Your favorite monster?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1511211) wrote:Image
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Maledicte » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Vampires (...heh) and sea monsters of all types. I maintain they exist. (minor cryptozoology nut here)

Also a fan of the Akhlut, a wolf that turns into a killer whale. AWESOME!
Fish and Chips wrote:Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEADEL9n7ac
Maledicte

Postby Ikuhisashiku » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:36 pm

I like the Krampus kinda ....
Ikuhisashiku

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:12 pm

"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby EndearingHotaru » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:26 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! That put me in tears. XD

And, um, I think the werewolf would have to be my choice. And nooooo. Not crappy Twilight werewolves. Like, real full moon, bloodthirsty beasts! Sometimes (when I'm feeling extremely nerdy), I'll sit on my back porch during the full moon and just stare up at it and freak myself out my getting jumpy at all the noises. Heh. ^3^ And hellhounds are pretty up my alley as well.
ImageImageImage ImageImage
EndearingHotaru

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:02 pm

EndearingHotaru (post: 1511280) wrote: Not crappy Twilight werewolves. Like, real full moon, bloodthirsty beasts!

Well, now that somebody's brought it up, I just want to say the biggest tragedy of Twilight is that it had the potential to be legitimately awesome.

Yes, the vampires sparkle, which is... stupid. But they were also darn near indestructible, especially in comparison with other mythologies. And the werewolves could transform at will. I mean, Meyer actually made up a pretty cool mythology, in my opinion. And what did she do with it?

She wasted it on a romance between two characters with no personality. We need a reboot. With explosions. And also, it would have been more awesome if instead of... sparkling... *shudders* the vampires actually did burst into flame. But weren't harmed by it. Like Ghost Rider or something.

Yes, we need an action-packed reboot. Sans Bella, unless it turns out she's also some kind of latent monster, like a lagoon creature or a minotaur or something.

Bella as a minotaur you guys. This can't fail!

Also, I like minotaurs.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby DaughterOfZion » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Meyers probably just expanded on Quileute legends, I imagine. Jacob is supposedly from the Quileute tribe, and they are said to have been made from wolves by a "supernatural transformer".

Hmm. Would skin-walkers count? They roughly fit into the wer-people canon. I like skin-walkers.
And the Kuchisake-onna, slit-mouthed woman, is kinda cool(disclaimer: the bottom has a picture of her without her mask on, not that bad, just thought I'd be safe). Teke Teke is creepyish.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Sheenar » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:43 pm

How could I forget about zombies? They are definitely one of my favorites.

And the Daleks from Doctor Who --exterminate!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Japan has a TON of creepy ones. I even bought my brother a book about them becaue he loves monsters and such.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:02 am

Oh, I'm a big fan of skin-walkers/shapeshifters as well. The Loch Less Monster, Mothman and the Black Shuck are a few more of my faves. xD With creatures like the Jersey Devil, Black Shuck and Mothman I actually like to think of them more as highly intelligent and 'undiscovered' animals rather then vicious demonic beast who tear apart/kill humans for a living. :lol:
TopazRaven

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:57 am

TopazRaven (post: 1511365) wrote:Oh, I'm a big fan of skin-walkers/shapeshifters as well. The Loch Less Monster, Mothman and the Black Shuck are a few more of my faves. xD With creatures like the Jersey Devil, Black Shuck and Mothman I actually like to think of them more as highly intelligent and 'undiscovered' animals rather then vicious demonic beast who tear apart/kill humans for a living. :lol:

Which is why these intelligent animals are so GREAT at Hide and Seek!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Exactly!
TopazRaven

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:31 pm

I really like most monsters. Ghosts are great because they could exist. I like the monsters more routed in reality
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Hill House.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Iris » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:35 am

My favorite monsters are the Weeping Angels, those of you who are fans of Doctor Who you know what I'm talking about, the reason why is because The Tenth Doctor describes them as "the only psychopaths in the universe that will kill you nicely" its funny how The Doctor describes aliens.
When reaching for the future, we sometimes fall into the past. As we gaze upon events that cannot be changed, our hearts grow bitter with regret. And you, my dear Serah, will you encounter your past here? How will you choose to deal with that pain? -Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII-2

Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys. -Lightning

Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here, and now. -Vanille
Iris

Previous

Return to General