Gay churches

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:08 am

OK. (Again, not that I agree with this, but it may help someone here understand a little more).

The standpoint that some (not all) of these pastors are coming from is based on interpretation. They would say, "The Bible implies you cannot have long hair; the bible implies it's OK to have slaves. Since the culture has changed the morals of the times no longer apply. It's the same with women in the ministry. (Please don't digress onto this. If you want my opinion, PM me.) There are perfectly reasonable arguments that Paul simply didn't want women speaking in public or having a position of authority (cultural no-no a the time) to drive people away from Chrisitanity. There isn't really solid evidence that it's no longer allowed. Same with being gay."

Anyway, that's their philosophy. (Please don't, uh, flame me... for this one).
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:20 am

Yeah. If you're going to argue Biblically against homosexuality, you really shouldn't look to Leviticus (oldphilosopher explains it). Actually, the primary verse used is in the New Testament. It's in one of the Pauline letters, but at the moment I have no resources and I can't check. Tony Campolo makes an interesting point in one of his books. He wrote a book on controversial topics (slavery and women in leadership among them). Homosexuality was not included, because he feels it isn't an issue that has verses on both sides.
uc pseudonym

Postby Christianotaku » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:11 am

the bible doesn not say you can not it says it is dishonouros but if your trying to please the lord and trying to reach people who wear the hair long its fine i would guess.

with slaves the new testament talks about liberating slaves and being nicer

eventaully to lead to a world without slaves
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby Stephen » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:21 pm

Lets read some more fun verses from the Bible folks.

1 Corinthians 6:9
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be decieved. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

I think we can all agree that any sexual sin is the same in Gods eyes...so what did God say to the woman in adultery...go, and sin no more. Not, go and live the way you were living...or go and really try not to be an adulteress. He made it clear...to be a Christian you have to beat that lust....so yes a pastor that is a homosexual is not a Christian. Anyone that practices a sin...is serving there master...to call themself a Christian is a joke. When we turn to the Lord we are to turn our backs on the old ways...not let them linger around and use science as a crutch for our perverted lifestyle.
Stephen

Postby Christianotaku » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:28 pm

laides and gentlemen of the jury shaterhearts right

*thinks he must always get last word in *
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Christianotaku » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:13 pm

hehe ya

*hulk must always have last word
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Rashiir » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:31 pm

Ok, that's just spam. I guess this is too, but it had to be done.
Rashiir

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:48 pm

I said this at the beginning and I meant it - this thread has gone off topic and has crossed lines that we have here for a reason. I had a post ready to give my take and why - but I'm not putting it up. It is not my place, and it's not CAA's place to host it. If you guys want to debate and discuss such a sensitive matter, there are lots of forums that will welcome it - but it won't be done here.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Previous

Return to General