The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword!

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Firstly: this thread is for the people who are looking forward to skward sword. People who hate LoZ prolly dont care about this thread anyway =P

Anyway, I saw the 2 most recent reviews of skwards sword online and thought it was as good a time as any to start the "i cant wait for this game" thread. XD

First 2 Reviews (i havent confirmed these facts 100% officially yet but:

ONM 98/100% - "best Zelda game ever made.''

EDGE Magazine 10/10 - ''A Triumph.''
(and as far as i know EDGE has only given, until now, 13 perfect scores... ever... and its been around for over 15 years.)

me and my sibs have already pre-ordered the game =D sooo.... thoughts? hopes? anything you guys really wanna see out of the game? =)

OMGOSHAREYOUASEXCITEDASIAM? XD

Also! Skward sword has a full 100% full orchestrated soundtrack. it's amazing. and it has a lot of different styles of music. with the introduction of a stamina meter and more intricate puzzles. i think its gonna be amazing.
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby ABlipinTime » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:41 pm

What, no Link?
X)
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm really looking forward to this, but since I no longer have a wii, it might be awhile before I get to play it.

Though who knows, maybe I will try to pick one up during a Black Friday sale or somesuch.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:56 pm

There are no words for how excited I am about this. I have been waiting for years. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby goldenspines » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:55 pm

I used to not care about this until I got a Wii, then I remembered how much I like Legend of Zelda games.
Though, I'm worry a bit about the controls. But if they ironed out all the wrinkles they had in Twilight Princess, should be pretty enjoyable. :D

I want to see colors that will make me cry tears of happiness from this game.
goldenspines

Postby armeck » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:01 pm

i'm extremely excited! i'm buying it on release
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Popyman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:02 pm

I probably won't get it until Christmas.
Popyman

Postby TGJesusfreak » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:54 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1512066) wrote:What, no Link?
X)

I prolly shoulda posted one XD

we bought he preorder package of SS. =D simply because of... well... the free golden wii plus wimote and the free zelda orchestral soundtrack that they give you with the game =D its totally worth it. free stuff always is XD

From what i saw the controls are wat better than in TP. its not a randomly swing you wiimote game (thank god) XD. i love 1:1 motion controls. its an amazing way to play video games =P. tho i cant blame some people for hating the idea either XD
TGJesusfreak

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:37 pm

TGJesusfreak (post: 1512186) wrote:we bought he preorder package of SS. =D simply because of... well... the free golden wii plus wimote and the free zelda orchestral soundtrack that they give you with the game =D its totally worth it. free stuff always is XD

Where did you get that deal how much was it tell me now I must know. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Esoteric » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:01 pm

It's not free stuff--he's talking about the special bundle:

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Skyward-Remote-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002I0GEHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319590495&sr=8-1

The official price is $69.99 (Looks like Amazon's in-house stock has sold out and people are scalping now.)

I'm looking forward to the game for the reported 1:1 controls, but don't know if I'll get it right away. It's coming on the heels of Uncharted 3 and I just finished playing Deus Ex HR. I don't think I should let myself play that many games so close together....
Esoteric

Postby Rylynn4869 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Ahh! I am so excited about this game!! I would have pre-ordered it, but I still have to finish Eternal Darkness and LoZ: Ocarina of Time for my N64, so I figured I'd might as well wait for the price to go down a little. I know that will probably take a while, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
[SIZE="2"]We've all got wounds, we've all got scars
Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it's hard
Don't give up hope, don't give up hope

'Cause He's got those wounds, and He's got those scars
And with His blood He heals our hearts
He is our hope, He is our hope!
~Don't Give Up the Fight by Revive[/SIZE]
Rylynn4869

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Originally posted by ABlipinTime (post: 1512066):
What, no Link?
X)

TGJesusfreak (post: 1512186): I prolly shoulda posted one XD

Blip:
I was being punny.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Koshka » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:05 pm

100% orchestrated soundtrack?!

If nothing else, I'll be buying the soundtrack for sure xD

Regardless, I'm stoked about this game...now if only I had some moneys :S
The user formerly known as Colonel Sanders

[color="Cyan"]"Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD, turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." -Proverbs 3:7-8[/color]

My Deviant Art
Koshka

Postby Felix » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:36 pm

I am indeed very stoked about this game :D Gameinformer also gave it a perfect 10. So far, it has already passed Twilight Princess on Gamerankings.com, and it's gaining on Ocarina of time. Not bad!
Felix

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 pm

OMGOSH ITS HERE!!! anyone have the game yet? =D its amazing so far!

[spoiler]Link and Zelda are so freaking awesome together imo. XD they have an awesome friendship... and other stuff haha[/spoiler]

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1512195) wrote:Where did you get that deal how much was it tell me now I must know. XD

we preordered it through our local gamestop. haha
TGJesusfreak

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:29 pm

I am looking forward to this game, but it is going to most likely be a Christmas present. It sounds like the controls have improved since the Wii version of Twilight Princess, so this is good news including using an orchestra for the music. :)
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:12 am

I just finished the second temple in the volcano... it's a really fun game... never feels too easy or too hard. There were some frustrating parts that had me wandering around for a good while (part in the first temple where you do the water raising... the second switch was REALLY hidden. And then finding the last two pieces to the key that opens the Volcano temple) but other than that... yeah I really love this game. The mechanics work amazingly well, too...

Story wise it's great too so far... [spoiler] I like the whole thing with Link and Zelda being best friends and obviously having feelings for each other before everything happens. And to where I've gotten, I'm suspecting a kind of tragic "we can never be together" vibe... not sure how it's gonna play out but that's just the feeling I'm getting at the moment after getting through the fire temple. I mean nothing has really happened to suggest that outright but just the scene in the temple just had me thinking about it. I'm very interested in how this whole thing is gonna play out.[/spoiler]
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby goldenspines » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:14 am

Aw man, I wish I had your kind of time, Scarecrow. I'm only halfway through the first temple. (those skulltula WHYYYYYYY).

Right now, I only have one complaint about the game, but it's fairly little and rather subjective. Your shield has a life gauge. I mean, I can see the logic behind this, but it's still a bit annoying. And you have to shake the nunchuk to put your shield up? Yeeeeeah not digging that.

But the rest of the controls work brilliantly. I will give the game kudos for using the wiimote to its full extent. The swordplay is fantastic and from my experience at least, responds well to my movements. There are also some nice creative ways the wiimote is used to go through certain obstacles (i.e. a tighrope). So far, no control errors.
In terms of enemies, I have mixed feelings (see my skulltula rage), but overall I think the direction of making you actually think how you kill certain enemy (e.g. The Deku Baba/man-eating plant. Their mouths open in the certain direction and that's the only way you can hit them (no more slicing the stem, sadly :< )). I get the feeling they'll be building off of "strategy" fighting a bit more, which is okay and actually pretty fun, but I hope they don't overkill the idea.

I have my own theories on how the story will go, but we'll have to wait and see.

[spoiler] Currently thinking this is going to be an origin story, guys. [/spoiler]
goldenspines

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:42 am

I've finished... well... a buncha more temples. XD;; But still, I feared for a while that they do the lame thing and recycle the temples, fortune proved this not to be so. :D
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm

goldenspines (post: 1517074) wrote:Aw man, I wish I had your kind of time, Scarecrow. I'm only halfway through the first temple. (those skulltula WHYYYYYYY).

Right now, I only have one complaint about the game, but it's fairly little and rather subjective. Your shield has a life gauge. I mean, I can see the logic behind this, but it's still a bit annoying. And you have to shake the nunchuk to put your shield up? Yeeeeeah not digging that.

But the rest of the controls work brilliantly. I will give the game kudos for using the wiimote to its full extent. The swordplay is fantastic and from my experience at least, responds well to my movements. There are also some nice creative ways the wiimote is used to go through certain obstacles (i.e. a tighrope). So far, no control errors.
In terms of enemies, I have mixed feelings (see my skulltula rage), but overall I think the direction of making you actually think how you kill certain enemy (e.g. The Deku Baba/man-eating plant. Their mouths open in the certain direction and that's the only way you can hit them (no more slicing the stem, sadly :< )). I get the feeling they'll be building off of "strategy" fighting a bit more, which is okay and actually pretty fun, but I hope they don't overkill the idea.

I have my own theories on how the story will go, but we'll have to wait and see.

[spoiler] Currently thinking this is going to be an origin story, guys. [/spoiler]

It's my week off from work and I had no plans :D The skulltulas were a pain but once you figure how to attack it, they're easy (and I don't mean just knowing their weak spot but exactly how to attack em. I hit horizontally, let em swing for a bit till they slow down, walk up and stab em with the thrust move)... The one I had me frustrated was the first boss till I figured out how it watches your controller all and then move the controller to a better place to swing from to counter his blocks/moves... then he was quite easy.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Ok, won't post the picture due to swearing. So view at your own discretion.

http://gif.artige.no/store/17/17537.jpg

But yeah.... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;O;

Jingo Jaden

Postby Kerusso » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Popyman (post: 1512114) wrote:I probably won't get it until Christmas.

Same here, man... maybe. I doubt I can get both a 3DS and Skyward Sword. We'll see...
Heaven is only Heaven because God is in it.

[color="YellowGreen"][/color]There's only one good thing about Mary Sues... they don't exist in real life.

Forcing religion, or any ideology for that matter, down someone's throat, is not that different from doing the same with a physical object: it's an unpleasant experience to the recipient, who will likely dislike you for it afterwards.
Kerusso

Postby goldenspines » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1517096) wrote:It's my week off from work and I had no plans :D The skulltulas were a pain but once you figure how to attack it, they're easy (and I don't mean just knowing their weak spot but exactly how to attack em. I hit horizontally, let em swing for a bit till they slow down, walk up and stab em with the thrust move)... The one I had me frustrated was the first boss till I figured out how it watches your controller all and then move the controller to a better place to swing from to counter his blocks/moves... then he was quite easy.

I have a week off from school, but still have homework (boo).
Sadly, I made the mistake of trying to hit the Skulltula too many times and then it SPUN around me like an maniac (granted, that may have been me screaming wildly. Me and spiders do not get along). Although, once you get that super awesome item, hanging from the ceiling skulltulas become a cinch.
Yeah, the first boss was a bit annoying until you got the hang of his attacks and blocks. Though, I ran up against a Deku Boba that started predicting my sword movements earlier, so I was semi-prepared before facing the boss.
[spoiler] Plus, I was laughing at him the whole time. I really can't take a villain in a leotard seriously yet. I get the feeling I will soon though. XD]
goldenspines

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:49 pm

My brother got the game a couple days ago, and I'm watching him play it off and on. To me, there's quite a bit in it that reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus, like the stamina meter, the way you can grab on to ledges and climb on stuff, some of the navigation, the scale of some of the battles...

[SPOILER]Especially the Imprisoned. Great googly moogly, the Imprisoned.[/SPOILER]

I never finished Twilight Princess, but this one's looking better than TP as it goes on; it looks like they've done some really cool things with the MotionPlus controls, item crafting, etc. Maybe I'll go through it after NaNo gets over...
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:01 pm

KeybladeWarrior (post: 1517035) wrote:I am looking forward to this game, but it is going to most likely be a Christmas present. It sounds like the controls have improved since the Wii version of Twilight Princess, so this is good news including using an orchestra for the music. :)

the motion controls are really really good. kudos to nintendo on this one =P
Scarecrow (post: 1517047) wrote:I just finished the second temple in the volcano... it's a really fun game... never feels too easy or too hard. There were some frustrating parts that had me wandering around for a good while (part in the first temple where you do the water raising... the second switch was REALLY hidden. And then finding the last two pieces to the key that opens the Volcano temple) but other than that... yeah I really love this game. The mechanics work amazingly well, too...

Story wise it's great too so far... [spoiler] I like the whole thing with Link and Zelda being best friends and obviously having feelings for each other before everything happens. And to where I've gotten, I'm suspecting a kind of tragic "we can never be together" vibe... not sure how it's gonna play out but that's just the feeling I'm getting at the moment after getting through the fire temple. I mean nothing has really happened to suggest that outright but just the scene in the temple just had me thinking about it. I'm very interested in how this whole thing is gonna play out.[/spoiler]

yeah... that second switch was a pain in the butt XDDD i'm at the second temple myself. just started. haha

[spoiler]yeah =/ i'm worried about that too. i want 'em to end up together ^^]

goldenspines (post: 1517164) wrote:I have a week off from school, but still have homework (boo).
Sadly, I made the mistake of trying to hit the Skulltula too many times and then it SPUN around me like an maniac (granted, that may have been me screaming wildly. Me and spiders do not get along). Although, once you get that super awesome item, hanging from the ceiling skulltulas become a cinch.
Yeah, the first boss was a bit annoying until you got the hang of his attacks and blocks. Though, I ran up against a Deku Boba that started predicting my sword movements earlier, so I was semi-prepared before facing the boss.
[spoiler] Plus, I was laughing at him the whole time. I really can't take a villain in a leotard seriously yet. I get the feeling I will soon though. XD]

[spoiler] i died my first try on ghirahim XD also! it is an orgin story. XD confirmed by nintendo[/spoiler]
TGJesusfreak

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Ok, just gotta say. Despite the final chapters seeming a bit throw-and-fetch. The final chapter itself..... so worth it.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1512069) wrote: I no longer have a wii,

[mod snip: Stay on topic, please.]
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:56 pm

sdktgbdksgbksdgbskbgks Oh man, I need a Nintendo Wii! T_T I am so sad that I can't play this yet...
PrincessZelda

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Self snippy...

Oops didn't see before now that I got snipped earlier. I'll do Golie's job for her this time :-p
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby goldenspines » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:58 pm

At least go out and buy Skyward Sword to make up for it, Psycho Molos. =D

Sadly, I haven't had more time to play beyond halfway through the third temple.

[spoiler] But man, that last part after the Fire temple. Twist the knife in the wound why don't you? It's not my fault I'm slow. XD; It did add some more interest to the story, though. :3 [/spoiler]
goldenspines

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews