Where to find a Christian girlfriend...

Talk about anything in here.

Where to find a Christian girlfriend...

Postby impact777 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 am

Dear Caa'ers!
Please forgive me if you already had this topic. I couldn't find it.
I'm 29 and searching for a Christian grilfriend. But where can I find her? Unfortunately there so many Christians in Germany like in the US. :( There are Christian singles communities in the internet, but I don't know if that's what God wants for me. I've made bad experiences with them. Should I make an advert? It's not that I'm looking bad, but somehow I couldn't find the right oneyet. I'm pretty quiet and shy, but I know a lot of quiet and shy guys who have a nice girlfriend. Going to a dancing class? But the chance to meet there a CHRISTIAN girlfriend is also low.... I'm pretty frustrated. :waah!: Please help. :?:
impact777

Re: Where to find a Christian girlfriend...

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:23 am

Go to Bible college. Plenty of desperate Christian girls there.
Yuki-Anne

Postby impact777 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:30 am

Thank you Yuki-Anne! :) Hmm... the problem is that I haven't the time to go to a further college. I'm ready with studying in half a year and then I have to work...
impact777

Postby Atria35 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 am

...... We had a few threads like this from DotHackZero. What those answers boil down to is this:

Seriously, if it happens, it will happen. You can do things to meet other Christians - Bible study, going to a Christian college (where girls are encouraged to get their Mrs. degree as soon as possible), going online - but there is no surefire way to get a girlfriend, Christian or not.
Atria35

Postby impact777 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:57 am

Ah ok! I'm sorry. I didn't want to annoy somebody. :red: Yes, if there were already posts like mine here, it would also annoy me. ^^ Hmm.... yes, Bible study and Christian college comes to late for me. I think there aren't Christian colleges in Germany btw. But anyways, thank you. :) If the mod wants, he can close this thread.
impact777

Postby Atria35 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:03 am

^ It's okay, I'm not annoyed, but there's a lot of desperation to get girlfriends on the boards lately.
Atria35

Postby shooraijin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:04 am

I'm sure there are some, but probably not many.

Speaking as a 36-year-old bachelor, if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Maintain a reasonable social life, try to meet folks (guys and gals) similar to you, and don't sweat the details. I'm not going to sit around and agonize over it, and neither should you.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 am

Xeno

Postby impact777 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 am

Atria35 wrote:^ It's okay, I'm not annoyed, but there's a lot of desperation to get girlfriends on the boards lately.

Haha! :lol: Ok, I didn't know that. I can really comprehend it, if that's the case.

@shooraijin: Yeah, thank you! :) I guess that's the only way.
impact777

Postby impact777 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:11 am

@Xeno: Wow! Thank you. I've never heard of them before.
impact777

Postby Atria35 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 am

^ He found those via Google. Seriously, Google is your best friend when it comes to these things. There are lots of Christian colleges in Germany.
Atria35

Postby impact777 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 am

Ah! Hmm... I've googled for them, but you can't compare Christian universities in Germany with Christian universities in the US. You can only study theology and social pedagogy in all of them. And most of them only have the name "Christian" in them. They are runned by the church (Landeskirche), and they have very often a "very" liberal Christian attitude. The only exception is Abilene Christian University - Leipzig, Germany Campus. I wish we had one like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biola_University
Anyways, I'm too old to begin a new study.
impact777

Postby Atria35 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:50 am

impact777 wrote:Ah! Hmm... I've googled for them, but you can't compare Christian universities in Germany with Christian universities in the US. You can only study theology and social pedagogy in all of them.
That's actually a LOT like American Christian colleges. That's what you study at most of them here.

And most of them only have the name "Christian" in them. They are runned by the church (Landeskirche), and they have very often a "very" liberal Christian attitude. The only exception is Abilene Christian University - Leipzig, Germany Campus. I wish we had one like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biola_University
Anyways, I'm too old to begin a new study.
..... Okay, most are more liberal than you're comfortable with. Fair.

You're not too old to start olver again - a lot of people older than you are going back to college here because they need to get new degrees - but if you're happy where you are, then don't.
Atria35

Postby impact777 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:05 am

Atria35 wrote:That's actually a LOT like American Christian colleges. That's what you study at most of them here.

Ok. I only know Biola and the university of the movie "The Blind Side". ^^

Atria35 wrote:You're not too old to start olver again - a lot of people older than you are going back to college here because they need to get new degrees - but if you're happy where you are, then don't.

Thank you. :) Hmm..., I'm not so interested in studying theology or social pedagogy. I'm glad when I have my degree in electrotechnics. ;)
impact777

Postby DarkNozomi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:44 am

Most "Christians" of either gender are phonies, so consider not making that your primary criteria for a marriage partner. Find someone who's a good person, who cares about you and others, and who you really click with. If she's a good person she will respect your faith.
DarkNozomi

Postby seaglass27 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 am

DarkNozomi wrote:Most "Christians" of either gender are phonies, so consider not making that your primary criteria for a marriage partner. Find someone who's a good person, who cares about you and others, and who you really click with. If she's a good person she will respect your faith.

Or spend enough time getting to know someone to see if they are actually following Christ? Most Christians take the idea of marrying another Christian very seriously and want more than someone who will just "respect their faith."

On a side note, it's probably a bad idea to go to college just to get a girlfriend. Maybe that's not what you were talking about doing but it looked like it.
Last edited by seaglass27 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
seaglass27

Postby DaughterOfZion » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:28 am

I just want to point out that German university is a hugely different beast than college here in the US. I don't know a lot about German Uni, but from what I know/can tell you go to college FOR college and only college, you're not there to go have a fun time and make lots of friends. You go, get the skills needed for your future occupation and get your butt out of there and into a job. So it's pretty pointless to keep telling impact to go back to college to find a girl, unless he decides to come to the US just so he can find a girl, it's probably not going to happen.
DaughterOfZion

Postby Furen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:45 am

Yuki-Anne wrote:Go to Bible college. Plenty of desperate Christian girls there.

