Are You a Good Person?

Talk about anything in here.

Re: Are You a Good Person?

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Hmm... Okay. I'm curious. Please point me to some websites that explain the Christian beliefs to which you prescribe.

I mean no disrespect but I feel like you're presuming that I have some sort of systematic belief system that can be concretely described, and you're asking me to be concrete with something that isn't concrete. If you're still interested you're most certainly welcome to PM me or something. I don't want to derail the thread or anything.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 pm

blkmage wrote:There sure is a lot of debate over the theology of this quiz.

I would love to get into a discussion about this, but, you know.

This, haha.

Also, this:

QtheQreater wrote:Apparently, I'm not a good enough person to make it through that quiz. Can't abide being forced to wait for someone to narrate words in a derpy flash animation...

I made it about two seconds before I knew EXACTLY what it was and shut it down. One of the advantages (or disadvantages) of being raised in the church is that you can basically predict where stuff like this is going with 99% accuracy. Incidentally, that is the same reason I don't listen to much Christian music anymore: too predictable.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Xeno » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Yuki-Anne wrote:Incidentally, that is the same reason I don't listen to much Christian music anymore: too predictable.

But Yuki, don't you know, you've have to worship in everything you do! You can't worship in your music listening if you're listening to anything other than southern gospel choir music!
Xeno

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Yuko, you should listen to meWithoutYou then.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Xeno wrote:
Yuki-Anne wrote:Incidentally, that is the same reason I don't listen to much Christian music anymore: too predictable.

But Yuki, don't you know, you've have to worship in everything you do! You can't worship in your music listening if you're listening to anything other than southern gospel choir music!

But nothing makes me pray more vehemently for the sake of all mankind than Chris Brown.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Yuki-Anne wrote:
Xeno wrote:

But nothing makes me pray more vehemently for the sake of all mankind than Chris Brown.

ILU <3 :grin:
Atria35

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 pm

As always, I'm pretty conflicted about this. But I do think we've reached a point where even I have to say that we're well past CAA's limits on theological debate. So anyone who wants to continue a discussion, do so via PM.

I'm leaving this open on general principle, but I can't think of too many reasons for people to post in this thread anymore.
uc pseudonym

Postby Warrior4Christ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:10 am

Just offering a response...
Xeno wrote:
Warrior4Christ wrote:
Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I love how even if I clicked "Innocent" for every question, it still assumes that I've broken the commandments because Romans 3:23 says so (All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God etc etc etc).

Lying is a sin too.

He was attempting to see if there was an alternative route through the quiz by selecting different answers. It's a valid form of inquisitiveness. It's not lying, it's a testing method.

That was mainly a joke... but no one read it that way.
If the foundational fact is that everyone has failed in at least one way, then answering "innocent" to everything means you lied at least once. Which now makes it two sins.
Anyway, the quiz wouldn't load on my phone, so I haven't actually seen it.

Xeno wrote:Why do you specifically mention that this person was drinking? Consuming alcohol is not a sin. The Bible never condemns it, and in fact several times specifically speaks of various people drinking wine. Jesus himself made wine for his first miracle. So I'm confused about why this is specified like this.

Sorry, maybe that was badly worded.. I can't believe that was the key thing that stuck out. I wasn't trying to say that at all, as I enjoy alcohol myself now and then. The person mentioned that when recounting the story, as in excessive consumption. Now that I think about it, there were probably illicit drugs there too. It was mentioned as though those activities were among the best one could experience (according to peers and culture), when he had this discontentment.
Last edited by Warrior4Christ on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:45 am

I can read faster then than the narration, so forget it, but I know the answer anyway: "no."
Shao Feng-Li

Postby anlptgtsg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 am

I already know I'm not a good person. And I truly believe that being a christian is more the wanting to have eternal life.

Btw I kept on clicking the start over button of the page XD. Getting tired of the first part.
anlptgtsg

Postby Tigerchu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Sounds like the new age way of thinking, what this video is about. And yes, we're supposed to obey the 10 commandments, they're not just a guideline for life. That's what I believe as a Catholic. If we were just given them as a guideline for life, that's a lazy way of saying we can just goof off with sin and not deal with the consequences. Very immature. Jesus told the kid who approached him to keep following the 10 commandments. Plus God gave them to Moses. Anyway, to avoid an argument...
Tigerchu

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:48 am

^That's not really what the flash vid was about. It was made just to *try* to scare atheists/non-believers into Christianity by going, "If you're not a Christian, SHAME ON YOU YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!! BECOME A CHRISTIAN RIGHT NOW!!!"

. . . It was implying that, anyway. . .
Ally-Ann

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:29 am

I'm sorry. UC's note above didn't appear to be very confusing to me. I'm going to assume some people didn't read it because the thread was left open. I'm hoping you weren't intentionally ignoring it.
Mithrandir

Previous

Return to General