PETA anti-Pokemon game

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

PETA anti-Pokemon game

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:49 am

Link to prove I'm not making this up
There. Now you won't think I'm joking. PETA, it's a harmless game! (unless you're epileptic)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Xeno » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:16 am

People still pay attention to PETA? The core of their message I understand, but their organization is so heavily flawed in so many different ways that they're irrelevant.
Xeno

Postby battletech » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 am

PETA once again wasting money on stupid things that could have gone to helping the animals they claim to help.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 pm

ahahahahaha
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 pm

[redacted]
Last edited by Zeldafan2 on Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeldafan2

Postby seaglass27 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:14 pm

I want to play it.
seaglass27

Postby TheMewster » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:51 pm

I LOL'ed.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby SilverToast » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 pm

I played it for a few minutes. It was so ridiculous it was funny. haha I thought the humans were too overpowered though.
SilverToast

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:56 pm

there's an actual game? all I saw was the picture and the column.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Isn't team Plasma [spoiler]Really fake in Pokemon Black and White? Like, they're pretending to be a Pokemon rights group, but they actually don't care about the Pokemon in reality? I guess they really DO fit PETA. It's so weird that team Plasma was designed as a PETA satire, and PETA creates a satire of Pokemon which basically agrees with saying team Plasma is PETA?[/spoiler]

Mind... blown.

I like to say that PETA can bite my burger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby SilverToast » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Michael Lance (post: 1593318) wrote:there's an actual game? all I saw was the picture and the column.

oh yeah its here. Although there is gore(blood on characters.) which is disturbing. A warning to those not age appropriate to view such things but the blood is cartoonish. Umm. It is closer to teen game rating.
[color="Red"]@[/color])}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators
SilverToast

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 pm

I would enjoy playing a game deconstructing Pokemon, but this isn't that game.

Ace33Wing wrote:I thought the humans were too overpowered though.

Use debuff moves first (the PETA ones), otherwise just run through your Pokemon. I think Pikachu has the only attack debuff, so maybe keep him alive. I'm not sure what the fourth one has because I didn't use him.
uc pseudonym

Postby SilverToast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:50 am

uc pseudonym (post: 1593392) wrote:I would enjoy playing a game deconstructing Pokemon, but this isn't that game.

Use debuff moves first (the PETA ones), otherwise just run through your Pokemon. I think Pikachu has the only attack debuff, so maybe keep him alive. I'm not sure what the fourth one has because I didn't use him.

Good strategy. haha I just went with attack moves first and thought they would faint. XD I just wish I knew what type humans are weak against. I assumed electric and fire.
[color="Red"]@[/color])}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators
SilverToast

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:51 am

I lol'd so hard when I played this XD
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Druxcian » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:56 pm

As soon as I saw Group Hug I lolnope'd.
"Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
Druxcian

Postby Peanut » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1593392) wrote:I would enjoy playing a game deconstructing Pokemon, but this isn't that game.

Pokemon Black and White could be considered a semi-deconstruction...well they at least tried to raise the question of whether it was ethical for kids to use Pokemon in essentially legalized dog fights...so that kind of counts...kind of...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:11 pm

What about the MegaTen series, besides the Persona games? That sounds about what you're looking for; it's like someone looked at all the hoopla about Pokemon being about summoning demons and stuff, and thought "that's pretty awesome, I'm gonna make a game out of that," but it came out a few years before Pokemon. They play from a first-person view, like Phantasy Star's dungeons or Wizardry, there's tons of dark, foreboding atmosphere and crazy religious symbolism, and they're hardcore like no other. I've got the first one somewhere on my computer, but haven't played it as much as I probably should have. Might be worth a try.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Ace33Wing wrote:I just wish I knew what type humans are weak against. I assumed electric and fire.

I think each enemy is different. I recall that some of them were weak to the element of the Pokemon you just received, so it might follow that pattern, but I'm not replaying the game to check. (Also, the grass one can drain health. Take advantage of that.)

Peanut wrote:Pokemon Black and White could be considered a semi-deconstruction...well they at least tried to raise the question of whether it was ethical for kids to use Pokemon in essentially legalized dog fights...so that kind of counts...kind of...

It kind of raised it and then dropped the issue via the ending twist, right? I haven't played it.

[quote="Davidizer13"]What about the MegaTen series, besides the Persona games? That sounds about what you're looking for]
I've played Devil Survivor and Strange Journey, and I have plans to play the others. It's a good series that deserves to be recommended, but it doesn't really hit the social issues of Pokemon that would entertain me.
uc pseudonym

Postby Peanut » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1593532) wrote:It kind of raised it and then dropped the issue via the ending twist, right? I haven't played it.

Pretty much. Though it wasn't particularly strong to begin with considering everyone but N who supported that viewpoint did so by beating the crap out of Pokemon...Can't have sympathetic villains in the Pokemon world.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Re: PETA anti-Pokemon game

Postby randomuser2349 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:07 am

Well it's about time.
randomuser2349

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews