Need help with Kazaa

Talk about anything in here.

Need help with Kazaa

Postby Kirika » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:44 pm

I downloaded the Wolf's rain fansubs back when I was at my father's house (please I don't want to start a debate on fansubs) since he has very little space on his hard drive, I had to delete them :( ...
Now I'm back home and we just got high speed internet, so I wanted to download them here... but I don't know why, when I try, they're always either "Remotely Queued" or "More sources needed" and I mean ALWAYS, but it was fine back at my dad's.
It's been a week now and I only got 3 episodes that finished downloading :(
Now I'm really getting mad at my poor machine :comp: :bang: :mutter: :bang: :comp: :rant:
see, I'm mad
If someone knows a way that I could fix this
PLEASEEEE let me know :?:
Kirika

Postby Anison Twilight » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:57 pm

You just need to wait.
Remotely Queued means you've been put on a waiting list.
More sources needed means they can't find other people with that file.
You could try just canceling the download then resuming it a whole bunch a times. other than that you'll just have to leave it running for a while.

PS: High speed has little to do with downloading on KaZaA. Believe me I've been there.
I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
-Job 30:29
Anison Twilight

Postby Kirika » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:03 pm

But when you got 23 downloads that don't work at the same time, isn't it kinda odd?
And it's only here that it doesn't work..
Oh yeah and I tried to download other fansubs as well and they still don't work....
Kirika

Postby Anison Twilight » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:12 pm

You have a waiting list too. If you try to download too many things at once some will be put on hold until space is freed up. Also, you will start to download slower as you download more stuff. So keep that in mind.
Anison Twilight

Postby Kirika » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:21 pm

I know that, those who don't work, I put them in pause for a while and try other ones, when those ones don't work, I put them in pause and start the other.....
Kirika

Postby Anison Twilight » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:25 pm

All I can say is leave it alone for awhile like maybe two days or so.
Anison Twilight

Postby Kirika » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:32 pm

Do you know any other program that's better than Kazaa where I could download them and other as well??
Kirika

Postby MyrrhLynn » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:38 pm

Kirika wrote:And it's only here that it doesn't work..

Oh no believe me it isn't only by you. :shady: Stupid Kazaa I was ready to break it in half the other day. I kept getting all the "more sources needed" messages too, and WOW! is it annoying. It's really too bad people don't zip up some of the larger files so it didn't take that long to download them. I never did get any of the stuff I wanted but I did get 2 music videos that I didn't want in the first place. :rolls_eye

So yeah I guess just wait for it. Maybe you got some super connection or the file wasn't being requested as much when you were at your father's house.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Anison Twilight » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:49 pm

Also, KaZaA is a trojan horse program. If I were you get what you want and get OUT! Try WinMX I'm not sure it downloads videos though. Try it before you get rid of KaZaA. There is also old Morpheus it is worse than KaZaA in a lot of ways, but may have what you're looking for.
Anison Twilight

Postby Straylight » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:58 pm

The official Kazaa is terrible. Get Kazaa Lite, it has all the nasty stuff removed:

http://www.kazaa-lite.tk
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:24 pm

You can DL some videos on WinMX, I've done it before <.< >.> Japanese music vids...

Anyways, WinMX is nicer than Kazaa once you get the hang of the interface. I got it after I got freakin' sick of Kazaa Lite ('cause none of my DLs would finish either...).

I dunno why no DLs will finish...I mean, it happened to me ALL the time. (And this was before they announced they were gonna start handing out subpeonas(sp?)...x.x) That and Kazaa sucks if you're trying to find J-rock other than X Japan, Glay, or L'arc-en-ciel... ><
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Spencer » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:44 pm

Kazaa Lite works decent for me, I mean, I got the Trigun series all okay. But it took awhile...But since they've been bustin people for connecting, I've been leaving my Kazaa Lite alone. Don't wanna get busted. :P
:)
Spencer

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:50 pm

List of the P2Ps:
1. Grokster
2. Morpheus
3. KaZaA
4. Aimster/Madster
5. Gnutella
6. Gnucleus
7. Gnotella
8. LimeWire
9. BearShare
10. iMesh
11. WinMX

I have no clue about any of these, even Kazaa and I don't recommend 'em either. Watch out for the RIAA. I heard they're really ticked.
Yeah also, I've heard some nasty viruses hang out on those P2P sites.
Link Antilles

Postby inkhana » Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:41 pm

Dunno if I ought to mention this or not, but there's an app called Bittorrent that's pretty good for getting fansubs. But you have to find a site that's offering the torrent files and have someone to "seed" them. Just to keep us out of trouble, I won't tell you where to find Bittorrent or seed sites, but I'm sure you can find them on your own. ^^

BTW, I don't know if Bittorrent is spyware or not, but I have heard it is not. Haven't verified that though.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Kirika » Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:06 pm

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! I downloaded Kazaa-Lite and it works....well most of them XD Thanks a lot everyone!!!
Kirika

eh????????

Postby Niyana » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:28 am

I am just curious about this.....but isnt downloading anything that you dont already own like stealing?? The only things I have ever downloaded on Kazaa were anime shows that I already paid for on Cable but were never able to see cause they werent on when I was up. Other than that, I think its like stealing. :/ Just made me sad that no one pointed that out yet.
~Niyana
"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether
well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything
through Him who gives me strength."
~ Phillippians 4:12-13

Niyana

Postby inkhana » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:26 am

Oh yes, don't worry, this has been pointed out in the past, in previous topics...^^ And yes, it would be stealing.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby DuelShocker3 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:30 pm

Isn't Kazaa-Lite great? I used to use the regular Kazaa but I was sick of all the pop-ups so I changed it. :)
DuelShocker3

Postby HeavensTek » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:46 pm

yeah, i use Kazaa-lite as well.....way better program. I saw that someone mentioned using bittorrents, if you can figure out how to get that working, that would be a way safer and quicker way to get fresh fansubs......check AJ for info on IRC....i think they have a tutorial....
HeavensTek

Postby MasterDias » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:54 pm

I assume you guys have broadband,cable, or whatever type of modems. I only have 56k. :shady: Kazaa would likely be absurdly slow on my computer.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Return to General