Oops!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Oops!

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:23 pm

So yeah, I kind of bought a PS Vita much like MSP got a 3DS ;) Anyone have any game recommendations? So far I have: Gravity Rush, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, and Final Fantasy X & X-2 Remastered. :) Please help me have no life! ^_~
yukoxholic

Re: Oops!

Postby drill » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment is scheduled for release for August 19th, which is the game I'm waiting for. Other than that though, you might want to look to PSP games that you can download as most of the good titles are there. If you went that route, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is a must get. But yeah, I only have one title for the Vita, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and I can't exactly recommend it based on the story line (As it is really cliche), but the gameplay is alright.
drill

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:05 pm

You know buying a PS Vita isn't going to help with the no-life part, right? ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:15 pm

No no no, she wants us to help her achieve a state of no life. Which the Vita may be good for.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby goldenspines » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:58 am

Persona 4 Golden! It's oddly enough the only game that would tempted me to buy the Vita. Persona 4 Golden is basically an ungraded and perfected remake of the original Persona 4 for the PS2. Great game where you can make friends, fight monsters, solve a murder mystery, and wear classy glasses!
goldenspines

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Yes, absolutely get P4 Golden (P4G)
I contemplated getting a Vita for that alone (But I already have P4 for the PS2, so it would be a waste)

Disgaia 3 and 4 are apparently on there, and they're fun (and a bit over the top, but worth a try)

That new one piece game is coming out soon

I believe there's some katamari game, people seem to like that series.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:13 pm

drill wrote:Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment is scheduled for release for August 19th, which is the game I'm waiting for. Other than that though, you might want to look to PSP games that you can download as most of the good titles are there. If you went that route, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is a must get. But yeah, I only have one title for the Vita, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and I can't exactly recommend it based on the story line (As it is really cliche), but the gameplay is alright.

I did see YS: Memories of Celceta there. I will have to check out the other ones as well. There are just so many downloadable games. It's so hard to choose! :) I did however get a free download for Borderlands 2. I will most certainly be giving your recommendations a look at! Thank you! :)

shooraijin wrote:You know buying a PS Vita isn't going to help with the no-life part, right? ;)

LOL! You do have a point there. I purchased the Vita mostly on a whim since I work really late shifts now. During the day I'm super busy but at night it's so dead! I used to read books upon books but I noticed it made me so sleepy which was bad for driving home! So, I thought I'd go the 'frustrated, throw your console at the monitor' route. :D Of course when I had a PSP before it literally was my life, haha! XD But shhhh! I'm supposed to be a closet gamer ;)

goldenspines wrote:Persona 4 Golden! It's oddly enough the only game that would tempted me to buy the Vita. Persona 4 Golden is basically an ungraded and perfected remake of the original Persona 4 for the PS2. Great game where you can make friends, fight monsters, solve a murder mystery, and wear classy glasses!

OHMYGOSH I HAD THAT IN MY HAND! But than I was like I don't know better get reviews. Ahhhh! Ok, this weekend I am picking that up!! Plus, mysteries and classy glasses make my world! ^_^ Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Furen wrote:Yes, absolutely get P4 Golden (P4G)
I contemplated getting a Vita for that alone (But I already have P4 for the PS2, so it would be a waste)

Disgaia 3 and 4 are apparently on there, and they're fun (and a bit over the top, but worth a try)

That new one piece game is coming out soon

I believe there's some katamari game, people seem to like that series.

There is a katamari game! I had to forego because they wanted me to pay $3.00 less for the pre-owned price which I thought was a rip off when every other game I got (aside from FFx-X2) were pre-owned and 1/2 price. I think it was just the place I was at though. They were kind of shady, haha. Disgaia!!! I love that franchise most certainly need to check that out! ^_^

You all are awesome keep'em coming if you have more to throw at me. :D Thanks again everyone!
yukoxholic

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:33 pm

MomentOfInertia wrote:No no no, she wants us to help her achieve a state of no life. Which the Vita may be good for.

Ahh. You may be right.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby LastLfan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Plenty of good indie games like thomas was alone
LastLfan

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews