Still not feeling accepted around others...

Talk about anything in here.

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:38 pm

dothackzero wrote:Besides, a world with girls just a huge sausage fest. >_< And nobody want's to see that.

Was this considered bad because of the typeos I made. Reading it as is, I think I can get good idea on why you guys are mad. I meant to say a world withOUT girl is... You get the point.

goldenspines (post: 1597673) wrote:(then you made an anti-gay joke later) Speaking your mind?

Actually I was just trying to prove a point that God made woman after he made Adam, and not another man after Adam. And I just happened to call him steve after that one joke.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 pm

The point was it was rude and uncalled for. Get that through your head.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Okay, I get it.

K. Ayato (post: 1597695) wrote:Are you serious? Is God and the Bible just a routine to get through the day and that's it? No wonder you're miserable. There's no relationship between you and Him if all you do is go "Okay, read a chapter in the Bible and prayed for 10 minutes, now I'm done".

Let me put it this way, I listen to Joseph Prince and Paul White(Another grace preacher). Do you really think that I'd be the religious law type of person when it comes to God?
dothackzero

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:54 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597701) wrote:Was this considered bad because of the typeos I made. Reading it as is, I think I can get good idea on why you guys are mad. I meant to say a world withOUT girl is... You get the point.

No. Everyone understood it the first time. It's considered bad because it's a sexist joke. Protip: If you're trying to get in close relationships with women, don't make remarks that would offend them. The fact that you're doing it now and are trying to explain it away says a lot about you, none of it good.

dothackzero wrote:Let me put it this way, I listen to Joseph Prince and Paul White(Another grace preacher). Do you really think that I'd be the religious law type of person when it comes to God?

It sounds to me like you're trying to satisfy God with what you consider to be the bare minimum, just to get Him out of your hair and so you can say you're close to Him. Worse still, it comes across to me that you're doing it not out of love for God, but just so that He'll cave to your demands and give you the Girl Of Your Dreams because you're saying the right words and doing the right things, and God has to respond to that. That's not Christianity, that's spell casting.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1597705) wrote:It sounds to me like you're trying to satisfy God with what you consider to be the bare minimum, just to get Him out of your hair and so you can say you're close to Him. Worse still, it comes across to me that you're doing it not out of love for God, but just so that He'll cave to your demands and give you the Girl Of Your Dreams because you're saying the right words and doing the right things, and God has to respond to that. That's not Christianity, that's spell casting.

If that's all that your seeing from my faith of God, then your really guys really don't understand me. Course, I'm not actually the best at explaining things either which really doesn't help.

Seriously, don't cross this line. I really started to get annoyed when people start questioning my relationship with God is not but what I can get out of it.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Bottom line: God ain't a genie. So stop treating Him like he should be.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1597707) wrote:Bottom line: God ain't a genie. So stop treating Him like he should be.

Look, I know my reasons for chasing after God aren't perfect, but then again nobody's reason for chasing after him are totally pure. Though some are probably better at hiding that fact from other people. Still, I do have the desire to know God better, and have better fellowship with him.

Really, if I was the type only chasing God down for what I could get out of it, I'd have given on up on him by now.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:30 pm

And yet you're not willing to accept the (highly possible) fact that He's choosing NOT to give you what you want.

K. Ayato

Postby DaughterOfZion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597706) wrote:If that's all that your seeing from my faith of God, then your really guys really don't understand me. Course, I'm not actually the best at explaining things either which really doesn't help.

Seriously, don't cross this line. I really started to get annoyed when people start questioning my relationship with God is not but what I can get out of it.

You asked US for advice. Don't run around crying because we aren't all yes men here to make you happy.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 pm

DaughterOfZion (post: 1597712) wrote:You asked US for advice. Don't run around crying because we aren't all yes men here to make you happy.

That's the point. I asked for advice, not to get insulted or have my faith in God questioned.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 pm

It's highly probable that the reason you get annoyed when someone questions your relationship with God is because we're hitting close to the truth. And you're too stubborn to admit it.

And for your information, there's no way you can ask for advice on a Christian forum and not have the topic of your relationship with Christ get brought up sooner or later.

K. Ayato

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597714) wrote:That's the point. I asked for advice, not to get insulted or have my faith in God questioned.

Quite often real advice requires going into places that one doesn't want to and causing one to question things about themselves they thought didn't need to be questioned. As far as the insults go, you're only getting back what you're dishing out to others.
Xeno

Postby goldenspines » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597701) wrote:Was this considered bad because of the typeos I made. Reading it as is, I think I can get good idea on why you guys are mad. I meant to say a world withOUT girl is... You get the point.

Actually I was just trying to prove a point that God made woman after he made Adam, and not another man after Adam. And I just happened to call him steve after that one joke.

I did understand your point before and no, typoes were not an issue in regards to the official warning I gave you. (though, you should work on typing in correct grammar all the time) I apologize that I was not clear enough earlier.

The issue was that the comments you made were extremely inappropriate for any situation; CAA is no exception. While I do understand you were trying to get a point across, you did it in entirely the wrong way. Basically, you just insulted every female on CAA with your comments; and some men as well by saying "it's what every guy was thinking." (if you still can't understand that, PM me). Regardless of your own personal beliefs, showing your sexism openly is not respectful and thus not appropriate on CAA.
goldenspines

Postby Furen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:59 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1597715) wrote:And for your information, there's no way you can ask for advice on a Christian forum and not have the topic of your relationship with Christ get brought up sooner or later.

I'd say this is as right as it gets.

Also, Atria made a good point (something I kind of alluded to) just get yourself busy, if you're always busy, it'll occupy your mind less, and then you'll just accept it and be okay with it. Biblical reading is always great, trying to aspire to the man God would want you to be.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:59 pm

goldenspines (post: 1597727) wrote:Basically, you just insulted every female on CAA with your comments]

Okay, now I get it what's up. Still don't completely get how exactly it's sexist, since I didn't mean it that way. But still, I'm sorry.

Furen (post: 1597729) wrote:I'd say this is as right as it gets.

Also, Atria made a good point (something I kind of alluded to) just get yourself busy, if you're always busy, it'll occupy your mind less, and then you'll just accept it and be okay with it. Biblical reading is always great, trying to aspire to the man God would want you to be.

I usually do keep myself busy, but I don't exactly have lot money right now. Actually, I'm usually just listen to preaching while playing to video games or doing homework or something. Probably not something I could explain without making it look like my own works, or I'm just doing it please God.
dothackzero

Postby DaughterOfZion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm

The problems is what you intend makes no difference to how someone perceives what you're saying. This is why you have to think about what you say before you say it. The distracted motorist didn't intend to run over and kill that guy but he did anyways. That doesn't nullify his actions or keep him from being responsible for what he did.

Intention does not make perception or reality.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 pm

DaughterOfZion (post: 1597733) wrote:The problems is what you intend makes no difference to how someone perceives what you're saying. This is why you have to think about what you say before you say it. The distracted motorist didn't intend to run over and kill that guy but he did anyways. That doesn't nullify his actions or keep him from being responsible for what he did.

Intention does not make perception or reality.

I know I can't undo the damage, but I can atleast tell you what I was thinking, or atleast what I was trying to say.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:16 pm

When you have to explain a post that's already been made, it's too late.

K. Ayato

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 pm

The problem is that after you do that, you then either put the car in reverse and run over the pedestrian again or you hit another one after you set off again. You need to develop a filter for what you say.
Xeno

Postby Furen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597730) wrote:Okay, now I get it what's up. Still don't completely get how exactly it's sexist, since I didn't mean it that way. But still, I'm sorry.

I usually do keep myself busy, but I don't exactly have lot money right now. Actually, I'm usually just listen to preaching while playing to video games or doing homework or something. Probably not something I could explain without making it look like my own works, or I'm just doing it please God.

Those work, but also like... volunteering is a great way to do stuff too. Also I find it great when you get a close friend you can see frequently, they tend to lift you up and make you feel good about yourself, which tends to make you not think about girls for at least a few moments.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby tronethiel7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Listening to sermons is a great idea, but you really do need to actually study and seek application in the bible yourself, there's only so much you can get through the medium of preaching itself. God desires you seek him in a more personal way than that, then what someone else is saying about him. Not just reading but meditation and soul-searching! And if we are questioning your walk, it's not for the purpose of offending you, it is for accountability which we are called as your brothers to do. Take joy that there are some people who care and are investing in you! There are people on this thread showing real compassion and concern for you. That's pretty awesome, this sharing and conversation about truth is a good example of real fellowship, since you've brought it up yourself.
" And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.â€
tronethiel7

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:20 pm

I've noticed something. Not once have you ever sincerely acknowledged a mistake (and by that I mean without justifying your actions) nor have you ever shown any hints of being grateful. Whether that's for your salvation, the fact that you're alive, or even that there are people here on this forum that care enough about what you're (not) doing to point out flaws, even risking making you mad.

If you can't feel genuine remorse or gratitude, heaven help you.

K. Ayato

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 pm

What do you do when you find yourself in a hole?

Stop digging.

Your half-butt excuses and apologies for your behavior aren't holding water. Which comes across as more sincere, simply saying "I'm sorry," or "Hey, I don't know why I have to say this, but sorry anyway, I guess?" I can't judge your intent over the Internet, and your explanations are only obscuring the matter. If you're not good at explanations, you don't have to do them. Just apologize (and only apologize), drop the matter, move on and try not go there again.

Speaking of not being able to judge intent, I can't judge your relationship with God except from what you post either, and what I see is a relationship that's got some serious issues. Just sayin'.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby tronethiel7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1597740) wrote:I've noticed something. Not once have you ever sincerely acknowledged a mistake (and by that I mean without justifying your actions) nor have you ever shown any hints of being grateful. Whether that's for your salvation, the fact that you're alive, or even that there are people here on this forum that care enough about what you're (not) doing to point out flaws, even risking making you mad.

If you can't feel genuine remorse or gratitude, heaven help you.

Amen.
" And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.â€
tronethiel7

Postby Tarnish » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:27 pm

I'm sorry, dude, all the girls in the world just called me up and told me that none of them want to date you until you grow up and develop a healthy attitude about women, religion, conversation and general platonic relationships.

But at least this will give you time to work on that!
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:43 pm

tronethiel7 (post: 1597739) wrote:Listening to sermons is a great idea, but you really do need to actually study and seek application in the bible yourself, there's only so much you can get through the medium of preaching itself. God desires you seek him in a more personal way than that, then what someone else is saying about him. Not just reading but meditation and soul-searching! And if we are questioning your walk, it's not for the purpose of offending you, it is for accountability which we are called as your brothers to do. Take joy that there are some people who care and are investing in you! There are people on this thread showing real compassion and concern for you. That's pretty awesome, this sharing and conversation about truth is a good example of real fellowship, since you've brought it up yourself.

Yeah, listening to sermons are usually my main way of growth. Then it just tends to get drivin in deeper by just thinking about what I've heard and just thinking about the things of God when I have free time. I do have a relationship with God, though I just don't always display it the way that most people do.

Davidizer13 (post: 1597742) wrote:If you're not good at explanations, you don't have to do them. Just apologize (and only apologize), drop the matter, move on and try not go there again.

Fine, then I'm sorry.
dothackzero

Postby Furen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597748) wrote:Yeah, listening to sermons are usually my main way of growth. Then it just tends to get drivin in deeper by just thinking about what I've heard and just thinking about the things of God when I have free time. I do have a relationship with God, though I just don't always display it the way that most people do.

Though Sermons are wonderful things, self bible study, or small group study is also very helpful, it follows a topic, pick a book that would help your situation. For example, Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Chronicles and Song of Solomon wouldn't really be good books to read by yourself. John and the letters written to the young churches (like Thessalonian) would be great books to study on your own
Furen

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Furen (post: 1597751) wrote:Though Sermons are wonderful things, self bible study, or small group study is also very helpful

When I study the by myself it's usually something I force my self to do, so I tend not to get much out of it. Bible studys are pretty fun, but it's been a while since I've been able to find a good one.
dothackzero

Postby goldenspines » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597748) wrote:Yeah, listening to sermons are usually my main way of growth. Then it just tends to get drivin in deeper by just thinking about what I've heard and just thinking about the things of God when I have free time. I do have a relationship with God, though I just don't always display it the way that most people do.
Back to actually giving advice, I personally don't think there's a "way" for people to show their relationship with God. It's fairly individual for each person.
Now, obviously we can't really gauge what your relationship with God is like (nor is it any of our business how "spiritual" you are), but what we can tell is your personality and attitude towards God in your posts thus far.
Hence, I keep telling as many people as I can, be careful what you type. Text based communication is the easiest to misunderstand. If you claim we are misunderstanding you, then find a way to make it clearer (and if you're explanations are misunderstood as well, I recommend taking a communications course). Re-read your post several times before you post it and see how many different ways it can be interpreted.
The odds of being understood are not in your favor if mostly everyone "misunderstands" you the same way, though.

dothackzero (post: 1597753) wrote:When I study the by myself it's usually something I force my self to do, so I tend not to get much out of it. Bible studys are pretty fun, but it's been a while since I've been able to find a good one.
Most likely, you don't get much out of it because you're forcing yourself to do it. Christianity is not a "forced" relationship with God. If it was, we would be "forced" to be perfect.
Finding a way to enjoy spending time with God and building that relationship is up to you. But as long as you treat it as a chore, you might not get very far. :\
goldenspines

Postby dothackzero » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am

goldenspines (post: 1597777) wrote:(and if you're explanations are misunderstood as well, I recommend taking a communications course).

Actually, I'm taking another english class next semester.

goldenspines (post: 1597777) wrote: Most likely, you don't get much out of it because you're forcing yourself to do it. Christianity is not a "forced" relationship with God. If it was, we would be "forced" to be perfect.
Finding a way to enjoy spending time with God and building that relationship is up to you. But as long as you treat it as a chore, you might not get very far. :\

I know, I don't get much out of it. That's why I usually tend to goto sermons, just talking to him, thinking about him and things about him, and there's the new one for me(fresh revalation ^_^) Just acknologing the fact the he's in me(Holy Spirt). I've got a feeling that just knowing the fact that the Holy Spirit is within me is gonna end up becoming an important revalation for me. Btw, I did know he was in me before, but it's just now that the fact I know that is no more real to me.

But yeah, trying to communicate your relationship with God is hard to do in text without sounding fake. But that just might be my commincation skills.
dothackzero

Previous Next

Return to General