Game Combinations and Fusions

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Game Combinations and Fusions

Postby SilverToast » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:07 am

What are some gameplay elements(story, gameplay, music, controls etc.) or games you would like to see combined?

I got the idea from reading this comic. http://www.dorkly.com/comic/44079/the-perfect-game

For me, I want to see Legend of Zelda Majora's mask be combined with 2d zelda exploration and chibi robo's exploration concept of a character being tiny but everything else normal to us is huge. All this with a huge overworld. That would make a great challenge!
[color="Red"]@[/color])}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators
SilverToast

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:09 pm

A game with the plot length and complexity of a Final Fantasy, the aesthetic sense of the Myst games, connections to characters as deep as ICO, and a fighting system as fun as Prince of Persia.

Yeah, so basically I'd want the impossible, perfect game ^_^
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby raider~joseph » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Star Wars in the Halo universe. With the gameplay of Assassin's creed.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby SilverToast » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 pm

Those sound really fun wolf's howl and raider joseph!

I want to combine the programming ability and customization(characters, events, battle system, music) and role play of RPG Maker XP with the 3D world building environment of Minecraft.
The ultimate game of customization and creativity!

I would play that game forever.

:dizzy: :wow!: :-^o^-: :dance: :cool:
My thought process thinking of this game.
SilverToast

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:16 pm

SMT: Devil Survivor + Majora's Mask

I want an RPG where you replay the same period of time. This would allow the consequences to be more serious - branching paths, people can die, you can fail, you can get yourself permanently blocked, etc. Going back to the beginning would reset a lot of your progress, but you'd keep stats and some items.

Instead of being a Point A to Point B quest, new things would unfold via resetting. The early "impossible boss" would become possible later and winning would completely change the plot. Maybe half the city gets destroyed early on, but once you've progressed enough to intercept and beat the guy destroying it, you unlock a "new" area to explore. That kind of thing.
uc pseudonym

Postby armeck » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:45 am

super smash bros brawl characters. with marvel vs capcom gameplay
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews