Favorite Bible Verses

Talk about anything in here.

Favorite Bible Verses

Postby Spencer » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:23 pm

Anybody got some favorite bible verses? This is pretty much a copy of favorite quotes, just kinda different.

1 Tim 4:12 - Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, in purity.

That one helps me feel better in a group of people older than me (such as this one, and also my youth group at church)
:)
Spencer

Postby andyroo » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:42 pm

Well my sig is my favorite bible verse. It's pretty funny, I think. I'm kinda a sucker for the proverbs; alot of witty sayings in there. There is also a bible verse that my teacher read to me at the end of the school year (bgi: my teacher had assigned a bible verse to every students that he felt fit that person's personality). Mine was in either I Timothy or II Timothy. I can't remember, but Paul was telling Timothy not to fall to the temptations of the world ( not to loose your head my teacher put it). I guess it's because I'm into anime like the rest of us are into.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby minjigga » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:53 pm

oh yes. i try to base ma life around this one.
psalm 37:4
"delight yourself also in the LORD and he shall give you the desires of your heart."
emm good stuff.
payce:God bless:minjigs
minjigga

Postby Technomancer » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:03 pm

I've always liked this one:

Mt:25:
35 For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in:
36 Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me.
37 Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry and fed thee: thirsty and gave thee drink?
38 Or when did we see thee a stranger and took thee in? Or naked and covered thee?
39 Or when did we see thee sick or in prison and came to thee?
40 And the king answering shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

Though I've also a fondness for the Book of Wisdom.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Psycho Ann » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:55 pm

My sig ^^ I find strength in most of the Psalm verses ^^
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Straylight » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:32 pm

the one in my sig :rock:
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby LorentzForce » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:06 pm

first two chapters of Genesis. out of them, 2:1 is my favourite, and is in my sig.

so interesting to learn the creation theory of bible and trying to fit it with scientific facts of today...
LorentzForce

Postby blueraven » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:14 pm

Psalm 23:4 has always been my favorite. I just take so much comfort it in, I'll admit I'm a wuss during thunderstomrs :sweat: and just saying that verse aloud comforts me, mostly because I really do know that God is with me, just not me but with all of us. Psalms is my favorite book right next to Romans and Proverbs.
"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
blueraven

Postby LorentzForce » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:22 pm

if you stay inside a shell of any sort (cars, houses, buildings, anything than a tree) you'll be fine. you can't get injured. not even a scratch.
LorentzForce

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:49 pm

Like most others, my sig, for odd reasons. Also, Revelations 22:21:

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Not only is it the last verse of the entire Bible, I think it sums up a lot of the gospel message in a single verse. The "Amen" is kind of like a period.

The rest of you have some good verses, too. Proverbs is a great book, isn't it?
uc pseudonym

Postby Rashiir » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:18 pm

Did you know there's no Amen in the Spanish Bible? Maybe it's just my copy, the Santa Biblia, Versión Popular. I don't know, I just thought it was weird...
Rashiir

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:38 pm

Nope, I had no idea. Maybe it is the translation. I think it's in the Greek, though. In any case, it really isn't that important. That was interesting, thanks for sharing!
uc pseudonym

Postby Lightbringer » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:14 pm

Psalms 144:1 "Blessed by the Lord my strength wich teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight."
Why do i like this verse so much? because it tells me that i dont need to worry about may come my way, i'll know what i need to when the time is come for me to do it.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Anison Twilight » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:38 am

I am brother to dragons, and companion to owls.
-Job 30:29

My favorite verse for more than just the dragons...
Anison Twilight

Return to General