Nuzlocke Journal

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Nuzlocke Journal

Postby Sederiku » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:59 pm

The Nuzlocke Challenge is a set of rules intended to create a higher level of difficulty while playing the Pokémon games. Many challengers feel that the rules also serve the purpose of encouraging the use of Pokémon the player would not normally choose, and promoting closer bonds with the player's Pokémon. The rules are not an in-game function, but are self-imposed on the part of the player, and thus subject to variation.

The most basic Nuzlocke rules, as they were first introduced, are as follows:

Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. (If the first encounter in the area is a double battle in dark grass, the player can choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.)
While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.

So... I was wondering if you all would be interested in me playing through and keeping a possibly daily journal here, like after a day of playing I could write any important details down. If it sounds good tell me and I'd love to do it! Consider it a special Let's Play from me to you? :D
Sederiku

Re: Nuzlocke Journal

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Well we had one a while back, but it's on hiatus at the moment.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Sederiku » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Oh cool, so if I did do one I would want to name it something more specific wouldn't I? xD
Sederiku

Postby Peanut » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:33 pm

So funny thing, this thread reminded me about the Emerald Nuzlocke I replaced my Silver Nuzlocke is. And as I went to look I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be funny if the Nuzlocke I started to replace the Nuzlocke I put on Hiatus because of a save file problem didn't make it over with the switch." I really shouldn't think these things...
Peanut

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Sederiku wrote:Oh cool, so if I did do one I would want to name it something more specific wouldn't I? xD

Yes probably. We've had a number of lets plays, so keeping them distinct is always a good plan.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Sederiku » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Peanut wrote:So funny thing, this thread reminded me about the Emerald Nuzlocke I replaced my Silver Nuzlocke is. And as I went to look I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be funny if the Nuzlocke I started to replace the Nuzlocke I put on Hiatus because of a save file problem didn't make it over with the switch." I really shouldn't think these things...

Well that sucks D: If you don't mind me asking, why shouldn't you think these things? xD
Sederiku

Postby Peanut » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Sederiku wrote:
Peanut wrote:So funny thing, this thread reminded me about the Emerald Nuzlocke I replaced my Silver Nuzlocke is. And as I went to look I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be funny if the Nuzlocke I started to replace the Nuzlocke I put on Hiatus because of a save file problem didn't make it over with the switch." I really shouldn't think these things...

Well that sucks D: If you don't mind me asking, why shouldn't you think these things? xD

Because the inevitable result is that I look for said thread and find that it didn't make it with the website upgrade.
Peanut

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews