POKEMON X Y

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: POKEMON X Y

Postby Okami » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Yami wrote:
Okami wrote:I've been following updates on the Serebii forums...it's really hard to try and get info for the games without getting [major] spoilers towards the plot. :XD: I'm managing somehow, but with thirteen hours to go, I'm getting super antsy! Makes me wonder how long this beast is going to take to download... :P

EDIT: Now that the games are officially released in some timezones, it's going to be even harder to sift through info without getting story spoilers. :pikka:

I just look for info on new pokemon and mega evolutions and try to avoid anything related to the actual story xD

(on that note..... MEGA SCIZOR!)

I'm trying to avoid much on the mega evolutions too, outside of the ones revealed by CoroCoro. Considering that's a big point of the game, I want them to be a surprise as I play through. Granted I have caught on to several of the now know ones because places like Serebii aren't spoiler tagging the images and such. Meh. Whatever.

That being said,
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I am SUPER excited for Mega Houndoom! :D

EDIT: The game dropped 15 minutes ago! I'm in the process of downloading this beast.
Okami

Postby Okami » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:10 am

I'm near eight hours into X at this point. All I really have to say is, "Wow!" GameFreak truly brought us a beautiful game. I've laughed, nearly cried, and am currently sitting at the second gym, preparing to battle the leader.

I love the customization options, and I've found enough boutiques at this point to make my avatar resemble what I can picture myself to be as a trainer. I really love it. :)
Okami

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:08 pm

This game already came out? I'm so out of the loop. I wish I could justify getting it, but I haven't even played Animal Crossing New Leaf in over a month. No time for it with even 13 credit hours. (I'm sure my town will be shocked whenever I return lol.)

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby drill » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Mullet Death wrote:This game already came out? I'm so out of the loop. I wish I could justify getting it, but I haven't even played Animal Crossing New Leaf in over a month. No time for it with even 13 credit hours. (I'm sure my town will be shocked whenever I return lol.)

If it wasn't for my brother reminding me constantly, I would have forgotten its release date too XD

Okami wrote:(on that note..... MEGA SCIZOR!) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I am SUPER excited for Mega Houndoom! :D

EDIT: The game dropped 15 minutes ago! I'm in the process of downloading this beast.

You know, Houndoom looked pretty cool, but Scizor kind of looked messed up. Personally I think Mega Gyarados looks the best.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who downloads games instead of getting the physical copy.
drill

Postby Okami » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:24 pm

drill wrote:Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who downloads games instead of getting the physical copy.

Yeah. I only own two games as of right now (Pokemon X and ACNL) and both are downloads. I'd prefer a physical copy, but I don't mind having these ones digital, since it means they're with me wherever I go with my 3DS. :)

I just completed the third gym, and am sitting just below twelve hours. GameFreak really puts weight into little details, like the camera panning, which make me smile! I appreciate the differences between walking, skating, and biking (getting used to the new 8-grid is still proving somewhat iffy, however :P). For the first time EVER in Pokemon I'm actually enjoying walking through the caves. So far they've all been unique and not Zubat-infested to the point where you're suffocating without a repel. XD

And lastly for my update, I like that the game goes at its own leisurely pace, as comparing to Red version which I just recently completed in sixteen hours over the span of many months. Where I've felt a connection to the Pokemon world in prior releases, I feel at home in Kalos, and enjoy that other regions are talked about by travelers.
Okami

Postby drill » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Okami wrote:So far they've all been unique and not Zubat-infested to the point where you're suffocating without a repel. XD

Wait, how is that possible :XD:

Just bought Y now, and it should be done downloading within 5 hours, yes 5 hours, my internet speed is really SLOW...
drill

Postby Okami » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:08 pm

drill wrote:
Okami wrote:So far they've all been unique and not Zubat-infested to the point where you're suffocating without a repel. XD

Wait, how is that possible :XD:

Just bought Y now, and it should be done downloading within 5 hours, yes 5 hours, my internet speed is really SLOW...

You shall see~ :P :thumb:

Aw, X took approx. half an hour to download for me. Was grateful, considering the time (20 minutes past midnight)!!
Okami

Postby Xeno » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:25 pm

It took me about 20 minutes to get Y due to heavy traffic around the mall. I'm enjoying it so far; my Pikachu will be insane.
Xeno

Postby LastLfan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Im not getting it til sunday around noon est i can't wait, just to clarify yami, are you giving me your megamewtwonite X as a straight trade?
LastLfan

Postby Yami » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:45 pm

LastLfan wrote:Im not getting it til sunday around noon est i can't wait, just to clarify yami, are you giving me your megamewtwonite X as a straight trade?

Yup that was the plan.

Anyone have a extra froakie or chespin they would like to trade me btw?
Yami

Postby drill » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:19 am

Yami wrote:
LastLfan wrote:Im not getting it til sunday around noon est i can't wait, just to clarify yami, are you giving me your megamewtwonite X as a straight trade?

Yup that was the plan.

I haven't started the game yet, but I can trade you the froakie that I plan to get once I get charmander.
drill

Postby Okami » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:17 am

Okami wrote:And lastly for my update, I like that the game goes at its own leisurely pace, as comparing to Red version which I just recently completed in sixteen hours over the span of many months.

With fourteen hours and four badges clocked, it appears the game starts picking up pace some after the third badge. I'll have my fifth badge soon.
Up until getting the fourth badge, my Pokemon have all been within the level range that the badge covers, almost perfectly ("Pokemon up to level 40 will obey...") Now I have up to level 50, and with getting this next badge that will throw things off, as my Pokemon are all around the low 40s range. Maybe I just need to go grind training some. :XD:
Okami

Postby Yami » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:13 pm

drill wrote:
Yami wrote:

Yup that was the plan.

I haven't started the game yet, but I can trade you the froakie that I plan to get once I get charmander.

Thanks!
Yami

Postby LastLfan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Well finally got my copy of Y, have yet to get a badge cause im taking my sweet time leveling up my pokemon, i have to admit its the little things that make me giddy. Seeing how at the pokemon center you see the actual ball the pokemon is in means a lot to me, how you can heal a pokemon with the restore function. All these little changes no one mentioned but they mean a lot to me. AND DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT PIKACHU SAYS HIS NAME.
LastLfan

Postby Xeno » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:57 pm

LastLfan wrote:AND DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT PIKACHU SAYS HIS NAME.

Yes, and now I'm kind mad at myself because I evolved my Pikachu into a Raichu and this no longer happens. Thinking about capturing another Pikachu just for the sake of it.
Xeno

Postby Yami » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Xeno wrote:
LastLfan wrote:AND DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT PIKACHU SAYS HIS NAME.

Yes, and now I'm kind mad at myself because I evolved my Pikachu into a Raichu and this no longer happens. Thinking about capturing another Pikachu just for the sake of it.

I heard that if you look long enough you will find one with a light ball.

You can also keep raichu at the front of your party to increase the appearance rate with static.
Yami

Postby LastLfan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Wow the nuances of this game are amazing
LastLfan

Postby Okami » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:53 pm

LastLfan wrote:Well finally got my copy of Y, have yet to get a badge cause im taking my sweet time leveling up my pokemon, i have to admit its the little things that make me giddy.

Yeah, the first gym didn't come until about 2 hours in at a "regular" pace. :D It's so exciting to explore all the little details.

Seventeen hours in....I got my 5th badge and have been exploring Lumiose...THIS PLACE IS HUGE. I can't figure out where I haven't been yet because I keep getting lost or going in circles. :XD: I love that there are random trainers to battle in the city (Chefs, Punks, etc.) And I love that there are roller blading tricks to learn! I need to hit up a skate park and see if I can figure them out!!

Also, in the route I'm about to explore, there's a park with swings you can sit on and a playset you can climb up and ride down the slide. :n_n: I LOVE all the details!

I know I mentioned it before, but I'm loving the connection between Kalos and other regions, and the fact that traveling trainers talk about where they're from and what they've seen and such! I also found Trevor's home a little bit ago...it made me laugh. Wonder if the other friends' houses will show up? :)

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The way it sounds, the main character is from Kanto. With all the details we learn about the region, I think it would be cool to revisit. Not like another remake of Red/Blue, but as a new adventure, perhaps started somewhere other than Pallet Town, adding in an arena for Ryhorn racing, showing details on routes like we see in Kalos, and maybe getting to see where previous characters have wound up (Red as an adult champion or something!) I think there's plenty we've learned through the previous generations to incorporate discoveries to an older region. Like, how does the "religion" learned about in gen 4 affect the way life is lived? How does Mega Evolution change the way Pokemon are studied at Oak's lab? Just thoughts... :thumb:
Okami

Postby LastLfan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Did you know you can look side to side while sitting? Anyway just got my first badge and am really starting to fall in love with pokemon like in the good ol days. With black 2 i think i got through the main campaign in about a week, but that was bcause i told myself i had to get through it in a week. This time however, it feels just like when i went through my first ever pokemon game, i didn't care about what would hapen after i beat the game i was just enjoying the journey. This time i'm actually trying to level all my pokemon evenly(thank you exp) not only my main 6 but also some in my pc so i can swap out. Its taking longer but thats the beauty of it. I'm stopping to smell the roses. And for the first time since diamond and pearl im not just commenting on the progression of mechanics and graphics but I'm genuinely moved by how much has changed since leafgreen. This is my last soapbox on the beauty o pokemon for the next week i promise :)
LastLfan

Postby Okami » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:43 am

LastLfan wrote:This time however, it feels just like when i went through my first ever pokemon game, i didn't care about what would hapen after i beat the game i was just enjoying the journey. This time i'm actually trying to level all my pokemon evenly(thank you exp)

This is basically what I'm doing, too. :)

I got into the Lumiose boutique today. Aaaaaah!!
And I just spent like 100k in boutique shopping. Why did I only just start using the amulet coin...? :sweat:
Okami

Postby LastLfan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:30 am

I totally forgot i ha an amulet coin thanks okami, i finally had to choose to move one of my team members to a box, BUTTERFREE!!! Ill come back for you
LastLfan

Postby Okami » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:05 am

LastLfan wrote:I totally forgot i ha an amulet coin thanks okami, i finally had to choose to move one of my team members to a box, BUTTERFREE!!! Ill come back for you

:P You're welcome!

Went back through the Battle Chateau and have my sixth badge now. I really don't know what to make of this town...it's just...bizarre.
Okami

Postby LastLfan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:13 am

Which town?
LastLfan

Postby Xeno » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:36 pm

We clearly don't all have each other on one another's friend's lists. My code is 1134-7829-1832. Totally willing to battle with you guys, trade if I there is something we can mutually agree upon, etc.
Xeno

Postby LastLfan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Mine is 3737-9708-7922
LastLfan

Postby Yami » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:39 pm

4897-7157-2344
Yami

Postby drill » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Here is mine: 0946-2900-2508. And yes, battling would be fun, however, I really don't focus on EVs or IVs so I wont be as strong as anyone who does.
drill

Postby LastLfan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:02 am

I also don't ev traib but I'm trying to get into it postgame
LastLfan

Postby Okami » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:29 am

LastLfan wrote:Which town?

Laverre City. And don't even get me started on Route 14, leading up to it! It was dark and raining the first time I went through it.... talk about creepy! :waah!:

My friend code is 2036-7270-0500

In other news, I just became a Marchioness at the Battle Chateau. :D

EDIT: I love boutique shopping. Playing around with different outfits is so much fun. Here's my current (I got tired of wearing my Black Trench Dress) ...Spend 300,000 on it, just to get bored of it... :XD:
Okami

Postby Yami » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:01 pm

Ok new update!

My friend safari is ICE

It seems I have Snorunt Bergmite and Lapras!
Yami

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews