Korean dramas

Talk about anything in here.

Korean dramas

Postby Cianter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 pm

I wasn't really sure where to put this since it isn't actually about anime, so sorry if it's in the wrong place. Ok, so I've never actually watched, or even really heard of Korean dramas before tonight, but I stumbled upon 'The Princess' Man' and am quite enjoying it so far. I was just wondering if there are any on here who watch Korean, or even Japanese dramas? And if so, I would love some recommendations ^_^ So yea...that's it I guess :)
Cianter

Re: Korean dramas

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:32 pm

I have queued Single Princeses and Blind Dates, A Man Called God, and Tamra Island on Hulu. Tamra is funny tho there's one part in the third episode where the British castaway misunderstood this one guy's name and thought it was the F Bomb.

I watched half of On Air on Cruncry before it was put behind the premium wall. I have a bookmark somewhere of an alternate host but forgot where (legal of course).
Psycho Molos

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:24 am

I've watched a little of My Princess because my sister made me (bonding or something like that...)
though my friend talks about them alot, so i know the story to a few. Sadly i can't remember their names...
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Atria35 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Oh, oh, oh. There aren't just KOREAN dramas, there are JAPANESE and CHINESE and TAIWANESE dramas as well. I am quite fond of them.

Netflix has a FABULOUS selection of Korean dramas on it. At this point, I'm rather partial to My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, but the one that got me into them was Hello My Lady, and I really, REALLY adored Fated To Love You. Just Yes. And Personal Preference was pretty hilarious.

Imma stop now because :D I love me foreign dramas.
Atria35

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 am

Man I grew up with my mom and sister who watched Korean dramas like it was their second job or something. Every story was about the same with only some minor variations involved. Poor artsy Korean boy falls in love with rich Korean girl. Rich businessman Korean boy also falls in love with same Korean girl. Korean girl is forced into a relationship with rich businessman Korean boy but secretly loves poor artsy Korean boy. They go out drinking one night and she passes out. Boy carries her on her back to her house while girl keeps slurring "oppaaaa" while drunk. They begin a relationship and parents disapprove so the girl's mother faints. Girl gets and passes out in the middle of a street one day and goes to the hospital. Girl later dies.

The most ridiculous one my mom used to watch was this one where this boy and girl are in love but the girl dies. So her heart gets donated to some other new girl who needs a heart transplant or something. The boy one day meets the new girl and the new girl's heart starts beating faster because it recognizes the boy and new girl begins to fall in love with boy.. but *gasp* new girl is already engaged to some rich boy and now new girl feels guilty about liking this boy and stuff.

If you're interested in this it was called "Summer Scent" or something.

Korean dramas are just weird.

Then there's also this this music video which is basically one condensed Korean drama.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:34 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:The most ridiculous one my mom used to watch was this one where this boy and girl are in love but the girl dies. So her heart gets donated to some other new girl who needs a heart transplant or something. The boy one day meets the new girl and the new girl's heart starts beating faster because it recognizes the boy and new girl begins to fall in love with boy.. but *gasp* new girl is already engaged to some rich boy and now new girl feels guilty about liking this boy and stuff.

I'm 90% sure this was also the story to an american cheesy romance mom's everywhere loved...
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Atria35 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:25 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:
Mr. SmartyPants wrote:The most ridiculous one my mom used to watch was this one where this boy and girl are in love but the girl dies. So her heart gets donated to some other new girl who needs a heart transplant or something. The boy one day meets the new girl and the new girl's heart starts beating faster because it recognizes the boy and new girl begins to fall in love with boy.. but *gasp* new girl is already engaged to some rich boy and now new girl feels guilty about liking this boy and stuff.

I'm 90% sure this was also the story to an american cheesy romance mom's everywhere loved...

The movie Return to Me. I watched it last night.

Thankfully there's a decent amount of variation to the love triangle issue, and even some that don't do the romantic triangle (White Tower). Because I would get terribly bored if they did that same plotline over and over.
Atria35

Return to General