Contest to win an adapted van --please vote for me!

Talk about anything in here.

Contest to win an adapted van --please vote for me!

Postby Sheenar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:57 am

Mods, if this type of thing is not allowed, please let me know as I want to be respectful of the rules.

Before my car accident this week, I entered a contest to win an adapted van --a van with a built-in lift--one that is scooter and wheelchair accessible. It would mean the WORLD to me to win a van! I can no longer use the behind-the-car lift on my car as I injured myself tightening the straps on it. Plus, now my car is out of commission and may not be repairable --so I'll be without transportation.

Winning an adapted van would mean that I could be more active in my community by being able to take my scooter with me. I could volunteer more and be more active in the community service organization that I am the President of. I would also be able to give rides to others here in my apartment complex (I live in a complex for people with neurological disabilities) as there is no reliable paratransit system where I live (We're not within Harris County, so no Metrolift).

You can vote once every 24 hours until the contest ends the first week of May. Please take a moment each day and vote for me! It would mean a LOT!!

http://www.mobilityawarenessmonth.com/entrant/sheena-walter-the-woodlands-tx/
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Contest to win an adapted van --please vote for me!

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:15 am

Voted! Hope you win Sheenar.
TopazRaven

Postby Xeno » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:06 pm

Everyone needs to Image on this.
It takes literally zero Image

e: I went ahead and shared it on my Facebook and Twitter accounts also, hope you don't mind. I know people on both of those who would be inclined to give votes.
Xeno

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:33 pm

No problem, Sheenar! I really hope this works out for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby QtheQreater » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:57 am

Done. I also shared this on facebook; I know several people who would vote (and who would understand your situation).
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby AndrewinIce » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Done.
AndrewinIce

Postby Sheenar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Thank you all for voting! :)

I'm very, very far behind in votes (like over 1,500 votes behind the leaders) --but I really appreciate the show of support!

Even if I don't win in the contest, God is faithful and will meet my needs in some other way. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to General