food habits

Talk about anything in here.

Re: food habits

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 am

I eat almost everything plain. Hamburgers? Meat and bun. Steak? Nope. Hot dogs? Sauce ruins it.

Pizza is a rare exception because I prefer it with Canadian bacon, but if it isn't an option that I'd rather just have cheese.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Canadian bacon? I didn't know that there was more than one sort! Please explain the differences between the types. Thanks.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Canadian bacon is not really bacon.

Canadian bacon is a pork product. The foods described by the term “Canadian bacon” are very different, depending on where in the world the consumer is. This can sometimes lead to confusion, especially for travelers. In the United States, “Canadian bacon” is a salted and cured meat much like conventional bacon. In much of Canada and Great Britain, however, “Canadian bacon” is an entirely different food, cured and treated in a different way before sale. Availability of the two different types of bacon varies, depending on one's location.

In flavor, appearance, and texture, Canadian bacon is closer to ham than it is to bacon. The meat is lean, slightly sweet, and juicy. Unlike regular bacon, Canadian bacon does not crisp up in its own fat while it is being cooked. The meat is meant to be served in a soft, juicy stage of cooking, and it will be dry and tasteless if it is allowed to crisp up. It is also usually served in thicker wedges than those used for conventional bacon

The cured pork product which Americans know as Canadian bacon is usually called back bacon in other parts of the world. It is made from the loin cut, which is in the center of the pig's back. As a result, the bacon is much leaner than conventional bacon. Back bacon is prepared in the same way as conventional bacon, with a salting and smoking process intended to cure the meat. Slightly more sugar is usually used, lending a sweet quality to Canadian bacon.

This type of Canadian bacon is a popular pizza topping in the United States, especially on Hawaiian pizza with pineapple. It also appears in breakfast foods like omelets, and is sometimes eaten by health conscious consumers who want the flavor of bacon without the heavy fat content. When available, it is usually found with other cured meat products, and is usually sold in chunks which are cut up by the consumer as needed.

Another type of Canadian bacon is also known as peameal bacon. It is also made from the loin, but it is cured in a sweet pickle and it has a crust made from yellow cornmeal or peas. Peameal bacon is sweet and slightly salty. It is usually sold in both cooked and parbaked forms. Make sure to read the label carefully to determine whether or not peameal bacon needs to be cooked before serving. Peameal bacon is eaten with numerous breakfast foods in Canada and parts of the United Kingdom.
Roy Mustang

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:36 pm

I've noticed that when I have fries from a fast food restaurant, I eat them plain. But when I have fries at home or am eating out at a sit-down restaurant, I will have the ketchup bottle nearby.
K. Ayato

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Wow, Roy! You're good. Cheers for the help, mate. :)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm making a vague attempt at dieting (Weight Watchers, which really means eating reasonable portions of food and is an eminently reasonable diet).

Braces make this very difficult since I like my veggies raw. Right now, veggies need to be DOA. I am not happy about this. The good thing is I love fruit and there are plenty of soft-fleshed ones out there that I can dig into.
Atria35

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 am

DOA? What's that mean?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:52 am

Dead on arrival
K. Ayato

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:15 am

Thanks, K.Ayato, Dead On Arrival? As in 'cooked'?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:08 am

It's a medical term, actually. Means a patient transported to the hospital emergency room didn't make it.
K. Ayato

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 am

My food tastes are pretty minimal and basic. I love honey on plain toast. Apples or bananas with organic peanut butter. I've gotten into making my own smoothies but haven't tried anything exciting yet. I like adding anything and everything to oatmeal from fruit to nuts to cereal, even yogurt. I'd have to say yogurt is the same way as well. If it is an "addable" I will most likely test it out in something!
yukoxholic

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:39 am

K. Ayato wrote:It's a medical term, actually. Means a patient transported to the hospital emergency room didn't make it.

This, but when I am talking about veggies it means they're arriving on my plate not just cooked, but cooked until dead (practically mush).
Atria35

Postby Meira » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:47 am

i am a pescatarian, idk how its spelled but anyways i only eat fish but no other meat (i know most pescatarians eat other white meats but i dont). but when i did eat meat i always preferred Pace salsa medium on my hotdogs. i still eat veggie dogs now and do the same thing. i almost never use mustard or ketchup anymore for veggie dogs at least.

also when i eat french fries i like the soft ones, fried potatoes i like the crunchy ones.

i make peanutbutter and honey sandwhiches :) love those

i will put ground red pepper in just about anything, soup, spaghetti, over asparagus or in peas, and more. i love red pepper :P

if i am eating a cake that is too thick i will eat the bottom layer first so as not to waste it but save the slightly thinner layer with icing for last (yumm)

i can eat a bell pepper as a snack, just a bell pepper nothing else, especially the milder ones :) pretty nice light snack. and no im not dieting lol.

also i dont always do this but a couple of times i have eaten an entire apple, including the core, minus the stem and seeds of course. didn't taste too bad either XD i didnt have to but it was one of those "eh...why not" moments lol.

i think my little preferences aren't all that weird, well...except for that last one lol.
"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable."
- Yuko Ichihara

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Meira

Postby TheMewster » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:10 am

I used to squeeze lemon on my shrimp and seafood a lot. I still squeeze it on fried fish, but for shrimp, I prefer cocktail sauce.

I don't like ranch dressing. I don't mind the flavor as much as I tend to gag when I eat it. Probably because I don't like mayonaise.

When I eat salads, I load on the dressing. There's this dressing I like (it's actually a sauce, but it is what it is) on my salads that you can sometimes find at TJ Maxx in the USA. It's mango coconut. It's pretty spicy, but it's good. I just have to drink water afterward, lol.

When I make powdered drink mix drinks, I like to suck on the end of the packet when I'm done pouring the mix into the pitcher (actually, it's the old juicy juice bottle ;))

I love pizza. When I discovered that I actually like it, I gained 9 pounds in a few months. Now I'm trying to cut back so I can lose that weight.
TheMewster

Postby syphon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:46 am

I prefer my noodles cooked until firm and not on the soggy side, mainly with food like spaghetti. Some food are an exception. I also always like ginger with my sushi with some wasabi. Unles its a sushi I haven't had yet so I can taste it first. @themewster I never heard of mango coconut sauce before, sounds really good I'd like to try it sometime if I run to any.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby CrystalChalice » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm

I have a pattern whenever I eat rice dishes: Vegetables/Meat + 2 spoonfuls of rice + drink

Before, I used to take the toppings off of my pizza slices and eat them separately.

Whenever my family orders Chinese food, I would always dip my food in ginger sauce.
CrystalChalice

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 pm

I still don't know what cocktail sauce and ranch dressings are.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I still don't know what cocktail sauce and ranch dressings are.

Cocktail sauce

Ranch dressing

Hope this helps! Cocktail sauce usually has a slightly spicy flavor.

Speaking of Ranch dressing, I enjoy dipping slices of pizza into Ranch. Also cheese fries dipped in Ranch are sooo good. I miss being able to eat dairy.
Sheenar

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:14 am

Sheenar wrote:Speaking of Ranch dressing, I enjoy dipping slices of pizza into Ranch. Also cheese fries dipped in Ranch are sooo good. I miss being able to eat dairy.

I would do this with ends of a pizza slice but it would be Ranch or Blue Cheese, but I stop that years ago.

I have a combo of pizza toppings. Most pizzas, I will go with pizza with vegetables on it, just no mushrooms or olives on it, or just a cheese or margherita pizza.

Most of the time, I will order or make a pizza with slice banana peppers and tomatoes with red peppers flakes put on it after it is done.

When I order a Chicago deep dish pizza, I get a spinach mix that is enhanced with garlic, basil & onion pizza.
Roy Mustang

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Ally-Ann wrote:When I was younger, I refused to eat peas unless I could put ketchup on them. Lots of ketchup.

Ketchup on scrambled eggs and hot dogs.

I used to have ketchup on spaghetti. I'm not as big a fan of it now, but I still like it on hot dogs, burgers, etc.

I LOVE noodles (spaghetti, mac-and-cheese, etc), and always have been. Potatoes/fries too. Imma love me some potatoes.

The only way I ever eat coconut, is in idiot cookies, and no, I don't know why they're called that. :lol:

I don't like to dip chips and such, except for popcorn shrimp, and then only in hot sauce.

Chocolate. Need I say more?
Banana Lobster

Postby Zeldafan2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:06 pm

Off and on, I enjoy eating plain white slices of bread.
Zeldafan2

Postby KittyCathy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:13 am

I only eat spicy food. Sometimes I eat chocolate or drink the hot chocolate but always with chili.
KittyCathy

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:57 am

I refuse to eat coconut. It makes me gag and I don't know why.
If I could live on potatoes, three meals a day, seven days a week, I would.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Previous

Return to General