The PS3 and the Yellow Light of DEATH!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

The PS3 and the Yellow Light of DEATH!

Postby bobmonkeys » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:36 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It won't come on. What will I do without it?

I was just playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, when suddenly the screen goes dead, but the power stayed on in my house. I think something is merely wrong with the electricity, so I tried turning it back on several times. Whenever I turn it on, the light on it becomes green for a few seconds, but then becomes yellow for half a second and then starts to flash red. It doesn't even stay on long enough for me to get the game out.

My Ps3 is a clunky old 80gb model that I bought three or four years ago. I don't know where the warranty even is and doubt it hasn't already expired long ago, so if I send it to Sony they are going to charge me 150-200 dollars. Money is really tight for me right now, because I'm currently getting my car fixed and am not even sure I'll have enough to cover that. I need an alternative to sending it to Sony to get fixed.

What's really sad is that only the PS3 plays blu-ray discs, and I was just beginning to buy anime on blu-ray and I bought the Bleach movie the day before without watching it yet.

Please pray for my PS3.
[color="Lime"]Moo?[/color]
bobmonkeys

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:20 am

Those type of errors have workarounds, but it may be worth it just to get Sony to replace it for you since all the YLoD fixes (like the RRoD fixes) are temporary, I believe. I hope you've managed to resolve this issue.

I know how you feel, I really do. My first PS3 died of graphics card failure (bought on Ebay, wasn't shipped to me properly) Got it for 450 dollars, paid 150 to get it replaced, the price dropped to 500 in stores the same week mine died. If I had waited just a little while longer, I could have bought it new for cheaper than I ended up paying altogether for a refurb... And if THAT one died, I'd have been covered by warranty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews