The Dark Brotherhood Wants You!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

The Dark Brotherhood Wants You!

Postby For_Him » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 pm

(Note: This is from my experience from playing Skyrim. I do have the strategy guide, but nowhere does it say how to join the Dark Brotherhood)

If you've played The Elder Scrolls series, then you no doubt know about about this notorious band of our favorite assassins.

Joining the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion (the fourth installment of the series) was simple: kill an innocent citizen, and go to bed. You are then visited by Vicenti Valtieri, Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. The rest is simple to do.

Joining the DB in Skyrim takes a slightly different approach.
In the city of Riften (located in the southeast corner of Skyrim), you'll happen upon a stranger who initiates a conversation with you, He'll tell you about the local Thieves Guild and a rumor about a orphan boy in Windhelm trying to contact the DB. That objective appears in your list of Misc. objectives.
When you find the boy, he will think you are the assassin he's been waiting for and give you the contract to kill the cruel owner of the orphanage he ran away from.
Once you fulfill the contract, return to the boy to recieve your pay.
Finally, sleep in a bed that you own (as in a bed inside a house you own).

Welcome, brother or sister, to our little family.
Brother of Sparx00.

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: BCMac87

[SIZE="4"]My YouTube Channel[/SIZE]
For_Him

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:36 am

Ive been killing innocents for hours trying to do this. THANK YOU.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Can you hunt down the DB if you don't join them?
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Saved Gamer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:44 am

Actually you can destroy the dark brotherhood. When you're in the hut with Astrid after being abducted, attack her instead of the "targets". After she's dead, report to a town guard that you killed their leader and he'll tell you to speak to an imperial captain at a place called Dragon's Bridge. He'll tell you the password to get into their sanctuary and you can wipe them out from there. There's only about six people there so it should be pretty easy.
Saved Gamer

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Sounds like that requires you to join in the first place...
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Crossfire » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:02 pm

So... do you gain anything from destroying them?
Crossfire

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:42 am

A deep sense of satisfaction? However, I don't want to derail this thread, I just wanted to know. But it sounds like they passcode protected the hideout, and just like oblivion they don't have a counter DB questline. Besides killing them off after you've already become just like them.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Kerusso » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:56 pm

raider~joseph (post: 1520444) wrote:Ive been killing innocents for hours trying to do this. THANK YOU.

O___O
Heaven is only Heaven because God is in it.

[color="YellowGreen"][/color]There's only one good thing about Mary Sues... they don't exist in real life.

Forcing religion, or any ideology for that matter, down someone's throat, is not that different from doing the same with a physical object: it's an unpleasant experience to the recipient, who will likely dislike you for it afterwards.
Kerusso

Postby Crossfire » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Killed them all off. Got 3000 coins for doing it.
Crossfire

Postby raider~joseph » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:05 am

Kerusso (post: 1521315) wrote:O___O

Who wants to be a good guy all the time?...besides those whose choice it is...Come on dude don't judge me. If I had to pick between Jedi and Sith in a game I would pick Sith. If I had to choose between Jedi in Sith in REAL LIFE LIKE IT WAS REAL. I would pick jedi...duh. If Skyrim was real I would be a good guy.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Wallachia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Crossfire (post: 1521382) wrote:Killed them all off. Got 3000 coins for doing it.
This. I felt pretty good until I learned I only got a measly 3000 septims.

Oh well, role-playing takes precedence over my needs as a player in games like these...

Wallachia

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Who wants to be a good guy all the time?...

o_o/)
Come on dude don't judge me.

o_o/)? I thought you just said being evil was ok? Are you judging me for being judgemental? Why am I posting like this is Goof Off? >_</) ごめん!ごめん!
Rusty Claymore

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews