Those Personality Quizzes...

Talk about anything in here.

Those Personality Quizzes...

Postby Negotiatrix » Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:02 pm

Ever wonder about yourself after doing one of those?? :dizzy: I came across the Trigun one a couple weeks back, before I had ever watched the show. I went ahead and did it (loved the waterpark theme!) and wound up with Wolfwood. Hmmm... I think. So I start staying up to watch the show and it turns out it's near the end of the series, so lots of serious stuff going on and anyway, I really get to like this guy and then.... Well, I guess I shouldn't be putting in a spoiler.

But then I get to thinking, why did I match up w/the drinking, smoking, large-cross-gun thingy toting guy? That's just WIERD! And then, I remembered that the Big O quiz gave me Norman. Who has a big gun. Now I like to think of myself that the nice little quiet church lady, cookie-baking-mom type! Hubby thinks the quizzes are right on the money, but for some reason he says that while darting out of the room real fast... :lol:
Negotiatrix

Postby andyroo » Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:09 pm

Yeah, I wonder about those too. Those are pretty fun though. But I think that I will stick to the Myers-Briggs personality test. ;)
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Saint » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:11 pm

Blah to the tests. i find them for the most part to be purely for entertainment. (maybe hints at who you are at most).
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Spiritsword » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:32 pm

Yup. They're all in fun--I wouldn't take them too seriously. Then there's the MMPI.
Spiritsword

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:46 pm

I don't do many of these, just because I'm generally too busy to. All they can do is say something about your personality- though the results will be majorly colored by the quiz creator's opinions.

On a random note, quite a few years ago I took some DBZ quizzes. The top person varied, but I had Hercule at the very bottom every time.
uc pseudonym

Postby MillyFan » Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:26 pm

Can someone post some of these? The Trigun waterpark one went down and I'd like some others.

Specifically, if you know any for Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, or Big O, post them please. -^.^-

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Spiritsword » Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:41 pm

Okay, the best place I've found for personality selectors is http://www.selectsmart.com
Go to the anime category. They have a couple pages worth of anime selectors, including a couple Trigun and a bunch of Bebop. Have fun!
As I posted the link, I wanted to add that you should use caution while on the site--they have other varietes of selectors and some may not be appropriate.

Spiritsword
Spiritsword

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:58 pm

Spiritsword wrote:Okay, the best place I've found for personality selectors is http://www.selectsmart.com
Go to the anime category. They have a couple pages worth of anime selectors, including a couple Trigun and a bunch of Bebop. Have fun!
As I posted the link, I wanted to add that you should use caution while on the site--they have other varietes of selectors and some may not be appropriate.

Spiritsword

Yeah, that's a good site. If I'm bored I usually go there. They also have some interesting Video game personality tests. :lol:

For me, personality tests = quick entertainment
Link Antilles

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:03 pm

> I make a point never to answer these tests truthfully.
[...]
> And apparently, I'm only 16% gay.

*ponders very, very deeply* :grin:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby MillyFan » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:18 am

Oh yeah, you did. . .~.^

~.~

MillyFan

Postby Negotiatrix » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:08 pm

That selectsmart site is neat. I enjoyed blowing about an hour trying to manipulate various tests to get the character/result I wanted while avoiding doing dishes!
Negotiatrix

Postby inkhana » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:21 pm

I was on selectsmart last night. He he, that was fun. FFIV, Chrono Trigger, Kenshin and Ocarina of Time tests...you'd think I didn't have something better to do...:P

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Rashiir » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:39 pm

I took that denomination test and it turns out I'm an Orthodox Quaker!!!! How awesome is that?
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby MillyFan » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:43 am

LOL, that IS funny! :grin: Guess you'd better change your banner and all, j/k ~.^

MillyFan

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:29 am

uc pseudonym wrote:I don't do many of these, just because I'm generally too busy to.

LOL

Does it phase you that you say this while you have just under 1000 posts?!?
Mithrandir

Postby Technomancer » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:11 am

I tried the denomination test thing. One of them doesn't allow 'Catholic' as an answer (feh!) and told me I was Lutheran/Anglican. The other one said I was Orthodox/Catholic. I wonder what the reasoning was.

I tried the Middle Earth race selector and it said I was Elf/Ent.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:13 pm

oldphilosopher wrote:Does it phase you that you say this while you have just under 1000 posts?!?

No.

Seriously, it doesn't bother me a bit. I consider time spent with you people time spent productively. I could learn something new, provide help to someone else, work on a project that could concievably be used as an outreach tool. When I say that I'm busy, I mean I've filled my time with things I wish to do. CAA is one of them. Personality tests, on the other hands, will be amusing for a few seconds and otherwise worthless.
uc pseudonym

Postby Rashiir » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:48 pm

Not for me. I'm gonna start going to Quaker Church now!
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Return to General