Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Talk about anything in here.

Re: Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Like John said, I never met you directly, but I loved your posts, and you'll definitely be missed. God bless, and I'm glad we were able to have you around and enjoy your participation.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm sorry, I know I did a disappearing act again (if anybody noticed). Things have been pretty busy in my life. Had to take care of some things at home (still doing that, actually), got sick for awhile, and also had to juggle a bunch of midterms/papers. I've actually written up a 21-page story for one class, which was extremely hard to do considering the circumstances. I'm not sure how much I'll be on here, but I'm still going to be online if anybody wants/needs something. :)
mysngoeshere56

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:44 am

Good to see you're still around, Sno. Wow, sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Hope things slow down a bit for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Koshka » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Hello again everbodies...I just stopped coming here for so long that I forgot why I stopped coming here. So I'm here again...for however long that lasts. Gosh it's been sooooo long...I dunno if anybody even remembers me :red:
Koshka

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Sorry been so quiet. Just not sure what to say anymore. Still unemployed. Oddly have reading ADD too
Psycho Molos

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Hey, Koshka. Sorry, I don't believe we've met. But it's always good to see a new (er, old?) face. Hope you can stick around for awhile, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

ClaecElric4God

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

GeneD wrote:Just stop it. Stop this.

I return. Hopefully nobody grew any controversial mustaches while I was gone.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Xeno » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:52 pm

FllMtl Novelist wrote:I return. Hopefully nobody grew any controversial mustaches while I was gone.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*goes and grabs my razor*
Xeno

Postby Lynna » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:18 pm

FllMtl Novelist wrote:
GeneD wrote:Just stop it. Stop this.

I return. Hopefully nobody grew any controversial mustaches while I was gone.

:D I didn't know you were a fellow Sherlockian!
Welcome back XD
Lynna

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Welcome back, Fu. Here, I cried a bucket of tears while you were gone, and I thought you should have it. *hands bucket*

ClaecElric4God

Postby GeneD » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:38 am

FllMtl Novelist wrote:I return.

*Fangirl squee* I make no promises about mustaches however.
GeneD

Postby Garland » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Goodness, when was the last time I logged on here? I need to get back on here more... Hopefully I'll have time enough.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:05 pm

So, after being here for 4+ years, I've seen a lot of people come and go. I always kind of used to wonder why the ones who didn't have a reason like "I'll be gone for reason x" felt the need to post, since it seemed kind of strange to me to make some sort of official departure, especially if it wasn't going to be permanent but had an indefinite period of time (and may have, in fact, been permanent). It seemed like burning some sort of bridge and that if people who were important to you needed to know, they'd probably be important enough that you'd have already mentioned a lack of time in the future to them and presumably kept contact with them outside of CAA.

Well, I guess I get it now. I've spent the past two months of my life at college and while I had a very, very, very rough transition, during the past three or so weeks I've really begun to find my place here. And as I've done that, I've had increasingly less time for my online friends, especially in places that require larger amounts of time commitment than Twitter or MAL. I've browsed CAA daily, and I'll probably still do that, but I don't really have time to make worthwhile posts, which are really the only kinds of posts that I should be making. I've barely watched any anime lately and I haven't even made posts about the stuff I have watched. Now, were a younger me watching this older me make this post, he'd probably wonder why I was bothering, since I was still going to lurk and maybe make an occasional post. Now I think I get it, though.

CAA has been a pretty big deal to me over the years. I've met a lot of people who have been really important to me and I think I've really learned a lot about myself here. I think it would be weird and wrong to not have some closure. I've made some great friends here and I don't intend for this to be the last time you hear from me. However, I honestly don't have the time for CAA now as I've been building some really incredible relationships through college and focusing on getting good grades. But before I "go", thank you very much to the people I've befriended and to the people who've helped me grow, knowingly or not. It's been great.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Wow, didn't see this one coming. I thought you were just an NPC that was always around to liven the place up, and you weren't programmed to be able to leave. Even though you'll still be lurking, you'll be greatly missed.
I know we never had an awesome friendship or anything, so my input probably doesn't really matter. :lol: But I'll definitely miss seeing you around. Take care of yourself, Hatman.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Vii » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:11 am

Best endeavors to you on your college journey, Hats.
Vii

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:06 pm

College is a good time to maximize engagement offline. This isn't true for everyone, but I found it provided a different, more highly-saturated environment for relationships and activities than real life. Get the most out of it.
uc pseudonym

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Heh. I pretty much fell of the face of the earth my first year too (...and my second year ... third year ... fourth ...).

Take care of yourself Hats, we'll probably still be here when you get back. :P
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Lynna » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Goodbye, Mr. Hat'n'Clogs! I think I've taken your presence here for granted a little over the years. You will be missed.
Lynna

Postby GeneD » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:31 am

I can identify with being conflicted about this thread.

See you around, Hat, and may your rose coloured campus life be a million times more awesome than you hoped.
GeneD

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Well, folks. This is it. I'm leaving for all time.

Seriously, though. I'm going to the land of ronin and rice balls for a month. I'll try to keep up with the forums and post and all that good stuff, but I can't promise anything, since I have no idea what my schedule will be like.

Try to miss me as much as possible.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Crossfire » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:47 pm

I hope the Dash-8 doesn't catch on fire or something. If you survive the trip to Toronto make sure you visit a Tim's.
Crossfire

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Awe, I'll miss you Claec ;-;
as soon as I get time to post you leave, what's up with that? >___<;;
*gives panda hug*
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:09 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Try to miss me as much as possible.

I am going to throw so many parties when you're gone.
Ante Bellum

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:33 am

Ante Bellum wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:Try to miss me as much as possible.

I am going to throw so many parties when you're gone.

I love you too, Ante.

I assume they'll be robot themed parties? I wouldn't have it any other way.

ClaecElric4God

Postby armeck » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:26 pm

I do not post much and I mainly just lurk now days and probably will not be posting again, but this site has been here for me during the hardest times of my life, been fun guys :)
armeck

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:15 am

We'll miss you, armeck.

So I'm back! I know, my absence was so complete and absolute. I'm sure I was dreadfully missed, right?
In other words, my schedule didn't change at all in Japan, and my hiatus announcement was pointless.
It's good to be back!

ClaecElric4God

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Hey everybody, so I sort've disappeared on you all again. Sorry. Things were really busy for me during the second half of my semester, but at least now I have some time off. Thought I'd stop by to say hello! :)
mysngoeshere56

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Hey, Sno! 'Nother disappearing act, huh? :lol:
But yeah, it's good to see you again.

ClaecElric4God

Postby John_Smith » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:31 pm

So, I'm back. Or at least, I think. I always do this on forums, randomly showing up and randomly disappearing. I didn't want to do it on this one.... and I did. For now, it looks like you guys have to put up with my posts, but I might vanish again at any time. :sweat: That being said, if any one really wants to talk to me, all you have to do is pm me, which I will receive, even while off in Narnia.
John_Smith

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Welcome back, John! I was wondering where you wandered off to. Nice to see you again.

ClaecElric4God

Previous Next

Return to General