Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

Postby Crossfire » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 pm

I think there are enough 3DS owners here to warrant a thread. My first introduction to the series was through the Ambassador Program, in which Sacred Stones was one of the free titles. Can't believe it's taken me this long to try it out, for the most part I love the game. Due to this I think I'm going to pick up Awakening as well. Even though I know virtually nothing about the story.
Crossfire

Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

Postby Vii » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:17 pm

There's a cool Fire Emblem 3DS bundle that was announced. The design on it looks really nice.
Vii

Postby Crossfire » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Yeah, I saw that. Ah well, I'm perfectly fine with my first-run 3DS.
Crossfire

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 pm

I want this so bad but I can't really justify buying a 3DS so I'm hoping there is a bundle that lasts a while.

Also go play more FE, 8 is good but 7 and 9 are where it's really at.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:08 am

So now that you've all thoroughly played this game (I assume), what's your synopsis? Is it any good, or is it cheesy? I saw some clips that kind of gave me that impression, but first impressions aren't everything. Basically, is it comparable to the older games? Well, not FE7, because that is the ultimate Fire Emblem game.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby AndrewinIce » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Crossfire wrote:I think there are enough 3DS owners here to warrant a thread. My first introduction to the series was through the Ambassador Program, in which Sacred Stones was one of the free titles. Can't believe it's taken me this long to try it out, for the most part I love the game. Due to this I think I'm going to pick up Awakening as well. Even though I know virtually nothing about the story.

ClaecElric4God wrote:So now that you've all thoroughly played this game (I assume), what's your synopsis? Is it any good, or is it cheesy? I saw some clips that kind of gave me that impression, but first impressions aren't everything. Basically, is it comparable to the older games? Well, not FE7, because that is the ultimate Fire Emblem game.

Sacred Stones is one of best in the series, due to that fact that it has an End Game and a World Map. Awakening has both, and is better in all ways also. Awakening is not just the best Fire Emblem game, but one of the best Games of all Time. In my opinion.
The story is very good. It can be divided into three segments. While the middle segment is a little weak, it is still good. The characters are diverse, memorable, lovable. The fact that you can marry any character is a nice, and adds a crap load of replay value to a game that has a crap load any way. The levels are incredably fun.

There is a few cheesy lines, but trust me, they are important. Overall though, the cheese is light.

In end...GET AWAKENING! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!
AndrewinIce

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:46 am

AndrewinIce wrote: The fact that you can marry any character is a nice

Wait...what?...I seriously don't know how i feel about this.

Aside from that, the demo was super fun (minus the too-good-paladin you get in every FE game ever) so I'm seriously considering playing this one ^^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Crossfire » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:
AndrewinIce wrote: The fact that you can marry any character is a nice

Wait...what?...I seriously don't know how i feel about this.

If it's any consolation, only males can marry females and vice versa. I'm sure that caused an uproar somewhere, though.
Crossfire

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:30 am

Aha, i 'spose that is a little better ^^"" i do hope it's not required...
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby AndrewinIce » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:55 pm

It is not.
AndrewinIce

Postby LupoRedgrave » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 pm

I love Awakening~
I love that they put the marriage system from Fire Emblem 4 into Awakening :D
Who did your my units marry and who is your favourite character? What's your favourite class?
If it's a spoiler character, or a spoiler in general, then don't forget to hide it with the spoiler tag~
As for me?
My female my unit married Henry and my male my unit married Sumia.
Henry, Panne, and Lon'qu and Libra are my favourites.
...Proverbs 4:18...
LupoRedgrave

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews