Erg, Me so konfuzed

Talk about anything in here.

Erg, Me so konfuzed

Postby JosephShaydez » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:22 am

Okay, maybe I am over looking something, maybe I am just blind as a bat...... I hear all this talk about "Christian Anime" but I don't see no real Christian anime, just Christians who like secular anime. I will admit, I like some secular anime too, but where is the Christian anime? Only things I knew that was Christian anime was Superbook and that other one and they super old!!! x{ I heard from someone that there is some Christain manga around, but alas, I can't find any othat either. Well, that's about it, thanks guys for everything.

Joooooooooooseph
JosephShaydez

Postby Straylight » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:26 am

There's a fair bit of Christian manga around, an example is Steelblood (check the manga mania forum)

Also check out

http://www.animeangels.net - they promote a number of different christian mangas.

We are called "Christian Anime Alliance" because we are basically Christians who like anime.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:02 am

While this site includes christian manga and anime conversation, it's not specifically designed for that... It's a place for Christians who love anime to come and discuss it, and other things...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby CobaltAngel » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:27 am

Night at the Galactic Railway! It doesn't hit you over the head with bible verses or anything, but it definitly has christian Implications. And the little girl says something about that she wasn't sad that she had to die because they where going to meet their heavenly father. ^_^V
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Michael » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:05 am

There may not be much mainstream christian anime around, however most is made in Japan and there isn't a lot of christians over there supplying it. I don't think it needs to be christian for you to enjoy it, it shouldn't be anti-christian, but I like Lord of the Rings and that's really isn't christian.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Technomancer » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:41 am

To a great extent LOTR is Christian (and more specifically Catholic) in theme, although it is not overtly so. Toliken said as much himself.

On the other hand, "Night of the Milky Way Railway" (I've only read the book, not seen the show) is actully Buddhist in intent. That said, the Kenji Miyazawa had a deep and abiding respect for Christianity. Interestingly, some of his philosophy would also influence the anime series "Earth Maiden Arjuna" (long after his death of course). As CobaltAngel said however, "Night" can certainly be seen in a Christian light, as can many other series that carry strongly moral themes.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Return to General