My complaints

Talk about anything in here.

My complaints

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:28 am

What you're tired of:
The economics of false advertising.

Reason:
I'm getting very put out with so-called "Fancy Ketsup," "Tall" (meaning small) coffee and "Name Brand Water." What is "Fancy Ketsup?" It's just KETSUP! Do they make it from fancy tomatoes, pureed in fancy blenders made by fancy slave labor in a fancy 3rd world country?!? And who thought it was a good idea to sell coffee in sizes that people can't pronounce? Next thing you know they'll be sellin that weasel-processed (I'm not making this up!) coffee ("I'd like a non-fat weasel-chino, please - no room.") And this name brand water? Who came up with that? I'm convinced that it isn't simply coincidence that evian spelled backwords is Naive!

Extra:
Nothing. Oh wait, please don't flame me either!

NOTE: I tried to post this to the appropriate thread, but SOMEONE closed it on me. :)
Mithrandir

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:43 am

oldphilosopher wrote:
NOTE: I tried to post this to the appropriate thread, but SOMEONE closed it on me. :)

Yup, she did. Did you see my reasons for it, though?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:59 am

I know. That what the smiley was there for. I was concidering posting to over in goof-off, but didn't think anyone would get it. Sorry if I tweaked a nose; it was most deffinately not my intention!
Mithrandir

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:08 am

(laughs) Oh, not at all, don't worry about it. I know it doesn't come across very well through typeface, but I've a very relaxed person (granted, a very sarcastic relaxed person - but relaxed nonetheless). So people generally have to go way out of their way to upset me. .... unless their name is Steve and then I'll go out of my way to upset him *wink*.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Ashley » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:09 am

*cough or Ashley cough* Then you'll go out of your way to play off her naivete.
Ashley

Postby MyrrhLynn » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:06 am

Gypsy wrote:(laughs) but I've a very relaxed person (granted, a very sarcastic relaxed person - but relaxed nonetheless).

He, He. I am the same way. At least on the Internet I am. ;)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:57 am

Ashley wrote:*cough or Ashley cough* Then you'll go out of your way to play off her naivete.

What?! I would never take advantage of a trusting person!
Gypsy

Postby Retten » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:32 pm

wow i never actually thought of those as false advertising thanks for enlightening me oldphilosopher :thumb:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby inkhana » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:29 pm

Euw, yeah, I heard about the weasel thing...heh, I wonder who thought THAT up...

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby weisskreuz/chic » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:02 pm

I don't think ppl would want to buy coffee with the weasel part of the name. I wouldn't!
weisskreuz/chic

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:24 am

You might think it's odd, but there really is a "high-class" market for coffee make from beans that are, uh, processed by an animal that is part of the weasel family. This idea was first tested in Vietnam. I can just see the excitement on the ranchers face. "Look, the beans!" I mean I have some friends who have a newborn that get excited over that, but... Come on. They claim that it changes the flavor quite a bit. I'll bet. For those of you who want to know more about vietnam and coffee, check out this link. http://www.ineedcoffee.com/02/04/vietnam/ If you want more info on weasel coffee, try typing in 'weasel coffee' into google to see what shows up. I'm not posting any direct links.
Mithrandir

Postby EireWolf » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:54 pm

weisskreuz/chic wrote:I don't think ppl would want to buy coffee with the weasel part of the name. I wouldn't!

Yeah, me either. That's rather disturbing. But at least it isn't false advertising!

*deftly sews this thread back onto the topic* :grin:
EireWolf

Return to General