I like driving.
38%
I take the bus.
7%
I'm a flyer, myself.
28%
I love trains.
10%
I bike cross-country. Keeps me fit. And slightly crazy.
3%
I take boats because I'm stuck 100 years in the past.
3%
I travel by covered wagon because I'm stuck 200 years in the past.
No votes
I don't travel. At all. Ever. Never once at all. Shut up.
10%

Total votes: 29

Favorite Form of Travel

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:26 pm

So, what's your favorite mode of transportation for long distances?

Personally, I love flying. I don't know why. Even though sometimes the turbulence scares me, and every time I get on a plane there's this scary thing my brain does where every once in a while I imagine the plane going down, I actually looking forward to hopping on a plane for ten hours, weirdly enough. It's far less boring than driving for the same amount of time.

I also enjoy driving long distances, but not as much. It does get super tedious.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Re: Favorite Form of Travel

Postby Xeno » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Xeno

Postby SierraLea » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:41 pm

Does driving still count if I like it best when someone else is driving?
SierraLea

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:57 pm

I can't remember what the first thing I voted was, either driving or flying, but for my second choice I did the last one just for the heck of it.

I like driving, but really only if it's big city driving and on the interstate. xD That's probably just my ADHD talking, driving into town is really boring.
DaughterOfZion

Postby Sammy Boy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:24 am

What happened to the "I prefer to walk" option? :)

Don't enjoy driving, but public transport isn't always the best way time-wise, so sometimes I have to drive.
Sammy Boy

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 am

They weren't poll options, but I definitely prefer bareback Warg, dragon, or Tyrannosaurus riding.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:25 am

I love biking (though I can't say I've biked cross-country too often). My sisters and I do a 23-mile bike trail that I love.
Second would be flying. It never gets old.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Crossfire » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:21 pm

There is a distinct lack of motorcycles in the poll. I am disappoint.
Crossfire

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:54 pm

I'd like to drive but I don't have the money for insurance. I ride the bus, but I don't particularly care for it.

Personally, I love flying. :) But I don't do it much, because 1) I rarely travel THAT far, and 2) plane tickets are *even more* expensive than car insurance, so obviously I can't afford them either. I used to be scared of getting on planes, but after I did it a few times, I grew to enjoy it. :)
mysngoeshere56

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:32 pm

I drive. Longest distance I ever hauled was 9600 miles in a month (San Diego to Cape Cod via Bishop, Denver, Chicago, Cleveland and Providence), through New England, down to Georgia, and back to California. Best month of my life.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 pm

For long distances, I prefer to fly. Flying on the plane itself is fun. The airport part, not so much.

I don't drive much anymore, so I ride and other people drive when I go places most of the time. Longest car road trip --I went with friends to a conference in Kansas City --drove from Houston, through Oklahoma and arrived at the house we stayed in on the Kansas side of Kansas City. We drove over to the Missouri side of Kansas City each day for the conference. :)
2nd longest? From Houston to South Padre Island for Beach Reach --actually took longer than driving to Louisiana for a mission trip. The longest period of time in any road trip I've been on has been traveling through Texas.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Vilo159 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:28 am

I share the human fascination with flight, but I also love traveling by sea. Granted, I haven't done it enough to have much of an opinion, but I think its cool. I rode a clipper shop once, which was pretty awesome.

I enjoy driving, but that's les of a novelty and its only as fun when someone is with you. Driving by yourself just isn't as enjoyable.
Vilo159

Postby Crossfire » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Vilo159 wrote: Driving by yourself just isn't as enjoyable.

That's what motorcycles are for.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Though you're right about driving alone in a car. It's nice to be able to talk with someone during long commutes.
Crossfire

Postby Rewin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Crossfire wrote:
Vilo159 wrote: Driving by yourself just isn't as enjoyable.

That's what motorcycles are for.

I thought they were for playing children's card games.

I like driving, possibly even more alone than with others, especially in my car.
Rewin

Return to General