Halo 4- I guess the fight isn't finished

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Halo 4- I guess the fight isn't finished

Postby Crossfire » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Can't believe nobody has made a thread yet. Ah well, it comes out tomorrow. I wasn't able to pre-order it/attend a midnight release, so I'm heading out in the morning to try and score a limited edition copy.
Crossfire

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Getting mine soon. Pretty excited but I still have a little part of me that feels like they should have stopped at Halo3, yet I'm pretty excited for this :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Crossfire » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah, as much as it pains me to say it... the Halo franchise in general is getting pretty burnt out. Still super excited for the new direction it's headed, though. 343 seems like they're keeping the core elements of what made the previous 3 (or 4 if you're counting ODST) games special.

On a side note, I'm still kinda bummed that I missed out on that sweet arctic-themed BR, then again I don't have a solid connection to xbox live in the first place. XD Ah, the woes of living in rural Alberta.
Crossfire

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:42 am

Oddly enough, I follow Halo mostly for the story, so it'll be interesting what direction they take. I was hoping they would pick up after the books, but I think that is highly unlikely...
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby ADXC » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:41 am

Not really into Halo, but found this.

ADXC

Postby Neane » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:10 am

Hopefully, I will get it and Borderlands (Have wanted to get it because it seems to be like Fallout) on Friday.
Neane

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Oddly enough, I follow Halo mostly for the story, so it'll be interesting what direction they take. I was hoping they would pick up after the books, but I think that is highly unlikely...

Yea The story of Halo is pretty awesome compared to most FPS, that's one reason I really love it, It seems different then most to me. its the only FPS that gave me goosebumps just how purely epic it is!

Hopefully, I will get it and Borderlands (Have wanted to get it because it seems to be like Fallout) on Friday.

Borderlands? or Borderlands 2? Borderlands 2 is really good! I just got it not too long ago, you should check it out.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Furen » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I only played the first 2, for the xbox (not 360... never got that) and I played a bit of three with friends, but I thought it'd be done at that, guess I was wrong, though, I guess it's not a bad thing, I'd rather people talk about it than CoD to be honest...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Neane » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Makachop^^128 (post: 1596286) wrote:

Borderlands? or Borderlands 2? Borderlands 2 is really good! I just got it not too long ago, you should check it out.

I was planning on playing the first Borderlands so that I have the required knowledge for playing the second Borderlands game. If one does not need to play the first one in order to play the second one, then I might check out the second one on Friday.
Neane

Postby AnimeSpriter7.4 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:56 pm

pre ordered it and i got it at the midnight release and beat it that same day.
the game is awesome but the campaign has lots of bugs and glitches such as enemy banshee's flying down into one certain corner one after another, cortanna freezing in the visor and late responding in the beginning of a mission like freezing in one spot
Oreimo
AnimeSpriter7.4

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Been playing it since it came out. Multiplayer has been consuming me.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Crossfire » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Good news:

Despite overwhelming odds, I picked up a limited edition copy on release day. Played through the campaign on Heroic, started my legendary run. Decided to take a break from Halo and...

Bad news:

...my xbox accidentally'd a game. Meaning, it's started scratching up disks beyond repair. Thank the Lord, Halo 4 wasn't one of them. (The unfortunate casualties are Splinter Cell Conviction and Medal of Honor Airborne) My 360 is an original system, so it's had a pretty good run. I guess this is a good chance to upgrade, assuming I can't find a place that offers relatively cheap repairs.

AnimeSpriter7.4 (post: 1596566) wrote:pre ordered it and i got it at the midnight release and beat it that same day.
the game is awesome but the campaign has lots of bugs and glitches

Huh, I've run into the banshee glitch, but haven't seen any of the others you listed. In fact, the game ran extremely smoothly when I wasn't in a cycle of [s]unexplainable respawns[/s] playing horribly.
Crossfire

Postby AnimeSpriter7.4 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:05 pm

i'm replaying the halo campaign in legendary and i only came across the banshee glitch so i guess the other glitch was a one time thing
Oreimo
AnimeSpriter7.4

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews