The History of CAA

Talk about anything in here.

Postby RidleyofZebes » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:59 pm

I'm glad to be a part of this community! It's a wonderful place.
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby MBlight » Wed May 21, 2008 7:19 am

Yay for CAA!!! I'm so glad you guys went through all that trouble!
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:42 pm

How did the others become Mods :) If I may ask ^__^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:42 am

There's no secret formula for becoming a mod. Basically, when the existing staff came to a unanimous conclusion that more help was needed, prayerful consideration was given to certain members nominated by the staff. Generally, we look for those members who are active, respond well in crises or stressful situation, are mature, and/or generally exemplify themselves. It's a very organic process, and through a lot of talking we narrow it down to the ones who are chosen.
Ashley

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:51 am

Ashley (post: 1238071) wrote:It's a very organic process, and through a lot of talking we narrow it down to the ones who are chosen.
And this confirms my theory that the CAA Mods are grown out in a field in the Midwest. Watching the mods billow in the wind like grain is quite a beautiful sight. Seriously, we appreciate everything you guys do here, and I consider myself extremely blessed to be a part of it! What is a typical schedule/tasks that a CAA Mod goes through on a daily basis?
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:32 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:And this confirms my theory that the CAA Mods are grown out in a field in the Midwest. Watching the mods billow in the wind like grain is quite a beautiful sight. Seriously, we appreciate everything you guys do here, and I consider myself extremely blessed to be a part of it! What is a typical schedule/tasks that a CAA Mod goes through on a daily basis?

For me it's pretty straightforward and not much different from when I was a member:
1) Check communication with mods for anything I should know.
2) Read my subscribed threads, moderating as necessary.
3) Skim "New Posts" for anything that looks interesting/problematic/trollish.
4) Generally clean up after the bots - there are three or four every day, but they almost always get caught in the filter.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Ashley (post: 1238071) wrote:There's no secret formula for becoming a mod. Basically, when the existing staff came to a unanimous conclusion that more help was needed, prayerful consideration was given to certain members nominated by the staff. Generally, we look for those members who are active, respond well in crises or stressful situation, are mature, and/or generally exemplify themselves. It's a very organic process, and through a lot of talking we narrow it down to the ones who are chosen.

From what I can see, you've all made wonderful choices ^^ I know this does sound very corny you guys really do do a great job with keeping everything in order around here ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby MangArtist » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:23 am

Thank you guys for making this site! It's helped me a LOT in my walk with the Lord! Not to mention you guy have helped me in my dream of being an artist!

God bless you guys!
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby Paul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:52 am

Well, I have to say that I am also glad that God led me to CAA. Ashley, your vision God gave you have paved a road for alot of people to have place they can call home. thank you for hearing from God and responding to him.

Paul
Paul

Postby Pyro_artist » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:14 pm

Thanks Ashley for the history of CAA, soooo glad you guys made this site, and that there are others with a love of anime.

God Bless!
Pyro_artist

Postby nevia » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:36 am

that's a nice story and this is a nice website :thumbsup:

may CAA be a blessing for others like it is for me ^^
[color="Gray"]Seven days without prayer makes one 'weak' :)[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example for the believers in your speech, your conduct, your love, faith, and purity.
- 1 Tim 4:12[/color]

[color="Plum"]True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable. ~Dave Tyson Gentry[/color]
nevia

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Its kind of a touching story, that gives me warm fuzzies inside.

But, no, seriously. I really like that story, Ashley. I'm glad you stuck with it and worked so hard! It must be nice to have such close people working along side of you! :)
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Wind » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:33 am

thank u all for being so dedicated and putting up with me when I haven't been quite soooo wonderful. Thank you for dealing with my human nature with good natured humor and laughs. You guys have really blessed my life for the last four years

[SIZE="7"][color="Yellow"]T[/color][color="DarkOrange"]H[/color][color="Magenta"]A[/color][color="SeaGreen"]N[/color][color="RoyalBlue"]K[/color] [color="DarkOrchid"]Y[/color][color="DarkSlateGray"]O[/color][color="Yellow"]U[/color] [color="DarkOrange"]A[/color][color="Magenta"]S[/color][color="Red"]H[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]A[/color][color="RoyalBlue"]N[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]D[/color] [color="DimGray"]A[/color][color="Yellow"]L[/color][color="DarkOrange"]L[/color] [color="Magenta"]T[/color][color="Red"]H[/color][color="SeaGreen"]E[/color] [color="RoyalBlue"]M[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]O[/color][color="DimGray"]D[/color][color="Yellow"]S[/color] [color="DarkOrange"]A[/color][color="Magenta"]N[/color][color="Red"]D[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]A[/color][color="RoyalBlue"]D[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]M[/color][color="DimGray"]I[/color][color="Yellow"]N[/color][color="DarkOrange"]S[/color][/SIZE][SIZE="7"][color="Magenta"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="SeaGreen"]![/color][color="RoyalBlue"]![/color][color="DarkOrchid"]![/color][/SIZE]
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby thisiskris89 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:02 pm

my heart feels so happy because of this forum!*eyes tear up*
thisiskris89

Postby airichan623 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:10 pm

So... did the writer of The Ultimate Guide to Manga contact the admins in 2007 so they could mention you guys in the "Christianity" subsection of the overview of "Occult and Religion" in manga. Just curious... i was ecstatic when i saw the CAA referenced in that book.

but anyway, thank you, ashley, for creating a network for those who try to shine a light in the dark places of anime & manga. (wow that sounded really deep).

Arigato, sensei.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby airichan623 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:36 am

.....and we also got endorsed on Plugged in Online!

airichan623

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:06 pm

that wasn't really an endorsement, it was more like a "anime is evil and should be avoided at all costs because it's not Christian." And we were thrown in with that "evil" tag, even though this is a Christian site. Ironic, no?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby airichan623 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:21 pm

rocklobster (post: 1364479) wrote:that wasn't really an endorsement, it was more like a "anime is evil and should be avoided at all costs because it's not Christian." And we were thrown in with that "evil" tag, even though this is a Christian site. Ironic, no?

well i sorta disagree. while i agree they were wrong to peg all anime as "evil" b/c of the worse series, :stressed: they didn't call the CAA evil] It’s not unusual to find teens in church hallways chattering more excitedly over each other’s artwork than about what happened in youth group. In response to that interest, Christian alternatives have begun appearing. Christian Anime Alliance (christiananime.net) and animeangels.net offer online analysis and commentary from a biblical perspective. [/QUOTE]

airichan623

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:08 pm

airichan623 (post: 1346212) wrote:So... did the writer of The Ultimate Guide to Manga contact the admins in 2007 so they could mention you guys in the "Christianity" subsection of the overview of "Occult and Religion" in manga. Just curious... i was ecstatic when i saw the CAA referenced in that book.

but anyway, thank you, ashley, for creating a network for those who try to shine a light in the dark places of anime & manga. (wow that sounded really deep).

Arigato, sensei.

We don't usually get contacted, so it's nice when people post updates such as this and let us know.

In looking through this thread, however, I've discovered that a new update is in order soon. Given that Ash has passed the site on to me, I guess that makes it my job, eh?

In mid 2009 Ashley got married and started a new chapter of her life. In October of that year, she asked me to take over her "shepherdess" role, except as, you know, a dude. After a week of prayerful consideration, I felt that this was something God was encouraging me to accept.

Throughout the intervening time, some moderators moved on to other activities and we added additional staff to help keep the site running smoothly.

As of this writing (in early 2010), the moderation team consists of (in alphabetical order) Cap'n Nick, goldenspines, LadyRushia, Link Antilles, Mithrandir, Radical Dreamer, shooraijin, Tsukuyomi, and uc pseudonym.

See you all around the board!

- Mith
Mithrandir

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:42 am

Oh and now Midori is a mod! The staff grows!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lynna » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 am

I just want to stop by and Thank Ashley, Mith, and all the mods for working hard to make CAA the amazing place it is today!!
[SIZE="7"][color="Red"]Y[/color][color="Orange"]O[/color][color="Yellow"]U[/color] [color="YellowGreen"]P[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"]E[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]O[/color][color="Plum"]P[/color][color="Pink"]L[/color][color="Wheat"]E[/color] [color="LemonChiffon"]A[/color][color="PaleGreen"]R[/color][color="PaleTurquoise"]E[/color] [color="LightBlue"]A[/color][color="Plum"]W[/color][color="Magenta"]E[/color][color="Cyan"]S[/color][color="Lime"]O[/color][color="Blue"]M[/color][color="SeaGreen"]E[/color] [color="DarkOrange"]K[/color][color="SandyBrown"]E[/color][color="Yellow"]E[/color][color="Yellow"]P[/color] [color="Red"]U[/color][color="Orange"]P[/color] [color="Yellow"]T[/color][color="Lime"]H[/color][color="Cyan"]E[/color] [color="DeepSkyBlue"]G[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]O[/color][color="SandyBrown"]O[/color][color="YellowGreen"]D[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]W[/color][color="MediumTurquoise"]O[/color][color="Pink"]R[/color][color="PaleGreen"]K[/color]!!![/SIZE]
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Re: The History of CAA

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:40 am

Translation: YOU PEOPLE ARE AWESOME, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 am

^lol. I know we're gravedigging this, and I apologize if it's obnoxious, but it is stickied. So I'm gonna put my two cents in and hope it's okay.
Thank you so much, especially Ashley, who made this place happen and worked so hard to make it a perfect place. She is such a blessing, and I can't thank her enough. Hopefully she'll get a chance to read this sooner or later. ;)
Thank you also to Mith, who has kept this place up and running, and Goldy, Mech, shoorajin, and ucpseudonym - our currently overseeing mods - for keeping everything ship shape and amazing. You guys are so amazing and appreciated.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:07 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:^lol. I know we're gravedigging this, and I apologize if it's obnoxious, but it is stickied. So I'm gonna put my two cents in and hope it's okay.
Thank you so much, especially Ashley, who made this place happen and worked so hard to make it a perfect place. She is such a blessing, and I can't thank her enough. Hopefully she'll get a chance to read this sooner or later. ;)
Thank you also to Mith, who has kept this place up and running, and Goldy, Mech, shoorajin, and ucpseudonym - our currently overseeing mods - for keeping everything ship shape and amazing. You guys are so amazing and appreciated.

^^ seconded.
Wolfsong

Previous

Return to General