Best answer by far XD
Furen

Postby dothackzero » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 am

Furen wrote:

Best answer by far XD

Unless you live in a area where there aren't any Christian colleges around that teach Computer Science...
dothackzero

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:06 am

dothackzero wrote:
dothackzero wrote:
dothackzero wrote:Unless you live in a area where there aren't any Christian colleges around that teach Computer Science...
Unless you live in a area where there aren't any Christian colleges around that teach Computer Science...

Yes, because Christian Colleges that teach Computer Science are the only Christian Colleges that are legitimate Christian Colleges. Seriously, what was this response?
Xeno

Postby Furen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:14 am

dothackzero wrote:
Furen wrote:

Best answer by far XD

Start one :P

But seriously, it really does boil down to, if God shows you, He shows you, if he doesn't, too bad. I also have to sit in this boat (not quite as long) but I'm content right now, if you're looking for a Christian girlfriend though, one suggestion would be to do everything you can with your church, and just socialize a lot. There's also the go to every church event there is around, your church or not, I know some people who go to every church in the area, they have tons of friends, and a bunch of them happen to be girls, so even if you don't get a girlfriend, you may find a few girl friends.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 am

As a general rule, if you're going to church to find a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse/hook-up partner/chillin' buddy/whatever, you're going for the wrong reason. Church isn't supposed to be a social club, it's supposed to be about worshiping god. Yes, there is socialization, and yes you get to meet lots of new people and that's great, but using it for that purpose, is not what it was intended for, and if someone is wanting to use it specifically for that, even given my own personal non-beliefs, I would advise them they're doing it wrong and try to correct them with whatever holy book they follow.

That being said, if you feel it would be edifying to participate more in additional church activities then by all means do so. Don't take my post as a reason to not do that. I don't want you to think I'm advising you to not make friends or talk to people at church or what-have-you. But follow what you feel is right, because otherwise you're going to these things with an ulterior motive (to meet people), and not to "further the kingdom" as you're supposed to.
Xeno

Postby Furen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:33 am

Xeno wrote:As a general rule, if you're going to church to find a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse/hook-up partner/chillin' buddy/whatever, you're going for the wrong reason. Church isn't supposed to be a social club, it's supposed to be about worshiping god. Yes, there is socialization, and yes you get to meet lots of new people and that's great, but using it for that purpose, is not what it was intended for, and if someone is wanting to use it specifically for that, even given my own personal non-beliefs, I would advise them they're doing it wrong and try to correct them with whatever holy book they follow.

That being said, if you feel it would be edifying to participate more in additional church activities then by all means do so. Don't take my post as a reason to not do that. I don't want you to think I'm advising you to not make friends or talk to people at church or what-have-you. But follow what you feel is right, because otherwise you're going to these things with an ulterior motive (to meet people), and not to "further the kingdom" as you're supposed to.

I agree with this so much

If your main reason for church is for this, then please don't do that, but if it's just a thing that comes out of it, great!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Vilo159 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:42 am

Xeno wrote:Yes, because Christian Colleges that teach Computer Science are the only Christian Colleges that are legitimate Christian Colleges. Seriously, what was this response?

Um, he wants to go to college for computer science, and he can't find a christian college that has a good program for it. I see nothing wrong with that. In no way did he mean only computer science colleges are real christian ones. Quit picking at everything he says.
Vilo159

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 am

Vilo159 wrote:
Xeno wrote:Yes, because Christian Colleges that teach Computer Science are the only Christian Colleges that are legitimate Christian Colleges. Seriously, what was this response?

Um, he wants to go to college for computer science, and he can't find a christian college that has a good program for it. I see nothing wrong with that. In no way did he mean only computer science colleges are real christian ones. Quit picking at everything he says.

His post had nothing to do with this thread. I will pick at him until morale improves.
Xeno

Postby Vilo159 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:49 am

Xeno wrote:
Vilo159 wrote:

His post had nothing to do with this thread. I will pick at him until morale improves.

So you'll keep argiung even if your argument makes no sense and is very obviously wrong? What a waste of time.
Vilo159

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 am

I'll keep arguing because his statement in this thread made no sense. No one was talking about computer science before his post. It was in no way relevant to the discussion. He was making an attempt at refocusing the thread towards him, because he wants to go to a christian college that has a computer science course, and that's fine....but so what, the OP has said nothing about that and it's IRRELEVANT to this course of discussion. So no, my argument is not "very obviously wrong", you're just too dense to grasp that poor little dothackzero isn't what we were talking about from the starting point of this thread.

Edit: But you're right. Arguing with you is a waste of time, because no matter what the subject is, you never seem to get it. And that seems to go for a number of other people on this site too.
Xeno

Postby Vilo159 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:08 pm

But your response to him had nothing to do with the OP either, so with that logic, why would you respond? I don't think his comment was completely irrelevant, just a passing mildly humorous comment. But instead of just letting it go, you pounced on him like you always seem to do. If that wasn't your intention, sorry, I misunderstood you. Anyway, this whole argument is off topic, so I'll be done now. Sorry for taking up so much space, guys. If you want to keep going, Xeno, feel free to take it to PM.
Vilo159

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Can it, Vilo!
K. Ayato

Postby Nightshade X » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Let's get back on topic, shall we?
Nightshade X

Next

Return to General