Visual Novels

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Visual Novels

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 pm

I discovered an amazing Visual novel today... played most of the day on the demo but I'm torn on buying the full game. Anyone here had experience with these? Anyone recommend any such good romance games? ^_^ I mean where a guy must win a girl's heart!? Because I couldn't care less about some girl trying to win some dude. -_-
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Neane » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Neane

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:12 pm

:o Beautiful!!! :drool: :dizzy: :wow!: :thumb:
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks Neane. I read the whole thread and bookmarked all the pages. I was surprised the website I found today wasn't listed... meybe because its a fanlation but it was a pretty darn good one (except I could see where they obviously converted "yen" to "cen"). lol Anyway, its depressing actually how few choices there are. It seems I've hit a dry well like back when I fell in love with text adventure games.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Hey guys! I totally forgot that I bought this game (see link below) at my used video store! I got so lucky! Why haven't I conquered a single girl yet!? I totally forgot this was on my shelf! It makes me want to cry! I'm so happy right now!!!

http://youtu.be/15y13X34GW4
This

Seto_Sora

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:21 am

Did this really need 3 posts?

Okay, on topic visual novels seem interesting I have yet to get into them but I might eventually.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Popyman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:34 am

I started Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime. While I enjoy them, the writing style REALLY bugs me. I don't know if it's the author's intention or poor translation, but he repeats EVERYTHING. The same words are used over and over, he repeats the same explanations for things, my list of annoyances goes on. >_<
Popyman

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:14 am

Nope, that's Nasu alright. And in general, overly verbose prose isn't that uncommon among visual novels, especially the more plot heavy ones.

But yeah, warm memories of the good old THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR.
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 pm

I've played a few of them, so far the free ones from Ren'Py. My favorite one has been Frozen Essence, so far, but (P)lanetes is also pretty good. I have a friend who owns the Japanese version of Higurashi (she's fluent enough that playing it is no problem for her) and when I go over, we play a little more and she translates for me. I keep hearing praise for it, but honestly? It's so SLOW. Really, really slow.
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Yeah, the first few hours of almost every visual novel I've played are extremely slow. I mean, if you look at, say, Umineko, the first hour or two of the game was lopped off.

The exceptions are the visual novels that are only a few hours long.
blkmage

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews