[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Turkey day! - Page 2 - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Turkey day!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby TheMewster » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:10 pm

One year, my mom made some biscuits. They were some pretty good biscuits. My favorite food used to be the cranberry sauce.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby DaughterOfZion » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Sweet potato fries are stinking amazing. Fyi. xD
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Oh heck yes! I agree with that! Sweet potato anything is awesome. I've even had a sweet potato cupcake before. xD
TopazRaven

Postby Okami » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:03 pm

akorecki1 (post: 1517101) wrote:How can you eat sweet potatoes I HATE SWEET POTATOES!

I'm with you there. :thumb: Sweet potatoes are DISGUSTING. Sweet potato anything is so gross to me. Dx Blech! They are one of those foods that I try every so often, and still have yet to find it in me to like them.

I was also the child who didn't like pumpkin pie. (Remember, I've grown up with birthday cake on Thanksgiving practically all my life]yes[/I]. :D
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:29 pm

[color="Plum"]Baked yams with crushed pineapples and marshmallows on top, turkey, corn bread dressing, dirty rice (taste better than it sounds), cream spinach, cranberry sauce and pueblo baked corn and harvest vegetables.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby kanafukukara » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 pm

paid my mom 10 and she got me an tofurky since in vegrtain and she had to resrve it thank God that its in my fridge reday to me devored but all the soul food HEALHTY goodnesssssss

Selenite (post: 1517166) wrote:Baked yams with diced pineapples and marshmallows on top, turkey, dressing, dirty rice (taste better than it sounds), cream spinach, cranberry sauce, corn bread and pueblo baked corn and harvest vegetables.

yes dirty rice is fabolouis
:P
kanafukukara

Postby Sheenar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 pm

DaughterOfZion (post: 1517133) wrote:Sweet potato fries are stinking amazing. Fyi. xD

YES. I buy those when I can and bake them in the oven. :D

I agree that dirty rice is amazing --my grandma was from New Orleans and would make that for us fairly often. I haven't had it in a long time, though.

What I never quite got was the cranberry sauce that comes in a can --I mean, it tastes okay, but the fact that it comes out in the shape of the can makes it less appetizing to me (and the taste is kind of weird to me). I'd love to make/try some fresh cranberry sauce, though --I saw a lot of cranberries on sale at the store yesterday...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ADXC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:01 am

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, corn, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and some sweat tea make a fine Thanksgiving meal for me.
ADXC

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:32 pm

my favorite food is actually the mashed potatoes and olives. :)Also my mom makes chocolate pudding pie with whipped cream mmmhmmm (I hate Pumpkin Pie >_> )
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby akorecki1 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Today i had a huge turkey leg and 2 servings of stuffing and 2 servings of mashed potatoes block cheese and a roll oh and 2 peaces of apple pie with whipped cream or frozen whipped cream ( my dad calls it poor people ice cream).
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, my American friends!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby sandalwood » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:13 pm

akorecki1 (post: 1517101) wrote:How can you eat sweet potatoes I HATE SWEET POTATOES!

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one, haha
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Happy thanksgiving to all those who have thanksgiving. (I'm Canadian, hehe :P)

P.S.
I like sweet potatoes and yams. Not with marshmallows or anything..... (that's a bit weird to me, I guess it's an American thing?) But as fries or chips. With a curry dip. :D
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Sheenar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:36 pm

I had a day with the apartment to myself as my roommates went to their family Thanksgiving (I *think* my family is getting together on Saturday.)

Today, I made a baked pollack filet on a bed of pasta with sauce served with vegetables.

Made gluten free vanilla wafers that came out very oddly shaped, but tasty (and ate dough as I cleaned up). :)

Dinner was black bean and chicken corn tacos (corn tortillas) and baked french fries.

Edited to add: Dipping those vanilla wafers in dutch hot chocolate was a genius idea! SO GOOD! :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:55 pm

I think my single favorite thing are these rolls my Mom makes. I've been stuffing my face with 'em all day *burp*
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby aliveinHim » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:15 pm

I ate turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, veggies, and all that yummy stuff. I'm full :).
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:08 pm

I had my thanksgiving dinner about a month earlier, and with Chicken instead of Turkey (It's impossible to get turkey in Korea, and I doubt you can really find it in Japan either. That, and not many people in either country have full sized ovens)

It was great. Gravy, stuffing, the aforementioned chicken. Tasty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Previous

Return to General