Final Fantasy

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Final Fantasy

Postby Iris » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:37 am

Anybody here that likes Final Fantasy XIII or any other Final Fantasy games?
When reaching for the future, we sometimes fall into the past. As we gaze upon events that cannot be changed, our hearts grow bitter with regret. And you, my dear Serah, will you encounter your past here? How will you choose to deal with that pain? -Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII-2

Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys. -Lightning

Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here, and now. -Vanille
Iris

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:43 am

uh, this would be more appropriate in the gamers galore section.
I like Final Fantasy 7, 6, 10, and 1.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:58 am

I love the Final Fantasy series. Though I haven't actually gotten to play many of the games yet. I watched a walkthrough for the original FF7 on YT (which took me about a month to finish, long game) since I couldn't seem to find it anywhere. Then I've played parts of FF7: Crisis Core and FF7: Dirge of Cerberus (watched entire walkthroughs for both of these as well since I never got the chance to finish them, I actually own CC, but I got lazy). Then I've also played parts of FF12, FF13, FFT and the very first Final Fantasy game.
TopazRaven

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:13 am

Totally wrong section and there is already a thread about this
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:18 am

My favorite Final Fantasy game is Chrono Trigger.

In all seriousness, I've only ever finished 6; I've got a half-finished file of 4 somewhere around here, and couldn't get into FFTA. I'm more of a strategy RPG person, myself, and think Square made a lot of great RPGs that I like better than Final Fantasy in the SNES era (Secret of Mana, Live a Live, CT, etc.). That said, you still can't go wrong playing 6, after all these years, it's still got some of the best characters and plot in gaming.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:19 am

Wrong section, please make sure you are posting in the correct area of the site when making new threads.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:42 pm

My favorite in the series is 6. It has a weak villain, but that's actually a good thing in this case. Fewer fangirls drooling over the angsty, femmy villain like in 7. The main cast, however, is excellent. You think you have a main character at first, but you realize there really isn't a main character for the whole game, it's an ensemble piece. You [spoiler]don't save the world,[/spoiler] which was a great concept at the time. It featured the first attempted suicide that I can think of in console gaming history (not counting the exploding Metal Gear villains, OK? I mean SERIOUS attempted suicide), was NOT primarily composed of Teeny Boppers (though it seems like it would turn out that way at first, what with you starting the game with Terra/Tina) FFX had Auron, but FF6 had Locke, Cyan, Shadow, Edgar, and Sabin. The youngest of them was 25. It gave us our first serious Moogle, and while Kefka wasn't very deep, he was still pretty fun... In a twisted way, I mean.

10 was also great. Ok, so it was teeming with teeny boppers. The only fix for that was Auron (Kimahri doesn't really count, not being human and all) but it had my favorite battle system in the series. I can't stand the battle system in 12, and from what I've seen, 13 is more of the same. 10's battle system was so quick. The waiting is the worst part, and it only has to wait on YOU in X. The sphere grid was also a great leveling system. It took far less time for satisfactory leveling, even though the rewards were smaller, they happened more often. It's the difference between (having a set salary) getting paid once a month and getting paid once a week. It's the same money in the end, but it's so much more fulfilling to get it once a week. Also, the story wasn't terrible. And it has Mad Murdoch from the A-team playing about 100 roles. How can you NOT like that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Hiryu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 am

I've played and beaten most of the mainstream games. I could never get into 2, the battle system's weird. I never got to play much of 12, and I've never played 11 or 14.

Anyone heard/played the Mystic Quest game?
Hiryu

Postby Kerusso » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:12 pm

The only FF title I've ever really played is Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (played FF 2 on the iPod, but that didn't last long). REALLY into it right now. I'd like to try some other titles of the series.
Heaven is only Heaven because God is in it.

[color="YellowGreen"][/color]There's only one good thing about Mary Sues... they don't exist in real life.

Forcing religion, or any ideology for that matter, down someone's throat, is not that different from doing the same with a physical object: it's an unpleasant experience to the recipient, who will likely dislike you for it afterwards.
Kerusso

Postby Furen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm playing FFTA2 as well, but as for XIII I LOVE it, I'll be getting XIII-2 really soon, as soon as they let us get to em XD
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews