Still not feeling accepted around others...

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Furen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:17 am

Telling him to get a hair cut isn't really helping the situation K Ayato

Again, if you don't focus on this, it'll not be a problem, and you will eventually find that thing you're looking for.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:09 am

Furen (post: 1597618) wrote:Telling him to get a hair cut isn't really helping the situation K Ayato

He did ask for that kind of advice, Furen. Note:

dothackzero (post: 1597549) wrote:Though I am still curious what the other girls here think of what I look like.
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby armeck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 am

so my phone totally glitched out and didn't display the most rcent posts making this one totally irrelevant. so please excuse my accidental mishap here.
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:11 pm

tronethiel7 (post: 1597544) wrote:Well, I wouldn't expect you to agree with everything I'm saying, but we do have something in common. I'm "a"theist and you're atheist. Let's be friends "xeno" what I mean?

I agreed with xeno mostly as well, and I'm not an atheist.

To be quite frank, ignoring one's own mental health and just delving into the Bible can be a recipe for disaster.

You can't love others until you have love for yourself. You have to build up your spiritual knowledge and your own self image.
Spiritually is hugely important certainly, but you can't neglect yourself completely.
Yamamaya

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1597628) wrote:To be quite frank, ignoring one's own mental health and just delving into the Bible can be a recipe for disaster.

Well, you never really can get too much of Jesus, but spending 24/7 in the Bible and listening to preachers isn't exactly realistic either. So yeah, there are still social needs that good for mental health, that the Bible in it's can't provide for you. But though Jesus, he can work on you so are about to get those friends for the social needs, and he'll help bring them along your path.

But yeah, even when we had perfect fellowship with God. God still said that we need woman.

Besides, a world with girls just a huge sausage fest. >_< And nobody want's to see that.
dothackzero

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597630) wrote:But yeah, even when we had perfect fellowship with God. God still said that we need woman.

Excuse me? Where did he say that? And the verse saying that "it isn't good that man should be alone" isn't acceptable in this case. That verse doesn't qualify as men needing women. You're going to have to provide better back up for this theory.

Also, a sausage party joke? Seriously?
Xeno

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Xeno (post: 1597632) wrote:Excuse me? Where did he say that? And the verse saying that "it isn't good that man should be alone" isn't acceptable in this case. That verse doesn't qualify as men needing women. You're going to have to provide better back up for this theory.

Actually, that was the verse I was going. And yeah, I do know that God it isn't good for man to be alone. But look at the fact God created Eve and not Steve(No gay joke refrence). I'm just saying the fact that God created a woman as the 2nd human and not a 2nd man then Eve is still pretty important fact.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 pm

You just put up a dirty joke earlier. On a Christian forum. What were you thinking?
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597633) wrote:Actually, that was the verse I was going. And yeah, I do know that God it isn't good for man to be alone. But look at the fact God created Eve and not Steve(No gay joke refrence). I'm just saying the fact that God created a woman as the 2nd human and not a 2nd man then Eve is still pretty important fact.

The reason god created "Eve and not Steve" would have been for mating, never mind the fact that the Adam and Eve story is actually a Mesopotamian story that is older than Jewish tradition in the first place (oops). If you really want to get into this debate then by all means feel free to send me a PM and I'll be happy to wipe the floor with you, but while we're on the public forum I'm going to ask you, AGAIN, to refrain being an idiot (reference my second post in this thread).

Also note, the Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve is EXCLUSIVELY an anti-gay joke, so you don't get to reference it and then say it's not an anti-gay reference.
Xeno

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:58 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1597634) wrote:You just put up a dirty joke earlier. On a Christian forum. What were you thinking?

I was just speaking my mind. And probably saying what every other guy would be thinking.
dothackzero

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:00 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597638) wrote:I was just speaking my mind. And probably saying what every other guy would be thinking.

Every other guy with the maturity of a number 2 pencil that is.
Because ooooooh no, a group of guys hanging out, that's too gross!!!!!!!!!~~~~~
Xeno

Postby DaughterOfZion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:01 pm

"Speaking your mind" doesn't give you free license to barf up what ever idiotic and immature thought pops into your head. This is an important skill to learn if you want girls to not run at the sight of you.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:07 pm

DaughterOfZion (post: 1597640) wrote:"Speaking your mind" doesn't give you free license to barf up what ever stupid and immature thought pops into your head. This is an important skill to learn if you want girls to not run at the sight of you.

This. SO MUCH THIS
Xeno

Postby tronethiel7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 pm

[quote="Yamamaya (post: 1597628)"]I agreed with xeno mostly as well, and I'm not an atheist.

I'm aware that issues of theology and belief aren't the only determining factor of opinions concerning this issue. I just wanted to make a friendly pun. I though it was somewhat humorous. This is for you Xeno...haha.
" And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.â€
tronethiel7

Okay, so nowadays I'm usually able to hang out with my friends about a couple times a

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Okay, so nowadays I'm usually able to hang out with my friends about a couple times a week. The problem is that when I'm not around them, I start to feel lonely. I don't really know if it's out of bordom, or if it's just lonelyness. And don't give an answer like I just need more God. I do get my daily supply of Jeusus basically everday. But I'm just lonley for some reason.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Explain why you had to come up with a whole new thread to continue this discussion instead of posting in the existing one? DUMB.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Because this one isn't about girls. :p
dothackzero

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Xeno

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm

It's still along the same vein with "being lonely and no friends". You should have known that.

K. Ayato

Postby dothackzero » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm still probably not getting the quaility of fellowship I need. Even though what I'm getting does help out a lot, I guess it also does just really make me want even more fellowship with freinds.

Sorry, Just merge this one with the other topic.
dothackzero

Postby Atria35 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Find something to do so you won't be lonely. Volunteer. Write letters to relatives.
Atria35

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597633) wrote:Actually, that was the verse I was going. And yeah, I do know that God it isn't good for man to be alone.

What do you make of this?

1st Corinthians 7:27-28 (NIV) wrote:Are you married? Do not seek a divorce. Are you unmarried? Do not look for a wife. But if you do marry, you have not sinned]But those who marry will face many troubles in their life, and I want to spare you this.[/I]

Also, the stupid, immature comments/jokes have to go. Like right now. I think what you say reveals a lot about your character, and if what you're saying is creepy and offensive (like it's been here), then people will think you're creepy and offensive. That's not gonna help in your Quest for the Perfect Babe, or anywhere else, for that matter.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby goldenspines » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Merged the two threads for easier reading. Though next time you decide to make multiple threads about the same topic, I'd just as soon delete them. :\
dothackzero (post: 1597630) wrote: Besides, a world with girls just a huge sausage fest. >_< And nobody want's to see that.
Also, whatisthisthread. You seriously just made a crude sexist joke on a Christian forum? (then you made an anti-gay joke later) Speaking your mind? Give me a break. A 2-year old can speak their mind, but we don't let 2-year olds function alone in society.

So yeah, dude, these types of posts, jokes or not, are not acceptable on CAA. You pull a bad judgement like that again and you won't be able to stick around much longer on the forum. Grow up and try to have a little class.
goldenspines

Postby Atria35 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:02 pm

So, I'm curious - Dothack, what does your pastor say about women and relationships? Does he ever preach about this sort of thing? Have you ever had youth group meetings discussing this?
Atria35

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Is there even anyone in your life you can look to as a role model on how to respect females?

K. Ayato

Postby armeck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:26 pm

dothackzero (post: 1597658) wrote:Okay, so nowadays I'm usually able to hang out with my friends about a couple times a week. The problem is that when I'm not around them, I start to feel lonely. I don't really know if it's out of bordom, or if it's just lonelyness

Hey man, I know the feeling. I can feel lonely the minute I get home from being with my friends. I love being around people. You just got to keep going and not let stuff get you down
armeck

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:30 pm

And stop giving up so easily. You fall down, you get up and try again. Stop throwing in the towel after the first attempt doesn't turn out to your expectations.

K. Ayato

Postby armeck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1597678) wrote:And stop giving up so easily. You fall down, you get up and try again. Stop throwing in the towel after the first attempt doesn't turn out to your expectations.

THIS

If i had a dollar for every stupid thing i've done i would be rich now. No one expects you to be perfect. It's all good man, you just gotta relax
armeck

Postby SierraLea » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Here's some help from a girl who's also had trouble interacting with others.
1. If you don't know how to act around them, pick a structured activity where the rules of interaction are already laid out. Go bowling instead of just hanging out at a friend's house. This will give you something to do that you know is appropriate.
2. Control your body signals. Be aware of the kind of emotion your body is giving off, like you facial expressions and tone. Are you turned towards the group like you want to join in the conversation? Is it appropriate to laugh at that comment? This will take practice.
3. Lay it out there. I don't know if this would be a good idea in your situation, but I find a lot of times that, if I think a person is feeling something, I'll ask them if they are. If ythey look bored by my conversation, I'll ask discreetly or give them an opening to change the subject. Sometimes you have to ask to find out.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:07 pm

dothackzero wrote: And don't give an answer like I just need more God. I do get my daily supply of Jeusus basically everday. But I'm just lonley for some reason.

Are you serious? Is God and the Bible just a routine to get through the day and that's it? No wonder you're miserable. There's no relationship between you and Him if all you do is go "Okay, read a chapter in the Bible and prayed for 10 minutes, now I'm done".

K. Ayato

Previous Next

Return to General