Dad is..........

Talk about anything in here.

Dad is..........

Postby Christianotaku » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:12 pm

My dad is a missionary.............we live in colombia in the middle of nowhere..............Whenever we start talking abotu theology and ifhgt he always gets mad at me...............Im a christian and want to be but if i ever talk abotu leaving christianity he yells at me..................he thinks he can force me to be a christian.......and i am tired so tired and depressed..........i mscared that i wil kidnapped every minute and then i live i nthe middle of nowhere well theres nothing o do what should I do?
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby Technomancer » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:36 pm

That's heavy, you've got my prayers friend. It sounds like you've got two issues that you need to work out, your life in Colombia and the nature of your faith. Will your father let you live with relatives (I'm sorry I can't remeber if you wrote where you're from or not) either State-side or somewhere more conducive to your personal needs (like in the city)?
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:37 pm

Wow... this wasn't in the prayer requests section, but how can a Christian read something like this and not pray? We're lifting you up to God, brother.
uc pseudonym

Postby Shinja » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:39 pm

ill pray for you too.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby andyroo » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:51 pm

uhuh. I'm praying also.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

thank you all

Postby Christianotaku » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:12 pm

thank you all for the prayers

as for relatives my dad is native colombian and all my relatives live here exept for an uncle and a aunt in ohio and they already have children..........................I also hear they grow pot.........
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:26 pm

Yes, we'll pray for you. I understand that you're in a very unique circumstance, but I have a few questions for you. You are right that no one can force you to be a Christian, but why do you talk about leaving the faith? I mean, as Christians, we should all step back now and again and examine why we believe how we do, but not step away from the Truth. Also, although it's very easy for me to just say this - you really shouldn't be afraid about something happening to you. You are in God's hand, so no amount of worrying will change anything. Besides, God has given us the power of a sound mind, and not of fear. And if you ask Him, He will show you where to direct your energies. But we'll be praying, alright?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

well............

Postby Christianotaku » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:08 pm

I really dont want to leave the faith what I actaully do is challenge his interpretation of the bible and in doing so dare to make my own interpretation of the faith.

here the church is very corrupted a maid got raped by her boss and the church blamed her for being to seductive....

While my dad is against the churchs decision I feel that some of his interpretation is erronorous.

He seems to think that any song thats not christian is demonic and has subconsoius rythms tones and words...

while i dont say that some music might be like this i do not agree that all music that is not christian is like this.............
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:15 pm

Ah, thank you for clarifying. It's fine to want to use your own interpretation, though I would caution you that it's good to have other believers check you. But in your case... that might not proved so productive. If you wanted any affirmation, you've got it from me.

It's just going to be tough; my advice is limited. Pray (as always). But secondly, at least treat your father's interpretation with respect, even if you think he's completely wrong. Your chances of changing his mind are slim, so I'd suggest just respectfully disagreeing.
uc pseudonym

Postby Straylight » Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:13 pm

I grew up in a similar situation (yours sounds a lot worse than mine though)... and i'd agree with UC it's next to impossible that you'll change his mind. I actually went to a different church from my parents in the end, although my choice was for completely different reasons... however I think in your case it'd be hard to move churches right? nothing else nearby?

At the least I'd recommend lots of prayer. And I mean lots; spend loads of time with God and your Christian faith will mature, and as it does you will begin to make a difference. NEVER let satan try to crush your faith. If you feel under attack, remember where it's coming from. Your faith is dangerous and the enemy will try and use any way he can to destroy what you have. If you can, find other Christians to pray with, preferably not the ones who caused you grief.

Addition: Also remember that Christianity is really little to do with interpretations and theological explanations. It's about a relationship with God, your Father. Many of the greatest Christians I know haven't got a clue about theology, so don't worry about it! Learn to get in touch with God, it's the most important part of the Christian faith.

Praying for you :thumb:
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Postby Christianotaku » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:28 pm

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm the churches here are scary if you do something they think is bad or unchristian the somehow punish you dont know how............they just do i heard my parents commenting on it once.........scary
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:39 am

Persection within the church. Nasty business. Keep to your course, man, do what you believe God wants you to do. It's scant comfort, but know that Jesus is pretty positive about persecution.
uc pseudonym

Return to General