Gauging interest on a thread idea

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Gauging interest on a thread idea

Postby Nate » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Hey all, I was struck with inspiration yesterday when at work, and wanted to float an idea here, and see what people thought about it.

See, I'm sure you all know about Let's Plays. They're all the rage these days. Well, I've kind of got an itch to do one. I rarely finish any projects I start, and it would be nice to actually complete something, even if it's as insignificant as playing a video game for people on the internet.

The thing is, I'm new at this, so I'm not comfortable enough hanging with the more experienced LP'ers on the other forum I frequent, and the game I want to do has already been done there anyway. The game, by the way, is Final Fantasy V Advance, and it would be a screenshot LP because I am nowhere near interesting enough to talk on a video. Also my voice is terrible.

So. I'm curious if anyone would be interested in seeing a Let's Play of Final Fantasy V Advance here. I don't want to do this if nobody is really interested; there's no real point in making a thread for just me to post after myself constantly. I'm sure Mith would rather keep that server space for threads people actually want to read. Besides, half the fun of the LP is getting people to respond to it, to give feedback and ask questions and comment on it. I've played the game before and don't need to waste time typing about it if no one is going to read it.

And if you're interested, by all means if I go through with this, try and contribute! I don't want this to turn into a rehash of my Let's Watch Gokaiger thread where it was just me and Rocketshipper posting back and forth for 90% of the thread. I mean I like Rocketshipper but I'd rather it be an actual thread rather than a public PM conversation. I'm not saying if you express interest that you have to post every update I make. Sometimes you just don't have much to say and I understand that, but I really want more than just me and one comment per update if I'm going to do this.

Anyway, thank you for reading the thread, and tell me if you want this to happen!
Nate

Re: Gauging interest on a thread idea

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:03 pm

I've never played Final Fantasy V Advance, but I went and looked it up after reading this and it looks like an interesting enough game. I've never done any of these Let's Play things either (I should think not with how terrible I am at video games), but I'm up for sticking around for this if you decide to do it. I'm not sure how much I could contribute, but it seems fun at least and will give me a reason to frequent CAA more often. :lol:
TopazRaven

Postby Peanut » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:37 pm

If there's one thing I've learned about doing LPs on CAA, its if you do it people will read it. They may not post in it but they will still read it. In other words, you should do this because the more LPs on this forum the better.

Edit: Oh and a few bits of advice before you begin. I've found that 320X288(or whatever is close to 320) is a good size to post your screenshots in. Its large enough to see everything and not to big to make the thread get all crazy and stuff. Also, take as many screenshots as possible and then choose the ten best ones that fit with what you want to get done in each post. This will both help you from feeling like you're posting tons of stuff in your thread and getting only a few responses as well as allow you to work within the CAA picture per post limit.
Peanut

Postby Kaori » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:09 am

FFV is awesome and needs more love. Moreover, I've been feeling nostalgic for this game recently, and I've also never played the Advance version, so I would be interested. You know how little I post on CAA, so I can't really make promises about responding regularly, but I would definitely read.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 am

I don't usually pay attention to LPs, but I greatly enjoyed FFV. So it's possible I'd have things to say. I guarantee I'll give it a look if you post it.
uc pseudonym

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 am

Alright, going ahead with this then. Maybe more people will show up once it starts. I hope.
Nate

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews