Still not feeling accepted around others...

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Atria35 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:22 pm

^ Instead of asking randomly while he's online (because overall it might be an awkward/bad time for him then) just ask him next time you see him in person. It's far more sociable and friendly - asking for his number when you self-admittedly barely know him is kind of strange/creepy and wouldn't go over nearly so well.
Atria35

Postby dothackzero » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Atria35 (post: 1598435) wrote:^ Instead of asking randomly while he's online (because overall it might be an awkward/bad time for him then) just ask him next time you see him in person. It's far more sociable and friendly - asking for his number when you self-admittedly barely know him is kind of strange/creepy and wouldn't go over nearly so well.

Don't you think if I was able to see him offline, I'd be asking him offline? I don't know why I'm so nervous about it, I doubt he'll reject me. I mean we did goto the same Christian club last semester at school, but I just didn't talk to him that much. btw, we are facebook friends.

I'm terrible with small talk, I basically just went out and asked him. :p

So yeah, it was very awkward but I got his number.
dothackzero

Postby dothackzero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Still having a hard time to getting to hang out with people outside my main group... Especially when it comes to trying to add in more girls...
dothackzero

Postby armeck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:02 pm

I think you should not worry so much about adding women to your group, and just let it be what it is.
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:04 pm

dothackzero (post: 1598985) wrote:Still having a hard time to getting to hang out with people outside my main group... Especially when it comes to trying to add in more girls...

Aaaaaaaaand you just proved that you didn't listen to a single thing this thread has been saying. 'Grats, bro.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby dothackzero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:07 pm

armeck (post: 1598991) wrote:I think you should not worry so much about adding women to your group, and just let it be what it is.

I know I should, but it's just hard to let go. btw, is it okay to call a girl that might have a boyfriend to hang out?
dothackzero

Postby Crossfire » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 pm

areyoukiddingme.jpg

Common sense, man. If she has a boyfriend, it's generally ill-advised to ask her out.
Crossfire

Postby dothackzero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Crossfire (post: 1598998) wrote:areyoukiddingme.jpg

Common sense, man. If she has a boyfriend, it's generally ill-advised to ask her out.

I'm not talking about a date, I'm talking just hanging out with some other friends. Besides, I'm not even really sure if she has boyfriend or not right now.
dothackzero

Postby Nate » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:13 pm

It's only okay to invite a girl with a boyfriend if you've known each other for a while and are good friends, and only if your plans involve more than just you and the two of them.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby armeck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:25 pm

dothackzero (post: 1598985) wrote:Still having a hard time to getting to hang out with people outside my main group... Especially when it comes to trying to add in more girls...

I have a question regarding this, i'm sure this has been asked before but i'm going to ask it again. do you hang out with your group because you like to hang out with the group, or are you just trying to meet girls?
armeck

Postby dothackzero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:25 pm

btw, I did ask if we could hang out like a month ago and she accepted.

armeck (post: 1599002) wrote:I have a question regarding this, i'm sure this has been asked before but i'm going to ask it again. do you hang out with your group because you like to hang out with the group, or are you just trying to meet girls?

I'm trying to hang out with people that I think are gonna be fun to hang out with(This includes the girls too). Though I am also doing in hopes that I'll eventually find a wife through, or even if she is one of friends.I'm just a worrier that's being cautious but still looking for people that I have fun with and enjoy being around too.

So yeah, simple answer... It's for both.
dothackzero

Postby armeck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm

dothackzero (post: 1599003) wrote:I'm trying to hang out with people that I think are gonna be fun to hang out with(This includes the girls too). Though I am also doing in hopes that I'll eventually find a wife through, or even if she is one of friends.I'm just a worrier that's being cautious but still looking for people that I have fun with and enjoy being around too.

So yeah, simple answer... It's for both.

If you are hanging out with people for the sake of hanging out with people. worrying about adding people probably isn't a good idea. I would just let it go, more people will join.
Now, If you are hanging out when them just to meet girls how do you think it would make the other dudes you hang with feel to know that you are just using them in order to meet women. Just something to think about
armeck

Postby dothackzero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:49 pm

armeck (post: 1599004) wrote:If you are hanging out with people for the sake of hanging out with people. worrying about adding people probably isn't a good idea. I would just let it go, more people will join.
Now, If you are hanging out when them just to meet girls how do you think it would make the other dudes you hang with feel to know that you are just using them in order to meet women. Just something to think about

Like I said, I'm hanging out with people because it's fun and I'm enjoying it. But at the time I want things to get built up so if one of them moves out of state(Which probably will happen since he's my cousin and he's basically said he will to find a job.), I'll still have friends to hang out with. That's part of the reason why it just feels like I can't just sit around and do nothing.

Let's just say that my closest friends know what I'm doing, but as for the newer people that I'm trying to invite I really am inviting them because I think they could become true friends and not just for girls.
dothackzero

Postby armeck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Alright. That makes sense
armeck

Postby dothackzero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Hopefully in a non-creepy way of making sense...
dothackzero

Postby Furen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:07 pm

armeck (post: 1599004) wrote:If you are hanging out with people for the sake of hanging out with people. worrying about adding people probably isn't a good idea. I would just let it go, more people will join.

This.

A person should be with a group of people who build you up and make you:
1. Make you feel better about yourself (exceptions to this include #2)
2. Straighten you out when you've gone astray
3. People who challenge you to better yourself

I have a group who would take a bullet for me, and I them, we constantly help others when we're having a hard time or build us up when we're good. It's a good dynamic, even if it's small, and we don't always get to see each other.

Find a group like that, it'll make so much of life easier (and usually, more fun)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby dothackzero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Furen (post: 1599011) wrote:This.

A person should be with a group of people who build you up and make you:
1. Make you feel better about yourself (exceptions to this include #2)
2. Straighten you out when you've gone astray
3. People who challenge you to better yourself

I have a group who would take a bullet for me, and I them, we constantly help others when we're having a hard time or build us up when we're good. It's a good dynamic, even if it's small, and we don't always get to see each other.

Find a group like that, it'll make so much of life easier (and usually, more fun)

That acutally does sound like my core group of friends. Though I just haven't been able to hang out with them lately. Er let put of this way. I have 2 main groups of friends. One that does some of the nerdy stuff with me(D&D and magic), though there hasn't been much talk about God. This is the main group I've been talking about in this topic. Then there's the other group that I hang out with(mostly in church) were we basically just talk about God and some other, and do the stuff in your points. Though honestly, I'm looking for a group that I can play magic, play video games, watch anime(basically all the geeky stuff) and be able to have deep conversations with them about God.
dothackzero

Postby Furen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 pm

You could do what I did, and got them into at least a little of those things, even if only one likes anime, and one likes magic and one likes D&D

I have school friends, and then there's the ones I'd stay with till the end of time. Mind you, I enjoy biblical topics more than those thing, though anime and magic is fun (heart of the cards, heart of the cards! I play "counterspell")

(breif aside: A church friend and I have been talking for an hour about being tired on facebook and shoes, I don't even like shoes, but we managed to make this awesome, those are the friends that are sweet /aside)

I have a hard time seeing my church friends for sure, they're 20 minutes away, that's one of the reasons I joined here honestly, I love being able to hang with others that love God, so it's awesome you're seeking advice from us, it shows you value our input (even if some can't see that)

So hey, don't worry about the girls loving you right now, become awesome so that girls can't stay away from you first :P Then maybe think about it. (I suggest finding cognitive gears's Why it's awesome to be single thread)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby dothackzero » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Actually, could having bad body language be my problem around other peoplel? I mean, I don't really know how read other people's body language. As for my own, I basically just do what makes me conterble, so maybe I'm doing something that makes people think I want to be alone or something.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:49 pm

I don't believe you have "bad body language", as you put it. You're just not aware of how body language sends a louder message than anything that comes out of your mouth. Now that you're aware that you don't realize how to read nonverbal cues of others--let alone how you may be sending nonverbal messages yourself--it's time to put some effort into improving your own body language and understanding certain nonverbal cues within communication (eye contact or lack thereof, standing/sitting up straight, tone of voice, whether or not the arms are crossed, shoulders straight vs slumped, to make a short list).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby dothackzero » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 am

Also, does anyone know of any good video for improving social skills that aren't made for people that are autistic or little kids.
dothackzero

Postby armeck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 am

is my personal experience socializing is the best way to improve social skills.
armeck

Postby Atria35 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:18 am

armeck (post: 1600165) wrote:is my personal experience socializing is the best way to improve social skills.

This.

But even those videos for people who are autistic can be good help if you don't understand the basics.
Atria35

Postby Furen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:50 am

armeck (post: 1600165) wrote:is my personal experience socializing is the best way to improve social skills.

I used to be socially awkward, until talking in Chat here... mind you, I'm sure I'm still kind of socially awkward. But yes, just talking to people helps greatly.
Furen

Postby armeck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:56 pm

same here. now, I'm pretty awkward. but its more of a running joke than anything. being homeschooled I was pretty out of touch with social standards and suchnesses. but in time I was able to overcome many of them.
armeck

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Since you struggle with body language and other non-verbal cues, I have a challenge for you: Next time you're out with your group, stay silent* and just observe them in how they interact and communicate. Take notes on what you see or don't see and mark anything in your notes that you want to work into your own interactions.

*Should anyone ask you a question or say hello/goodbye, you're free to respond. Those are legit exceptions in this challenge.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby dothackzero » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Actually, I already have been paying more attenation to other people's body language lately. Only this has been more with school and church.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Keep it up, and extend it toward any and everyone you encounter during a given day.

K. Ayato

Postby dothackzero » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:53 pm

So why am I getting basically not revalation in my love life that doesn't exist? Basically, I tend to only get revalation when it comes to stuff from the Bible. I might be getting some stuff in other areas in my life, but never with any confermation with any other area than the Bible. Basically, I'm just wondering why I can't hear from God in this area even though I already know he's talking.

Course, it does make things worse when my friends are trying to cheer me up(and failing). Then they pretty much go from that to talking about one of them that does have a girlfriend, then there's my other friend phrophsiying to him about how things are gonna get even better between him and his girlfriend. and still there was not phrophsy/word of knowlege for me/ confermation what I think I might have hear, or really any type of hope that I'll ever get married. Which made me more depressed. I just don't get why I'm not hearing from God about this area when it's so important to me
dothackzero

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:27 am

Look, I know it's hard. I've been there. I've laid there and prayed for God to send me somebody. But you've got to realize you are not entitled to a spouse, God never promised you a spouse. Maybe what God wants for you right now is not what you want for you right now. You've got to learn to accept that.

Now, one might argue that maybe you don't hear God because you're bad at listening. This thread has been ample proof of that. What I just said is exactly what everybody has been saying for months in all of your various threads. Now, one might be able to ask a similar question of you: Why can't you hear US in this area when you KNOW we're talking?
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Previous Next

Return to General