Any TF2 fans?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Any TF2 fans?

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:05 am

Is anyone here a fan of Team Fortress 2? I know this is an older game, but I'd never heard of it before until a friend on DA recently brought it to my attention along with Portal 2. I'm not sure if I even have the correct game system for it (it's Xbox360 and PS3 right?) I'd really like to play it some time though. My question is just as to what kind of content the game has? It seems like it has to be rated mature, I watched the meet the characters videos on Youtube and it seemed there was a lot of blood and killing. Not to mention the thing with Red Spy and Blu Scout's mom. :lol: I wasn't really bothered by either of those things, I just kind of want to know how bloody this game gets in general (I can be squemish, even with not real blood). Sorry if this seems like a stuipid question and thank you to anyone who takes the time to answer me! :D
TopazRaven

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:54 am

Love it, just can't play ATM no computer
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 pm

It's bloody in a silly brief way usually, and extremely cartooney in the way it handles violence. At the pace your average game goes it doesn't ever get more violent than the 'meet the' videos, and never gets CLOSE to what they showed in the medic video in game. It's avaliable for FREE on the PC.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Oh really, it's free for PC? Thanks for the info! I thought it was a game you'd have to buy, I don't have a PC though. Figures. Lol.
TopazRaven

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:25 pm

It's also free for Mac.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Wait, I just had a blonde moment, a laptop that isn't an Apple is still considered a PC right? I obviously know nothing about computers.
TopazRaven

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Yes.
Unless you're running Linux.
PC is pretty much short hand for 'runs windows'.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Ah, alright. Thank you! I have a Windows 7 Dell laptop. xD
TopazRaven

Postby armeck » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:48 pm

you computer should run it. it's only multiplayer (unless your in practice mode) it's a first person shooter, it's loads of fun, but i only enjoy it when i am playing with friends, the free version doesn't allow you to trade items, and they probably don't give you "the source" (i can elaborate if you want) but (please don't take offense at this because i don't mean to be rude) since you didn't know what a "PC" is then your probably wouldn't care about "the source" or trading items.
if you ever decide to play on steam my username is the same as my username on here (that goes for all tf2 fans)
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:38 am

It's not so much that I don't know what a PC is, I was just a little confused. This is my first time owning a laptop as I've only ever had desktop computers before and I just wasn't sure if they were still considered PCs. Meanwhile, no, I probably wouldn't care about trading or the source. I'm far more concerened with the gameplay and the characters themselves. If it is a multi-player game does that mean I can't play it by myself? My friends aren't very interested in video games.
TopazRaven

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:48 am

TF2 has little to no playability outside of multiplayer. It's specificallly designed for peopel to go online and blow each other up, and the only single player mode is the 'practice' mode, which is just multiplayer matches against the computer.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:27 am

Oh dear...considering how bad I am at video games I think I might be a little to embarrassed to play with other people online. :lol:
TopazRaven

Postby armeck » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:14 pm

it depends on what server your on, you can find servers with people who are new to the game, and there are servers where the people have been playing fps games for 15 years and they can get like 50 million kill streaks with now effort.
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Neane » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:52 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1510881) wrote:Oh dear...considering how bad I am at video games I think I might be a little to embarrassed to play with other people online. :lol:

Good Rule if you are about to play, Practice! And then find the right Server. There are different ones. My favorite Servers are the Zombie Servers where one person turns into a Zombie and you have to hunt them down. Also, Some people are very Mature and are fair, and some people are not. Also, you can get free items such as Weapons and Hats and other great stuff the longer you play on a Server. If you have the right stuff, you can make even better Items. I had a very great and fun time playing that Game. I recommend you use a HeadPhone with a MicroPhone.
Neane

Postby Garland » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:23 pm

There is also the offline practice mode where you play with bots, but don't try being a spy because bots will always notice you uncloaking. Playing spy is one thing you'll have to practice online.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:27 am

http://www.steampowered.com

Download it. Install TF2. And friend-request me. We'll play. =p
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 am

I'll let you know once I have it downloaded then! Been lazy latley. :lol:
TopazRaven

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews