Recommendations

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Recommendations

Postby impact777 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi CAA-folks,

could anyone recommend me good games for XBOX360?
I like action/adventure/racing/sports. It would be good if there's no
bad religion in it and not tooooo much violence.
Thank you. :)
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
impact777

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. Buy it. Play it. Love it. Say goodbye to any resemblance of a social life you may have because you will invest so much time in this phenomenal game.

Oh and also: Battlefield 3, Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Fallout 3 & New Vegas (pretty violent), and Bioshock 1 & 2. IMO all the games I listed are worth owning and never trading away.

As for racing, there best racing game out on the market that you'll find for the XB360 is Forza 4. Everything pretty much pales in comparison unless you're looking for something less realistic and more streetracey. In that case there's like... Midnight Club or something. And for sports I really only play FIFA 12.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby impact777 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 am

Doumo arigatou! :)
Do you also know a good adventure? Such like Uncharted for PS3?
impact777

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1516376) wrote:Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. Buy it. Play it. Love it. Say goodbye to any resemblance of a social life you may have because you will invest so much time in this phenomenal game.

Oh and also: Battlefield 3, Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Fallout 3 & New Vegas (pretty violent), and Bioshock 1 & 2. IMO all the games I listed are worth owning and never trading away.

As for racing, there best racing game out on the market that you'll find for the XB360 is Forza 4. Everything pretty much pales in comparison unless you're looking for something less realistic and more streetracey. In that case there's like... Midnight Club or something. And for sports I really only play FIFA 12.

I second all those but have to ask about your stance on profanity because Battlefield 3 has a lot in it.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:07 pm

(Not trying to change topics or ignore the question, but I had a bit of a question myself.)

So I was thinking of asking for some video game recommendations too, but wasn't sure if there was a thread for it like there is for anime, manga, and now books... Is this it? Or is there no such (official) thread yet?
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby ClosetOtaku » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Portal. I haven't played Portal 2 yet, but Portal is mostly puzzle solving. A little violence, but mostly against funny robots who don't seem to mind much.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:57 am

Oh yeah, I forgot Portal 1 and 2. Or rather, "The Orange Box" and Portal 2. Definitely pick up both.

As for adventures, the xbox 360 doesn't have anything which really rivals Uncharted... I mean there is Gears of War, but Gears of War has gotten pretty stale, in my opinion. The multiplayer is great though! Skyrim is an adventure though (more of an RPG adventure) and that game will last you practically a lifetime.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:30 am

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1516558) wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot Portal 1 and 2. Or rather, "The Orange Box" and Portal 2. Definitely pick up both.

As for adventures, the xbox 360 doesn't have anything which really rivals Uncharted... I mean there is Gears of War, but Gears of War has gotten pretty stale, in my opinion. The multiplayer is great though! Skyrim is an adventure though (more of an RPG adventure) and that game will last you practically a lifetime.

While the bob and weave gameplay may have gotten old gears 3 still rocked

GrubbTheFragger

Postby impact777 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:34 am

Thank you guys!!! :)
impact777

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Well mind if I ask for a couple recommendations? I have a PS3 and I'm kind of looking for a good survival horror game. And I don't count resident evil as survival horror... There was this game for PC called Amnesia and THAT is what I'd call survival horror. But I was wondering if there is anything like that for the PS3 and is good. I'm totally unfamiliar with the genre in the first place and it seems most I can find that they call survival horror end up being just... FPS or such with horror elements in there and not actually survival anything.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:48 pm

I don't think there are any "legit" horror games for console's this gen. I say just go buy Amnesia. =p The closest you'd get is Silent Hill: Homecoming or Dead Space. And maybe games like Heavy Rain or L.A. Noire. They're not horror games but have a strong psychological thriller aspect to them (L.A. Noire not so much).
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Good survival horror games don't exist anymore. Dead space is a good horror game but less survival

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Neane » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Speaking of horror, has anyone here played Fatal Frame? And is it good?
Neane

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh fatal frame is awesome, scary and original

GrubbTheFragger

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:19 pm

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1516496) wrote:(Not trying to change topics or ignore the question, but I had a bit of a question myself.)

So I was thinking of asking for some video game recommendations too, but wasn't sure if there was a thread for it like there is for anime, manga, and now books... Is this it? Or is there no such (official) thread yet?

Well... Nobody answered my question but I guess since one person already asked for other recommendations, this is going to become the official "video game recommendations" thread?

Anywho, I'm trying to find some good video games - especially adventure/RPG games - that I might enjoy playing. I already know about...

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age - Fun, and really like it. Some of the battles were insanely long, though, and only being able to save at certain save orbs got very frustrating at times. Otherwise, solid and fun.

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth II - Amazingly awesome. I love just about everything about this game.

Star Wars - I like most of the Star Wars games out on the market. My favorite ones are the Knights of the Old Republic games. I also enjoy Empire at War, and the Lego Star Wars games for some feel-good fun.

Out of those popular "tycoon" games, my favorite - by far - was Zoo Tycoon. The original Roller Coaster Tycoon was pretty cool too, though the graphics were very primitive. I liked School Tycoon, despite mixed reviews (though I would've liked more features). The original Sea World Tycoon was pretty lame, but the revision was very underrated (and now it's out of print - what a shame). I tried Airport Tycoon once or twice, but gave up on it because I couldn't figure out how to control it *at all*. Mall Tycoon was fun, but the game quality was very poor and the setup wasn't very user friendly either. Out of 5 stars, I'd give these games...

Zoo: 5/5

Original Roller Coaster: 4/5

School: 3.5/5

Original Sea World: 2/5

Updated Sea World: 4/5

Air Port: 0.5/5

Mall: 1.5/5

I enjoy the Nancy Drew adventure games, but some are definitely better than others. At best, they're completely entertaining titles (just about all of the first 13 games if the remastered version of the first is considered instead of the original, Legend of the Crystal Skull, Shadow at the Water's Edge, and some others) and at worst, they're somewhat interesting ways to pass spare time (The Haunting of Castle Malloy, Ransom of the Seven Ships... pretty much most of the newer games, except for a few). After game 13, I'd say the games overall have decreased in quality. 16, 18, and 22 were fairly good, but I do have some gripes. I was very pleased with games 17, 21, and 23 - 25, though. I will admit that I felt 25 was somewhat lacking and short, but I still loved it. I will buy game 26 when it comes out, but I'll admit that I'm a bit concerned about the quality.

I also liked The Chronicles of Narnia game based on the latest version of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". I had a lot of fun up until the final level, which was super hard... I should pop it in and play it again. It's been a few years.

So... Anybody want to give me some recommendations? :)
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews