The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Or I can get it for my nieces coz they have the wii. I'm the eunuch here...no Wii :p
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Felix » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 pm

I just finished the game, and I'd have to say that it's VERY solid. Possibly the best console Zelda game, but I think it will take some time and distance from the game to really know for sure. It certainly gives OOT a run for its money, that's for sure.

[spoiler]The Sandship is possibly my new favorite dungeon of any Zelda game ever. It's so unique and fun and hardly felt like a dungeon. I didn't even realize I was in a dungeon until about halfway through it. And the Koloktos boss fight is one of the best Zelda fights ever. And the creepy pit full of bones and zombie bokoblins in the Ancient Cistern? Wowzer. Now that I think about it, there were a lot of "wow" moments for me while playing this game.[/spoiler]
Felix

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:45 am

Finally beat it too... I think it is my favorite 3D Zelda game... A Link to the Past is still tops in my book but I did really like this one. It's quite long but I guess most prefer them that way... me, I like the story to wrap between 15-20 hours :D If it's longer than that, I usually lose interest. But sank almost 53 hours in this doing all the side quests and got nearly all the heart pieces. Gave up on getting the Hylian shield and I didn't need it anyway.

Oh, and the final boss was ridiculously easy. I was expecting him to be super hard so I even did side quests and bug hunting and stocked on potions. Of course, when you're invincible for 6 minutes or so I guess any boss would be ridiculously easy =P But even so, I'd like to try him again without the invincibility potion... he hardly got any hits on me anyway.

EDIT: Oh and this is cool if anyone isn't aware or seen this yet...

This is the Main theme from Skyward Sword: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsCPBlOEyfg
This is the Main theme played backwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDAXsgoc5s (wait till about 31 seconds) =O Pretty cool IMO :D
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:55 am

I haven't had a chance to pick this up yet, but I couldn't help but notice this thread's title is "Skward Sword." Was that the original title?
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Umbreon0 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:44 pm

We'll be getting this for Christmas, most likely. Its pretty much a done deal, because mum is a big time Zelda fan.
Umbreon0

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews