My Bible is under attack!

Talk about anything in here.

My Bible is under attack!

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:01 am

Such a dramatic title.

So I opened my bible this morning and there were a bunch of tiny white bugs crawling all over it. 0.o I try to read five chapters every day, but I only made it through one before I just freaked out. I killed two of the bugs, which is rare for me to say the least and then put my bible in a lock safe bag for now. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I tried to look it up but all I came up with was book lice. These bugs didn't look like them at all to me and I don't keep my bible in damp or dusty areas. 0.o
TopazRaven

Postby Atria35 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:11 am

Ew! Yeah, if there were bugs in your Bible, then you should have put it in that bag right away. You should check other books in that area to make sure they aren't in them. If that book wasn't near others and instead near cloth or bedding, you mght be dealing with bedbugs, and an exterminator should be called ASAP.

However, those tiny white things could be the maggots of the bugs, so check out pictures of those, too.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:15 am

I've had bed bugs before so I don't think that's it (my mom would kill me for telling you that.) They actually reminded me of mites or something. I keep my bible in a wooden magizine holder next to the couch so yeah, I'll definitly go check that out now.
TopazRaven

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:18 am

Ewww. I agree. Find out if those bugs are hiding anywhere else, and do whatever needs to be done to get rid of them completely.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Okami » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:23 am

Eugghhh. This gives me an awful squeemish feeling reading this. XD I wish I knew what to say to this otherwise...but I really, really hate bugs.

And for some reason, this also reminds me of a time several years back where I had left my Bible on my floor, open to a place that I'd been reading it, and had walked out of my room....only to walk back in and discover one of my dogs had peed on it. I'd only owned that Bible for about two weeks. T.T My family was gracious and bought me a replacement after throwing it out, though...
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah, I looked up book lice larvea and they still don't look like them. They seemed like adult bugs to me, but I'm no expert. I haven't found anymore yet. I read my bible every day so I guess I might have caught this on time. I think I'm gonna put the bible in the freezer for 24 hours to be safe. I read that'll probably kill whatever it is.
TopazRaven

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Make sure it's in a sealed bag there - you don't want bugs getting into your food!
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah, definitly not. I put it in a sealed bag awhile ago. I see a bunch of white flecks so I guess the bugs got mad and came out of the bible.
TopazRaven

Postby aliveinHim » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Maybe God's trying to tell you something o.0. Just kiddin', Where do you ususaly keep your Bible?
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm

I mentioned that above, but I keep it in a wooden magazine holder next to my couch.
TopazRaven

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Eww, bugs T_T I stay away from them and they stay away from me (or, that's the deal I've come up with lol).. Things are good that way lol

I hope the freezer fixes the problem for you ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby TheMewster » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Yikes... Bugs bug me. May the Lord let you deal with this and may your Bible turn out ok. And if you lose your Bible from this, PM me for some great online Bible sites!!!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Well, that's something new. I guess I learned a new thing today. I never even heard of book lice. Book worms, yes, but not book lice.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Yes, book lice apparantly like getting into unsealed food in cabnites as well. xD I put my bible in the freezer. When my mom got home and I told her she freaked out and trashed all her magizines except for three she put in the freezer (even though we didn't see anything on them) and the magizine holder. I felt really bad.
TopazRaven

Postby EndearingHotaru » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Ew, that's disgusting. I hate bugs. Yeah, but I agree, maybe they're some type of gross lice? I don't know, if I see any kind of bug then I'm screaming for my dad and he deals with it. ._. Either that or there's a shoe in my hand in five seconds. So there is no way I can help you. Well, hope you find out what it is and may your Bible survive this time of awkward infestation. :3 Goodness. . . my Bible is sitting beside me on my bed and I'm a bit freaked out to open it for Devos. . .
ImageImageImage ImageImage
EndearingHotaru

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Sorry! :lol: Man, I don't know what's with me and the creepy crawlers today. I just caught the biggest spider I've sever seen in my living room and took it outside. My cat was chasing it and the thing was wicked fast. I was afraid I wouldn't get him. xD The thing was seriously almost as big as my palm. 0.o
TopazRaven

Postby Nami » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:44 am

Wow. Topaz! D: Ever since you became the Dark Empress, you've had bugs after you! D: Maybe it's a sign?
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Riona » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:34 am

You could try putting some moth balls in the bottom of your magazine rack, though they do smell. My poor husband lived in the Pacific Northwest where he learned to play the violin, and then when we moved to California he opened his violin case and found it all full of bugs! So he freaked out and asked around and was told that there's these bugs that eat the horsehair the violin bows are strung with. Apparently they only live in dry places. So now the violin case has moth balls in it and always smells a little funny.
Riona

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:51 am

Nami (post: 1506345) wrote:Wow. Topaz! D: Ever since you became the Dark Empress, you've had bugs after you! D: Maybe it's a sign?

Ahaha, usually I don't mind spiders and other bugs so much. I just catch them and let them outside or else my cats would kill them. I just don't want these tiny white things infesting my bible!

Riona (post: 1506353) wrote:You could try putting some moth balls in the bottom of your magazine rack, though they do smell. My poor husband lived in the Pacific Northwest where he learned to play the violin, and then when we moved to California he opened his violin case and found it all full of bugs! So he freaked out and asked around and was told that there's these bugs that eat the horsehair the violin bows are strung with. Apparently they only live in dry places. So now the violin case has moth balls in it and always smells a little funny.

My mother pretty much just decided to get rid of it. She left it outside and it's raining now so it's probably ruined, thank you for the advice though! She's one of those people who wants to trash something if she finds out there where bugs crawling in it. :lol: Even if they are probably gone.
TopazRaven

Postby Vii » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:56 pm

...Now I feel like something's crawling on my face...
Vii

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Eeeewwwww @_@
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Ahahaha! I probably should have mentioned this before, but Bible is fine now! Froze those bugs in the freezer. xD
TopazRaven

Return to General