How one things leads to another...

Talk about anything in here.

How one things leads to another...

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 am

Oops, title should read "How one thing leads to another..." not "things". :0

You've probably had similar experiences.

Tonight I got called out to a job and it got me thinking....

If I didn't get called about the job, I wouldn't have had to try remote access, and if it didn't fail, I wouldn't have had to drive to out to the work site, and if it didn't rain so heavily, my neighbour wouldn't have had to park his car in the driveway, and I wouldn't have had to use the car horn, and our baby wouldn't have been woken up and become unsettled, and we could've spent the night relaxing or watching TV...

Here's what happened....

Tonight I got called out to a job. I help maintain some IT systems.

Usually I can get to my work network via remote access, but for some reason it didn't work tonight.

So this means I need to drive out to one of the local offices.

My wife asks if they will let me in at night. I told her it should be fine as I have my work pass.

As soon as I get out it starts pouring, with thunder and lightning. I get to the local branch office, which is a short drive, but due to the intensity of the rain, my shoes are soaked through.

I show up to the office and tell the guard I got called to do some work. He gives me this look and eyes my work pass three times. I suddenly remember my wife's words. :)

But then the guard gives me the okay and tells me to sign in.

I go to one of the rooms and log into the work network. One and a half hours later, the job's completed.

I drive home but a car blocks part of the driveway, making it difficult for me to get my car into the garage. I use the car horn to no avail. So I reverse the car all the way in to the garage via the driveway. It's dark and raining heavily, and I'm afraid I will hit something.

I lock the garage door and turns out it was my neighbour's car in the driveway. He and I apologise to each other (I didn't recognise his car because he often rides a motorbike instead).

I go into my home and discover my baby girl crying and being unsettled. My wife tells me some guy's car horn woke her up. I explain that it was me and I should've known better.

It takes quite a while to get our baby settled again off to sleep.

So it got me thinking...
Sammy Boy

Return to General