Veggietales = bankrupt

Talk about anything in here.

Veggietales = bankrupt

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:11 am

Did any of you here about this? Big Ideas (the company that makes veggietales) is basically bankrupt because they were sued for $11 million. Here is the article if you want to read it: http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main_page/0,1703,A%253D153909%2526M%253D50012,00.html

Actually I feel sorry for them :( after reading the article I think they may have been in the right. It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope they stay in business because I like most of the videos (although the newest one Little Joe has the best silly song EVER!)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:16 am

Hmm, that is kinda sad. Well, it will work out to whatever end God wishes. But I hope they don't disappear.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Straylight » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:27 am

Veggietales is a legend.. it will never die.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Razgriz » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:22 am

djnoz wrote:Veggietales is a legend.. it will never die.

Amen to that.
Razgriz

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:42 am

It doesn't look like they are going to go away anytime soon. Most likely they will end up under a new owner and continue producing vids. The question is, what direction will the new owner take them.
Mithrandir

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:00 pm

The great thing about Veggie tales is that it takes very little to make the stuff they make... All it takes is the creative writing for the scripts, the animation is so incredibly small that an episode could be done by one person over a period of a month or less. That being the case, they can make impressive profits and pay off that suit and get thier staff back as long as they brainstorm on great video ideas, since it will cost them so little to make.

Of course, there's other aspects to it besides animation and scriptwriting (music for instance, and overheads) that need to be figured out, but the point is they can recover pretty quickly (maybe a year or so) if they work their tails off and they can get their staff back and restore everything to normal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby majanthehun » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:34 pm

veggie tales going away? i can't imagine that.

i would cry.
Lord, I don't know where this is going,
Or how this all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

-Newsboys "Lord (I don't know)"
majanthehun

Postby EireWolf » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:50 pm

:(

One thing I find slightly comical, in a sad sort of way, is that the people who were suing for 11 million dollars managed to convince a judge that Big Idea just wanted more money. :o
EireWolf

Postby Michael » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:57 pm

Yah! :dance:
Errr...I like the idea...hate the show.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:31 pm

Michael wrote:Yah! :dance:
Errr...I like the idea...hate the show.

Our of curiosity, what is that supposed to mean? Or are you saying you like the premise, but dislike the finished product?

I find this a bit sad as well. We finally have a company that's making quality stuff and it ends up under such heavy financial stress. I hope (and will pray) that everything turns out all right.
uc pseudonym

Postby Michael » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:43 pm

Well, I like the idea of a Christian childrens show staring vegetables, but the actuall show rather annoys me. I don't mind the fact that other people watch and like it. It's just not for me.

My dislike also has to do with the fact that every single time I go anywere to babysit, it's always on.
Michael

Postby MasterDias » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:51 pm

That is a shame.

I've never been a big fan of the show myself although the little I've seen of it was pretty funny.

Sadly, some people and companies will sue for any reason if they think they can get a lot of money and the reasons for doing so aren't always honest.

Eh..not that I'm saying Lyrick Studios is dishonest.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby AzuFan » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:52 pm

MyrrhLynn wrote:(although the newest one Little Joe has the best silly song EVER!)

"And I've got to tell ya something! I ain't got no belly-button!"

Veggietales 4EVA! :rock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AzuFan

Postby Ashley » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:07 pm

I just hope you guys don't pin this on me somehow.
Ash's mind> jury was Texan, I'm texan...*gulp*
Ashley

Postby Michael » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:32 am

<I just hope you guys don't pin this on me somehow.
Ash's mind> jury was Texan, I'm texan...*gulp*>

Burn! *gets slapped* Never mind.
Michael

Postby Rashiir » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:14 am

That's terrible!
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:50 pm

So... Ashley upheld Communism and personally stole all the money from Big Ideas? Right?

Seriously, I barely noticed that it was a Texan jury. It's all just about the same to me. I mean, think about how different things are from one part of a state to another. There's no blame even considered, at least on my part.
uc pseudonym

Postby madphilb » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:38 pm

:( :sniffle: :waah!: :mutter: :bang:

Can't they get an apeal?

Arrghhh! This just toasts me.... Lyric didn't even have a contract according to that article, just a verbal one (since when do they have any weight?!?!?)

Personally I think I'd like to see two things happen.

1) Get enough angry parents to put pressure on Lyric to either have them give up the whole mess or put them out of business (Neve could stand Barney anyway).

2) Get enough people to come up with as much cash as possible to cover the suit (and associated costs) so that Phil and co. don't have to sell Big Idea (the thought of who might buy it bothers me, anyone seen any of the other Christian stuff that's been put out lately, besides FOF that is).

hmmm.... I've got two uncashed paychecks, maybe it's time to get that full set of Veggietales DVDs (as well as the LarryBoy animated series and the complete set of 321 Penguins that are out).... hmmm...

PHIL
madphilb

O.o

Postby Niyana » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:26 am

Man!! I cant believe this! I have only seen some Christmas episodes of Veggietales a couple years ago, but it is awesome for kids and educational. Plus it is a lot more entertaining than some big dinosaur! I read the article and the thing that amazed me was that the judge still went with Lyricks even though they had violated 2 of the clauses that allowed Big Idea to change distrutors, and even then, they never had a written contract! I wish there was a way we could send them a tithe or something, or help fund them. Every day society and some of the people in it dissappoint me more and more. :/
~Niyana
"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether
well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything
through Him who gives me strength."
~ Phillippians 4:12-13

Niyana

Postby Master Kenzo » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:29 am

:waah!: :waah!: I'm going to save up for Little Joe, maybe it'll help them recuperate. Jonah was the best! I can't believe stuff like this gets thrown up in their face.

I say we move this thread to the Prayer Room. They're going to need it.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby MyrrhLynn » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:58 pm

AzuFan wrote:"And I've got to tell ya something! I ain't got no belly-button!"

Veggietales 4EVA! :rock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yay! Someone else has seen it! I love that song it is so similar to a Boy Band Music Video it is scary. :grin:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:52 am

madphilb wrote:Can't they get an apeal?

They could, but who knows if they will. It probably wouldn't do them much good any way.

madphilb wrote:Lyric didn't even have a contract according to that article, just a verbal one

That's still a contract. And there was a written contract in the works, meaning that the verbal contract was binding until such time as the writen contract was completed.

madphilb wrote:hmmm.... I've got two uncashed paychecks, maybe it's time to get that full set of Veggietales DVDs (as well as the LarryBoy animated series and the complete set of 321 Penguins that are out).... hmmm...

If it really burns you, start a grass roots campaign to inspire people to go buy the complete set. Email your friends and tell them to do it. On second thought, I don't wanna have to delete the "Save the Tales" email every 2 days in my in box. :) If you have to start an email campaign, PLEASE do it with BCC.
Mithrandir

Return to General