Is there Touhou fans here?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Is there Touhou fans here?

Postby Sir Scaravich » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:59 pm

I would like to know how you guys feel about it.

But it'll be interesting to see Christian Touhou fans...
Sir Scaravich

Re: Is there Touhou fans here?

Postby Sir Scaravich » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:54 pm

Like, is there someone who knows AND play it? Not just knowing its music, but also playing its mainline games heart to heart.

(I post this so to make people aware of this thread.)
Sir Scaravich

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:38 am

While I'm a shmup fan generally (personal favorites: Armed Police Batrider, DoDonPachi, Darius Garden, Rayforce) I've only played a couple rounds of Touhou. One of the local arcades had it on a machine, and it seemed just fine as shmup games go. Then again, I understand that the Touhou rabbit hole goes way deeper than the games themselves, but on the surface it doesn't look enough like something that interests me to go any further than that.
Davidizer13

Postby Sir Scaravich » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:03 pm

Well, I've beaten Touhou 6, 7, 8 and 10 in Normal, which made me get a good ending and an Extra stage, but I suck at Extra Stages and never even once tried to beat one! :mutter:

Anyways, it's fun thanks to its gameplay, music, and cheesy one-liners. IDK why I liked it, I just liked it ever since early Jan. 2020. (Before I was even saved by God!!)
Sir Scaravich

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews