POKEMON X Y

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: POKEMON X Y

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm sad that I can't have "Literally Satan" as my Mega-Houndoom's name. And that I can't name my Furret "HM Slave." If I want to name my Bidoof "Fartbutt" that's my right, Nintendo! You have no right to censor my Pokemon's nicknames like that!

So does anyone have a Vivillon pattern that isn't Meadow, Modern, Garden, Continental, High Plains, or Elegant?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:12 am

I guess I'll join the fray lol I've played 10 hours and have only gotten past the first gym. 1650-1157-7433
DaughterOfZion

Postby Xeno » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:39 am

20 hours in, Pokemon Champion.
Xeno

Postby Okami » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Xeno wrote:20 hours in, Pokemon Champion.

Nice! Congrats. :D

I'm about 52 hours in and working on affection leveling of my primary team (Houndoom/Talonflame/Delphox/Pyroar/Charizard/Blaziken) No, I wasn't planning on being a fire-type trainer when I started this journey! and working on the Battle Chateau where I hold the title of Duchess. Mostly just getting money for more clothes. I desperately want black skinny jeans! :P
Okami

Postby Xeno » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:42 pm

I need to start grinding to level my team up. I've got something of a more balanced team, or at least I'm trying to keep it that way with Delphox, Raichu, Venusaur, Lucario, Lapras, and Yveltal. Most of them are in the upper 50s, Raichu is in the lower 60s and Delphox is about level 70.
Xeno

Postby LastLfan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:16 am

Just past 6th gym, my current team is meowstic, blastoise, delphox, aurarous?, vibrava and gengar. Only gengar is from a trade so is a little op right now. I ko'ed all of valeries pokemon with mega gengar but holy cow is aurous a beast.
LastLfan

Postby everdred12a » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Hoping to get some more folks for the Friend Safari. My friend code is 3582 8494 4438.
everdred12a

Postby Okami » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:45 am

I just hit 60 hours in, my current goal is the same as my previous post's was. Add to that I'm also currently obsessed with Ditto hunting at the Pokemon Village... :XD: (And I still haven't found black skinny jeans. :()

It amazes me that there are people out there with double (or more) my playtime. Like, I feel like most of my life is Pokemon right now...I can't even imagine that!
Okami

Postby LastLfan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Seven badges in, sorry guys still need to add your friend codes, now have flygon and the last spot on my team keeps switching, right now its abomasnow/mega form. Also been using meowstic but might switch in blaziken cause i desperately need that fighting type coverage and being traded he'll level up quickly. Right now my lvl 55 gengar is my strongest.
LastLfan

Postby Yami » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:14 pm

everdred12a wrote:Hoping to get some more folks for the Friend Safari. My friend code is 3582 8494 4438.

4897 7157 2344
Yami

Postby LastLfan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Just beat the champ clocking in at around 26 hours. Finally done. All in all, I liked this game, i felt it good gym leaders, for a pokemon the story was pretty good especially the part involving a certain little fairy. I thought that even though it only took 26 hours i didn't feel like i was rushing.
LastLfan

Postby Okami » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm

So I've come across a funny little glitch in my X.

In the Pokemon Village, there are two roaming Espurr sprites. By day, they are grey and regular. By night, they are pink and shiny. It's happened the last three days in a row, and I think it's hilarious!
Okami

Postby drill » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:48 pm

Just caught the legendary pokemon in Y, and I have to say that this is the easiest legendary to catch ever. I got its hp down to yellow in two moves (would have been one if it wasnt for oblivion wing), and through one normal pokeball and caught it. To be honest, I was looking for more of a challenge than that.
drill

Postby Okami » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:07 pm

drill wrote:Just caught the legendary pokemon in Y, and I have to say that this is the easiest legendary to catch ever. I got its hp down to yellow in two moves (would have been one if it wasnt for oblivion wing), and through one normal pokeball and caught it. To be honest, I was looking for more of a challenge than that.

Yeah.... I caught Xerneas in a pokeball, first shot, without damaging it. :lol:
Okami

Postby LastLfan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Yveltal in a quick ball
LastLfan

Postby Okami » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:57 pm

There's a fix for the Lumiose City glitch. Don't forget to patch your game!! Info here.
Okami

Postby drill » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Okami wrote:There's a fix for the Lumiose City glitch. Don't forget to patch your game!! Info here.

Thanks for posting this Okami :D If I had come across this glitch, I'm not sure what I would have done.
drill

Postby Okami » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:16 pm

drill wrote:
Okami wrote:There's a fix for the Lumiose City glitch. Don't forget to patch your game!! Info here.

Thanks for posting this Okami :D If I had come across this glitch, I'm not sure what I would have done.

You're welcome, drill! :n_n:

Today, I got my full team up to 100! And I caught my first shiny Pokemon! :jump:
Okami

Postby everdred12a » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Okami wrote:
drill wrote:

You're welcome, drill! :n_n:

Today, I got my full team up to 100! And I caught my first shiny Pokemon! :jump:

>All your pokemon are fire
>Surf
everdred12a

Postby Okami » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:11 pm

everdred12a wrote:>All your pokemon are fire
>Surf

Pfft. :shake:
Okami

Postby Yami » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Today, I got my full team up to 100! And I caught my first shiny Pokemon! :jump:[/quote]

Which shiny?
Yami

Postby Never thirsty! » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:12 am

24 hours in 3 time pokemon champ and party ally lvl. 100(No rare candies just hard training
Never thirsty!

Postby everdred12a » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:41 am

Okami wrote:
everdred12a wrote:>All your pokemon are fire
>Surf

Pfft. :shake:

>Earthquake

Never thirsty! wrote:24 hours in 3 time pokemon champ and party ally lvl. 100(No rare candies just hard training

After a certain point it doesn't matter if you level by exp or by rare candies anymore.
everdred12a

Postby Never thirsty! » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:34 pm

How does having all pkmn lvl 100 and being q 3 time pkmn champ not matter if it's done one day? Litterally I played nonstop on Friday when I bought it. I also beat the elite four with my traded jigglypuff that I nicknamed kirby I don't know why! I also catch everything with pokeballs in all games I've ever played except I caught mewteo with an ultra ball it's difficult but possible the trick is that you have to lower their hp exactly to 1 or else it won't work :( what I do is I get one of my weaker pkmn and to use a not very effective move to lower it if it's already low so it doesn't faint
Never thirsty!

Postby Okami » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Never thirsty! wrote:How does having all pkmn lvl 100 and being q 3 time pkmn champ not matter if it's done one day? Litterally I played nonstop on Friday when I bought it. I also beat the elite four with my traded jigglypuff that I nicknamed kirby I don't know why! I also catch everything with pokeballs in all games I've ever played except I caught mewteo with an ultra ball it's difficult but possible the trick is that you have to lower their hp exactly to 1 or else it won't work :( what I do is I get one of my weaker pkmn and to use a not very effective move to lower it if it's already low so it doesn't faint

Once the EVs are maxed, it doesn't matter how the Pokemon is leveled up. I believe that's what everdred was saying.
Congrats on making E4 Champ and a full team to 100 in a day, that's a lot of work. Now to work on a postgame team! :thumb:

Yami wrote:
Which shiny?

She's a Clawitzer! :grin:
Okami

Postby Xeno » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Does anyone have a Squirtle they want to trade for something? Building a post-game team of Gen 1 pokemon and I want all three starters in my team.
Xeno

Postby DaughterOfZion » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Never thirsty! wrote:How does having all pkmn lvl 100 and being q 3 time pkmn champ not matter if it's done one day? Litterally I played nonstop on Friday when I bought it. I also beat the elite four with my traded jigglypuff that I nicknamed kirby I don't know why! I also catch everything with pokeballs in all games I've ever played except I caught mewteo with an ultra ball it's difficult but possible the trick is that you have to lower their hp exactly to 1 or else it won't work :( what I do is I get one of my weaker pkmn and to use a not very effective move to lower it if it's already low so it doesn't faint

Uh, I thought you could never complete Pokemon games because water pokemon and moves like surf and waterfall triggered your phobia of water? Pretty sure you have to surf to get Mewtwo...
DaughterOfZion

Postby Yami » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Xeno wrote:Does anyone have a Squirtle they want to trade for something? Building a post-game team of Gen 1 pokemon and I want all three starters in my team.

Sure leme know when your on and ill get you one. (Care if its a wartortle? I can always hatch a squirtle of course but if you don't have a preference.)
Yami

Postby Xeno » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Yami wrote:
Xeno wrote:Does anyone have a Squirtle they want to trade for something? Building a post-game team of Gen 1 pokemon and I want all three starters in my team.

Sure leme know when your on and ill get you one. (Care if its a wartortle? I can always hatch a squirtle of course but if you don't have a preference.)

Perfectly fine with me since my Charmander and Bulbasaur have both already evolved.
Xeno

Postby everdred12a » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Okami wrote:Once the EVs are maxed, it doesn't matter how the Pokemon is leveled up. I believe that's what everdred was saying.
Congrats on making E4 Champ and a full team to 100 in a day, that's a lot of work. Now to work on a postgame team! :thumb:

Actually with the changes to EVs in g6 it doesn't really matter how you get your EVs, since they are now instantaneous instead of level-based. Granted, it would be pretty difficult and/or time consuming to get a pokemon to level 100 without gaining any EVs, but you get the point.

The stigma players carry against rare candies is actually left over from g1 (Red/Blue) when the only cap EVs had was how many pokemon you could kill before you hit level 100. Back in g1 lots of folks used the Missingno trick to max out rare candies and hit level 100 that way. This, with the old method of EV training locked you out of gaining EV bonuses and made pokemon leveled to 100 the legitimate way ludicrously more powerful than those who used rare candies. GF changed that in g2 (and maybe even in Yellow, I can't remember) and put a cap on EVs, though you still had to max them pre-100 or you wouldn't get the most of them and this method carried over into every subsequent generation until the current one.

I'm not trying to say that it's not all well and good that you cleared the game in one day. I mean, if that's what you're into then more power to you. Using only pokeballs certainly adds a degree of difficulty to an already easy game, and while I can't say I'd use time to do things that way, I once again say that if that's what you're into, then more power to you. Regarding your difficulties with Mewtwo, they have a TM for that called False Swipe. False Swipe can't lower a pokemon to less than 1 HP, making it ideal to help catch pokemon.
everdred12a

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews