I need Pokemon advice XD

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

I need Pokemon advice XD

Postby Ella Edric » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:22 pm

So for my birthday yesterday my brother got me pokemon black, cause he's so very nice. XD Obviously, I only just started this and I'm not used to this generation. Last gen game I played was emerald. lol. SO. What I want to know is what are some good pokemon to have as a team? My starter is a fire type so I got that already. I'd be looking for a water type, grass type, electric type, psychic, and rock/ground. But honestly, the combination of not playing pokemon in forever, and not knowing the pokemon in this game make it pretty much impossible for me to strategically build a team. So, advice anyone?
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby Vilo159 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:47 pm

For water, I would go with Tirtouga/Carracosta. Water/Ground type, fulfills two needs and is pretty strong. Frillish/Jellicent is pretty good too, and gets you a Ghost type.
For grass, Petilil/Liligant is what I would suggest. Not the strongest, but it'll do well. That, or maybe a Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny.
For Electric, I love Joltik/Galvantula. If not, Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelectross, or Blitzle/Zebstrika. There's Stunfisk, too, but...
Psychic, try Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle, or if you can trade to get a Solosis/Duosis/Reuniclus they're just as good. Then there's always Munna/Musharna and Elgyem/Beheeyem, if necessary. Or, you could switch psychic with ghost, and a whole bunch of cool options open up if you want me to tell you those.
Rock/Ground really aren't my favorite on their own. I prefer them mixed with something else like Carracosta or Golurk (Ghost/Ground), which gives you a free space to fill in with a fighting-type or something. But if you want to, then you're only pure option is Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith (rock). Or go with a combo, like Dwebble/Crustle (rock/bug), Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile (ground/dark), Golett/Golurk, or mix it up with a steel-type like Ferroseed/Ferrothorn (grass/steel) or Klink/Klank/Klinklank (steel).
If you can squeeze one of those groups together, that leaves you with an extra space that I suggest filling with a flying like Pidove/Tranquil/Unfezant, Ducklett/Swanna, Or Archen/Archeops. Or maybe fill it with a fighting type, if you have room.
Lots of those suggestions overlap in types, so make sure you're selecting to optimize how many types you have. If you want, of course, that's what I do and it seems to work.
Vilo159

Postby SilverToast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:41 am

I would suggest Timburr for a fighting type. Evolve it and find someone to trade to evolve it again to get Conkeldurr. It has high attack and good defense.

Serebii.net has really good advice and information on pokemon.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/
[color="Red"]@[/color])}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators
SilverToast

Postby Garland » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:04 pm

I'd go with a Frillish/Jellicent (It tanks against non-physical moves),
a ferroseed/ferrothorn (tanks against physical moves + does damage to attackers who make contact), as for others, I like Golurk (ghost/ground and can learn fly, which is always useful, as the flying pokemon seem weak this gen). As for fire types, litwick/lampent/chandelure is amazing: good special attack decent speed, and learns good coverage moves for water types. tynamo/elektrik/electross have no weaknesses (electric is weak only to ground and they have levitate). Carracosta is water/rock and is a good tank but keep it away from grass. The solos is/duosion/reuniclus is great, but make sure it has magic guard because magic guard covers everything that overcoat does and more.

The other way to build a team is to just pick the ones you like, as any team can beat the game pretty easily as the level curve of pokemon tends to be pretty shallow.

And for a pokemon site, I would recommend bulbapedia.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby Ella Edric » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Thank you so much guys! Youre a big help. I literally sat down and took notes while reading this. XD Thanks! I have a pretty good idea of what I'm gonna do now. Next question I'd have is where to find these pokemon... but I have a feeling I'll either find out on my own, and if I don't I can google it.
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews