Oekaki?

Talk about anything in here.

Oekaki?

Postby Jimmothy » Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:57 pm

I know this shows how naive i am about the Japanese lingo but what is Oekaki?
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:29 pm

Well, I'm not exactly sure what the word means, but it's a message board thingy that you uh...draw in. You draw something with it, then post it, then people comment on it. Yeah. >>

I'm an idiot. Bye. ^^;;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Straylight » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:44 pm

I think I heard somewhere that the japanese word oekaki means "draw"
but in our context, oekaki is an online thingy where you draw and posts pictures
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Jimmothy » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:15 pm

OK thanks for the info.:thumb:
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby inkhana » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:57 pm

OK, I have a question! How is the word "oekaki" pronounced? (Wanna sound like I know what I'm talking about... :thumb: )

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Technomancer » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:05 pm

O (as in in "low") e (more or less like -ay in lay or the French accent aigu) ka (as spelt), ki (like key)

so syllabically O-e-ka-ki
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby inkhana » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:57 pm

Ahhhh! Thanks for enlightening me! :thumb:

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Return to General