Wii U: Are you getting one?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Re: Wii U: Are you getting one?

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:04 am

So I guess I'll support the grave-digging movement just because.

Wow, has it really been a year? Yeah, I guess so. Anyways, no, of course I'm not getting one! What's wrong with you people!! According to my ritualistic and regimented lifestyle, I can't get any game console of any kind until it's at least 5 years old.
That said, my brother gave me his old Wii when he got the WiiU. I feel so technologically advanced!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby shooraijin » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:43 pm

The corpse is walking, so carry on.

Would not buy until it gets under $100. I'm not compelled by the games and I'd probably only buy it to hack, not play games on.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby SilverToast » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:28 am

I got a Wii U months ago in the summer. I like it a lot. It's so much fun to play wii and wii u games on the gamepad and have a movie or tv show playing in the background. I've been having a lot of fun playing Zombi U and Super Mario 3D World.
SilverToast

Postby Crossfire » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:47 pm

^ I keep forgetting about Zombie U. I really should pick it up while it's only $15... same thing with Assassin's Creed and Batman. I'm curious to see how different the Wii U versions are compared to the 360/PS3.
Crossfire

Postby SilverToast » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Zombi U is really fun and challenging. Your character is as strong as 1-2 regular zombies. It really has you strategize and ration your supplies like a survival horror game. It's a good game for that price. Make sure to get the update for it because the game has game-breaking bugs without it. I'm not sure how the Assassin's Creed and Batman ports are like.
SilverToast

Postby Crossfire » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:11 am

Well, I just tried the Zombie U demo and I have conflicting feelings. I love what they did with character death, as well as the difficulty and somewhat sluggish controls, but... it seems, I don't know, a bit shallow? If the demo and videos of gameplay are anything to go by, it seems more like "go here, do that" than a straight survival game per se. I'm not really a fan of liner gameplay when it comes to scenarios like this, so I dunno.
Crossfire

Postby SilverToast » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:52 am

Yeah, it is really linear that way. The real fun is in survival mode with permanent death and the difficulty in surviving. It would be a better game if it was non-linear.
SilverToast

Postby Jonathan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:37 pm

I might get a Wii U in the future but first I need to catch up with the Wii and try Wii Games I haven't played yet. And PS2 and Nintendo DS Games as well.
"And Jesus said unto him, 'Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God."-Mark 10:18

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the son, but the father."-Mark 13:32

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."-John 14:28
Jonathan

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews