Favorite Bible character

Talk about anything in here.

Re: Favorite Bible character

Postby TheMewster » Thu May 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Mine would be Daniel. I could explain the reasons, but that may be venturing into political things that may cause an argument. So I'll just leave it at the fact that I feel like I can relate the most to him.
TheMewster

Re:

Postby John_Smith » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Rusty Claymore wrote:Benaiah. He was awsome. Him and Othniel.
(Benaiah could also be considered the deadliest moe character in the Bible. Look him up and seeif you can find out why. XD)

Ha, I did look him up and got treated with this two three sentence long article:

Bible People Wiki wrote:One day he went into a snowy pit and killed a lion. He also went up against an Egyptian wielding a spear, using just a club. Benaiah took the spear from the Egyptian and struck him down with it.

I'm still not sure about the 'moe' part, but you have to be awesome if you just so happen to 'one day kill a lion.'

As for my personal favorite... that has to be Hezekiah. He's one of the last great kings; he actually tore down all the altars and pillars. And yet I think he's often forgotten about. Also, I love his reaction in 2 Kings 20. It goes something like this:

Isaiah: You life will come to an end, and after this your sons will be corrupt and Babylon will destroy Israel.
Hezekiah: Yes! Then times will be good during this lifetime!

That is admirable optimism in my opinion.

And I swear, I'm not gravedigging! This is adding to the conversation, right?
Last edited by John_Smith on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John_Smith

Postby sarahleinaar » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Ohhhhhh, this is a tough one... I have a lot of favorites!
My big time ones are...
- Esther (Her courage and faith in the Lord was OUTSTANDING)
-Mary Magdaline (Not sure I spelled that right but, she followed Jesus everywhere along with the other disciples)
- Ruth (She was so sweet and loving to Naomi)
- David (He killed a GIANT when he was a KID. Must I go on?)
- Job (He stayed devoted to God no matter what Lucifer did to him. That takes some serious faith)
- Saul/Paul (After he was Saul of course)
- Solomon (wisest person ever, besides God himself)
- Peter (he was very dedicated to Jesus and I love that)
and then of course Jesus and God :D
Love The Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
with all your mind, and with all your strength
sarahleinaar

Postby drill » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:24 pm

sarahleinaar wrote:and then of course Jesus and God :D

This.

Also, Josiah (2 Kings 22)
Elijah
Samson
Paul
Moses
Joseph (Genesis)
Ruth
Ester
Mary (Jesus' Mother)
drill

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Gotta say that Ruth is a real role model for me, and Boaz was a really cool guy.
silvanis2.0

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Agh! That's so hard! I'm probably gonna have to say Paul, though. This man was just...incredible, in every possible way. His testimony is epic, his ministry is epic, his faith is epic. He's definitely one of my top role models.
Of course, if I thought harder about it I'd come up with more people and have a really hard time deciding. So there it is! As of this exact second my favorite person from the Bible is Paul.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Hands down, the Apostle Paul, who was given the revelation and meaning of the Cross. The Prophet Samuel was also another favorite of mine.
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Paul is a pretty okay guy because he was all like "If you wanna have sex, go find a girl and get married and have a bunch of sex!" Anyone who says that is alright in my book.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:49 am

I didn't read the opening post, but if you mean, besides God and Jesus, then I'd go with... King David, Daniel is also pretty spectacular, those two were always my first thoughts growing up. Paul and Peter are also pretty fantastic too.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Anisha93 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:42 am

My favorite bible character other than christ is Daniel and Jonah.
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Postby Furen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:32 am

Anisha93 wrote:My favorite bible character other than christ is Daniel and Jonah.

Out of curiosity, why Jonah?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Anisha93 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:50 am

Because Jonah was funny, also he teaches you that you can run to any corner of the world but God will still find you.
Plus, God cared so much Jonah, he wanted Johan to learn and understand^^
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Postby Furen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:39 am

Oh, so more for what God does for Jonah. That makes sense, I hadn't thought about it in that way. Cool :)
Furen

Postby Anisha93 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:45 pm

I belive that each of us have a Jonah in our selves, we don't sometimes want to do what God wants us to or tend to run away or not accept what he does but In the end of it we come to accept his great doings.
That is why I love Jonah so much. because I know I have been just like him :-)

Anisha93

Postby Furen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Anisha93 wrote:That is why I love Jonah so much. because I know I have been just like him :-)

Actually... You know what? That's kinda the same reason I wrote Peter, so your thought is closer to mine than I realized.
Furen

Postby Anisha93 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:55 am

Funny right, how sometime we all tend to think the same..
So you are able to relate well with peter?

Anisha93

Postby Furen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:44 am

To an extent, but I'm sure we all can, Peter is such a vibrant guy through out his life with Christ. Full of faith, then failing the next. Being on fire for God, then denying him soon after, realizing, and stepping up to be bold proclaimers of our faith.

He's just another guy that shows he's full of mistakes, but can still be used and loved by Christ all the same.
Furen

Postby Anisha93 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:43 am

I agree. Peter does show the trails of faith. Wow, your reasons and mine are almost same. That is cool!!

Anisha93

Postby Furen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 am

Anisha93 wrote:I agree. Peter does show the trails of faith. Wow, your reasons and mine are almost same. That is cool!!

The biggest difference I see here, is that Peter is more of a hopeful way of changing, Jonah unfortunately didn't end well.
Furen

Postby firestorm » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:57 am

One of my favorites has to be Gideon because God even though he doesn't think much of himself God uses him in a might way. That has shown me alot especially writing this. It doesn't matter who you are, it matters if you're available. Gideon It also doesn't matter what you think of yourself it matters what the Lord thinks of you. God called him a "Mighty Warrior" before even Gideon thought he was or became one. We think so little of ourselves sometimes when God sees us so differently, I wonder if we stop ourselves or deny ourselves the opportunity to fulfill the Lord's will because we view ourselves that way?
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Nate » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Moses is another guy who was kinda like "God why are you calling on me I'm not good at anything."

The difference between those guys and me is both God and I know I'm worthless, that's why God hasn't called on me to do anything. :V

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby firestorm » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Nate wrote:Moses is another guy who was kinda like "God why are you calling on me I'm not good at anything."

The difference between those guys and me is both God and I know I'm worthless, that's why God hasn't called on me to do anything. :V

There are definitely people like that in the Bible. Thank God for his love that he would want to use us. :D

Aww but you mean a lot to a lot of us here, and God sees you as valuable. Sometimes we just gotta trust him and follow Christ right where we're at. Sometimes he has us serving or in a place to serve right where we're at and we don't know it. I'll pray that God opens up opportunities for you to serve and show you you're worth it. :D
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Furen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Nate wrote:that's why God hasn't called on me to do anything. :V

I don't know Nate... you did kinda spawn the CAA Brony alliance with that "MLP is actually... good" post.
Furen

Postby Anisha93 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:30 am

Furen wrote:The biggest difference I see here, is that Peter is more of a hopeful way of changing, Jonah unfortunately didn't end well.

I disagree. Jonah ended well in my opinion as God spared ninaveh and Jonah was taught a lesson about running away and anger. God through Jonah makes us understand that he is kind and patient and he gives you a second chance.

Anisha93

Postby Furen » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:20 pm

Anisha93 wrote: I disagree. Jonah ended well in my opinion as God spared ninaveh and Jonah was taught a lesson about running away and anger. God through Jonah makes us understand that he is kind and patient and he gives you a second chance.

I mean Jonah himself, because he just sat under a leaf (That a bug ate) and then just stayed there and stayed bitter, and it doesn't tell us if he does something or just continues to sulk his whole life.
Furen

Postby LastLfan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:38 pm

The guys that walked with Jesus, told him about Jesus, WITHOUT KNOWING HE WAS JESUS, really cool story, and cool dudes, also if the Benaiah mentioned is the captain of David's and then Solomon's army then yes, he is incredible, we were reading first kinfpgs in class, they mentioned him so much I figured he was important so I checked my concordance, NOTHING ON HOW HE DIES OR ANYTHING, NO CLOSURE. I was so bummed, I put on my chapter summary "the last we hear of Benaiah R.I.P" xD
LastLfan

Postby 1stMister » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Shamah from 2 Samuel. dude was a beast! totally rekt the enemy.
"In life there are many roads to choose from. many steps to be taken. many directions to go. but once a road is chosen, steps taken, or a direction confirmed, it is most often that it cannot be undone. Take a care in your Journey's Course" - Anonymous
1stMister

Previous

Return to General