Make a Difference in a Child's Life: Kards for Kids

Talk about anything in here.

Make a Difference in a Child's Life: Kards for Kids

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Hey everyone! Kitchan here...

If you have the desire to make a difference in the life of a very needy child I have an EASY way that you can!

A very good friend of mine is a survivor of Lymphoma (it's a cancer in the Lymph system) and he has been in remission for 5 years, and thus, he has been declared cured.

After reading a very touching article about a young child with cancer, he decided that he wanted to give back to the hospital that saved his life.

In March he is going to Denver to do just that.... He is going to visit the Denver Children's Hospital's cancer ward to deliver cards for them

but he needs OUR HELP!

Earlier this week he started an organization on DA...called Kards for Kids and the purpose of this organization is to take all of our talents and make something, be it cards, posters, poems WHATEVER and make them for these to some very sick childern and try to bring a smile to their faces.

So if you can draw, write, or just simply buy a card! You CAN make a diffence in the life of of a very special child.

Here is his journal Entry from his DA organization, Kards for Kids: which can be found here: http://kardsforkids.deviantart.com

I'd like to thank you for finding KardsforKids, we are a group of artists, authors, poets, and whatever you consider yourself. What we're about is one and very important mission. Bringing a smile to a child who is dealing with the ravages of cancer, even if its only for one day.

Now that you know what we're about, I'll tell you who I am. I am actually Tannan [link] . I was blessed to have survived lymphoma(a type of cancer that attacks the lymph system. It's been about, umm 5 years since I've been in remission and have been declared cured. My case though is a rare one, and some children deal with this everyday for the rest of their lives. And so after reading a post on the The Official Risembool Rangers Website, I was inspired to start this group and bring some smiles back to the hospital that cured me.

How I will do this is ask all of you to submit a card, poster, picture, or whatever you want to submit by March 16th so that I can take them to the Oncology Department of Denver Children's Hospital in Denver, Colorado. Please make sure that it is appropriate for the situation. These are kids, and some of them might be terminal so "Get Well Soon" may not be as good as "Just sending a smile" etc. I want to encourage as much creativity as possible, so please if you can and have the time, make it yourself. If you don't have time or the creativity a card from the store is an ok substitute.

I'm sorry but I can't offer anything other than the children's smiles to give you in return. But if you're only doing this to get something back, then maybe you don't need to do it. This is about giving and selflessness.

So invite as many friends as you want or physically can. Please if you don't see me everyday, or know who I am just send your submission to my home address. XD I don't have much room in my dorm room. It is

Ok now get creative and have fun. Maybe we can make this a yearly thing. I'll keep you updated as to how close the deadline is. Later ^_^!

If you guys don't have DA accounts just post your stuff here, or PM me. Or send your cards to the address on his DA journal *by clicking the link*

Thank you so much for reading! ^_^

mods, if this is in the wrong place I apologize... I wasn't sure where else to put this.

God bless you guys!
Kitchan
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Return to General