Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Talk about anything in here.

Re: Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Postby seaglass27 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:01 am

Returning after a number of years. How's it going?
seaglass27

Postby shooraijin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Welcome back.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Zeldafan2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:10 pm

Otaku Jordan wrote:Returning after a number of years. How's it going?

Hey, Otaku! I'm doing very well, how about you? Let's hope we can make this forum community a little more active. :)

On a different note, do you have Discord? If so, you can ask for an invitation to the Christian Anime Alliance Discord group. Just ask Mullet Death or Chocolate Gamer for a link. :)
Zeldafan2

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Just passing through here and wanted to say I've been thinking of you all. ^_^ Miss everybody! <3
mysngoeshere56

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:24 am

Oh, I missed OJ's shortlived return. Well I'm bummed.
I'm tentatively? back. I think I've said that a number of times, so it might not be too trustworthy. I know everybody's kind of migrated to new sites and programs and whatever for communicating, but I miss the good ol' CAA site. So I'm gonna try to be active again.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby steenajack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:09 pm

It’s been a long time since I came here, but I just wanted to say hi for both me and TGJesusfreak. On March 10th, 2010, TG first messaged me on this site. We became best friends and eventually we became more. It’ll be our 7th year anniversary on January 8th next year. And today, TG proposed to me. :) I’m really thankful for what God has given us through this site. I just wanted you guys to know we’re doing well and thank you to the mods who created CAA. Without it, TG and I wouldn’t have met.
steenajack

Postby IPv4 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:30 am

you're welcome.

--current CAA community.
IPv4

Postby Mouse2010 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:54 pm

steenajack wrote:It’s been a long time since I came here, but I just wanted to say hi for both me and TGJesusfreak. On March 10th, 2010, TG first messaged me on this site. We became best friends and eventually we became more. It’ll be our 7th year anniversary on January 8th next year. And today, TG proposed to me. :)
Congratulations!
Mouse2010

Postby steenajack » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks guys!
steenajack

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:22 am

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, world!!!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Furen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Hey Claec. It's quite quiet these days, eh?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Not if I have anything to say about it!

ClaecElric4God

Postby AdriTan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:32 pm

HI
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Hiiii!

ClaecElric4God

Postby AdriTan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Hello!!!!!
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby Abassi » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:49 pm

All quiet on the western front, eh?
This old one looks upon the plains of the Alliance and says "Hoy! If any of ye still be here, speak!" But even if you don't speak, I recall you, CAA. I say "hoy!" and greet you from the long past and from a long silence.
Abassi

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:23 pm

Just passing through here to say hello! :)
mysngoeshere56

Postby Abassi » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Howdy! I don't know where the welcoming committee keeps its confetti so--*throws rubber chickens in the air* In the words of Kermit the Frog: "yaaaaay!"
Abassi

Postby duckmeat » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Hello! Haven't been here in years, just wanted to see if anybody else was around. Rexman, Crystal, Peregrine, and so on. Does the chat feature still work?
duckmeat

Postby Abassi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:16 pm

The halls of the CAA are pretty quiet lately. I only started checking in again recent-ish. I'd love to answer the chat question but so far I haven't really seen anyone on CAA when I've been lurking, so I cannot test it with certainty. It seems to be in working order.
Abassi

Postby duckmeat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:33 pm

Abassi wrote:The halls of the CAA are pretty quiet lately. I only started checking in again recent-ish. I'd love to answer the chat question but so far I haven't really seen anyone on CAA when I've been lurking, so I cannot test it with certainty. It seems to be in working order.

Oh man, that makes me sad. I remember when there would always be someone on. This was back in 2005-6 though.

Geez, times have really changed. I'm glad this place is still around, but also sad it's pretty much died down. I wonder if CAA has a subreddit equivalent? It was nice chatting with other people who enjoyed anime and were Christian.
duckmeat

Postby duckmeat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Also, how come I need a moderator approval everytime I post a message? Will it always be like this?
duckmeat

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:00 pm

duckmeat wrote:Also, how come I need a moderator approval everytime I post a message? Will it always be like this?

All new accounts are auto-moderated. It will terminate after a small number of approved posts. We are under constant attack by spambots (for example, I cleaned out 48 half-completed signups, 9 completed signups and 7 spam postings just today, but none of these were visible to regular users because they all are in the moderator queue), so unfortunately this is unavoidable. We try to attend to the queue as quickly as we can, at minimum daily. Thanks for your patience.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Abassi » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Points to you for the effort, good mod. That sounds like a ruddy mess. Just want to say: you're awesome for keeping CAA awesome.
Abassi

Postby duckmeat » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:12 pm

shooraijin wrote:
duckmeat wrote:Also, how come I need a moderator approval everytime I post a message? Will it always be like this?

All new accounts are auto-moderated. It will terminate after a small number of approved posts. We are under constant attack by spambots (for example, I cleaned out 48 half-completed signups, 9 completed signups and 7 spam postings just today, but none of these were visible to regular users because they all are in the moderator queue), so unfortunately this is unavoidable. We try to attend to the queue as quickly as we can, at minimum daily. Thanks for your patience.

Ah okay. Well thank you for getting back to me! And thanks for keeping this place up and running. I was afraid CAA would be taken down and not still up after 10 years.

I'm guess a lot of people have left huh? Do you see any new people sign up anymore? I guess Reddit and Discord servers have taken away potential members. Do we have a Discord for CAA now? I keep thinking of CAA from 2006-7 so I forget about all the technoligcal advancements we've had in the past decade haha.
duckmeat

Postby shooraijin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:01 am

Someone had a Discord up at one time, but I don't remember what happened to it.

shooraijin

Postby duckmeat » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 pm

Is the chat down? I can't access it. Is it because I"m a new member? I guess I need to keep posting.
duckmeat

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:21 am

Chat seems to be working.

shooraijin

Postby Masaru » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Glad I went ahead and took a peek here! The Discord indeed is still running and open to anyone who still happens to wander by here :D I've created a link that should work indefinitely:
https://discord.gg/zqeWnAP

On the note of bots, do we have any access to the backend of the forum, or is that all pretty much in Mith's hands? Just curious because I've gained some Web hosting experience with my current job, and may be able to suggest some things we could look at/try to mitigate them, if it's worth doing.
Masaru

Postby Sennin » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:22 am

Hello there everyone! I was very active on this forum back in college. (You can find a comment of mine way back on the first page of this thread--8th comment.) Today, I felt curious about whether people still posted here. So, I'll be back for a little bit.
Sennin

Previous Next

Return to General