How Long Do You Want to Live?

Talk about anything in here.

Re: How Long Do You Want to Live?

Postby Xeno » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:24 am

Yuki-Anne wrote:Point taken (although wars, genocide, kleptocracies, and evil dictatorships definitely still happen). I still maintain that American teenagers and the media designed to appeal to them are horrifying. The point of what I said is not that awful things didn't happen way back when or that certain things haven't improved, it's that in terms of social conduct, crime, education, and overall pleasantness, our culture isn't going in a good direction.

But it can be argued that life on Earth has always sucked, in which case my point still stands: one hundred years is more than enough.

Education is going bad? Exactly in what way? Like, the education system (how teachers are treated/paid and the standards they're held to in order to get things done) or the things students are being taught? I'm a little confused on this.

Also the social conduct, crime, and overall pleasantness thing isn't confined to the united states, it is something that is going on in the entire first world. We only see this as being the worst thing ever because it's happened/happening to us. People a hundred years ago felt the same about their situation, and the same before them. People 100 years from now will say that they have declined in ways from our current state, but in many ways they will be in a far better state than we are.
Xeno

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 am

How about we get back to answering the original post.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby drill » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:50 pm

shooraijin wrote:Into my 70s is plenty. I wouldn't know what to do with myself after I retire.

Same here. I figure as long as I have some sort of work to do to keep me busy then I'm fine with living for a long time, but if I ever become unable to work, I really don't know what I would do with myself especially since I don't really want to become some old man that sits around the house all the time... :XD:
drill

Postby FreddyCast » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:54 pm

As long as God allows me to live. Whether that be 70, 80, 100, or even 120 yrs. I leave my longevity in Christ's hands.
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Sanderson » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:43 am

A few more minutes I guess. -_-
Sanderson

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Not serious answer: I'd like to live indefinitely like my alter ego or like the elves pf Middle Earth.

Serious answer: long enough to grow to be more than an infant in Christ. I want to live long enough so that my work here is complete so that I can die in peace rather than filled with regrets, especially the very real regrets of wasting my life away on trivialities and the sensual pleasures of this world. I can't quantify that but it probably isn't next week or 100 years frpm now but rather somewhere in the middle.

How long I want to survive has little to do with my view of the world. Every age has its own unique problems and perks, morally speaking or otherwise especially considering the tendency of the world to obey its master.
Hmm... this thread is way too serious, and I'm not helping.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 am

Long enough to meet my wife and enjoy life with her, raise good children, and to see the Mars Mission.
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Atria35 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:31 am

Tough question.

My only living gma is 93 and hates it, often saying that she has lived too long. Now, really the only issues she has are needing a walker, cataract surgery, and the usual few pills one needs as one ages, but other than that... It's really because she has trouble keeping herself entertained (refuses to pick up new hobbies or try new things) and obsessively worries about things.

I hope that if I lived to be her age that I would be in her health but more willing to actually try to entertain myself.

With my family history, I might live to be that age, but I will also probably have Alzheimer's. So in lieu of this, I would be happy to die younger, when I start having issues with Alzheimer's. Because Alzheimer's is a nasty way to go for all involved.
Atria35

Postby Ally-Ann » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:04 pm

I'd like to live into my late 80s or 90s, providing I'm healthy. I want to get as much accomplished in my life as possible. Not completely for my own enjoyment, but to better the lives of others that may need/benefit from my talents/hobbies. ^_^
Ally-Ann

Postby NovaCammy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:07 am

As long as Christ want me to live. Because i really don't know what year o want to live, let God do the rest of my life.
NovaCammy

Previous

Return to General