Stealth Games

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Stealth Games

Postby Kerusso » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Being a big fan of stealth games, I thought it fitting to put up a thread for their discussion. All the big names in games are welcome-- Assassin's Creed, Sly Cooper, whatever-- as well as the lesser known ones, like Cold War.
Heaven is only Heaven because God is in it.

[color="YellowGreen"][/color]There's only one good thing about Mary Sues... they don't exist in real life.

Forcing religion, or any ideology for that matter, down someone's throat, is not that different from doing the same with a physical object: it's an unpleasant experience to the recipient, who will likely dislike you for it afterwards.
Kerusso

Postby Popyman » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:59 pm

I love Assassin's Creed, Sly Cooper, Metal Gear Solid, Batman Arkham Asylum and Deus Ex. Haven't played any others besides those.
Popyman

Postby Neane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:33 pm

I really liked Thief: Deadly Shadows a while back. That's all I ever got involved with.
Neane

Postby Agloval » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:30 am

Neane (post: 1510438) wrote:I really liked Thief: Deadly Shadows a while back. That's all I ever got involved with.

Thief and its first sequel were superb games and crushingly stylish to boot. I don't think I've played anything that's quite as satisfying a stealth experience, though I'm only an intermittent gamer.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:56 am

I used to like stealth games but now almost every game has some botched stealth element in it. I would not call assassins creed a stealth game either. It's pure action adventure
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Tenchu Z, though it's more of a Ninja's are Awsome game than stealth once you progress a ways. But that isn't a bad thing.

Socom. Any of them. Except the PS3 ones. Those just don't even exist.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:25 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1510542) wrote:I used to like stealth games but now almost every game has some botched stealth element in it. I would not call assassins creed a stealth game either. It's pure action adventure

Agreed.

I played Sly Cooper 1-3, those were some fun games, I wonder if the new one will be any good.

Splinter Cell 1-4
Chaos Theory was my favorite, the culmination of the trilogy. Double agent just wasn't the same.

I have played some of the SOCOM series, though I hesitate to list it as stealth games.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:11 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1510763) wrote:Agreed.

I played Sly Cooper 1-3, those were some fun games, I wonder if the new one will be any good.

Splinter Cell 1-4
Chaos Theory was my favorite, the culmination of the trilogy. Double agent just wasn't the same.

I have played some of the SOCOM series, though I hesitate to list it as stealth games.

Chaos theory was excellent, pure stealth bliss. Conviction is really good too but totally less of a stealth game.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:17 pm

The Tenchu series is quite an amazing series. They will be having a new Tenchu game coming out sometime next year. I'm REALLY looking forward to playing it.
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews