Aksys Games releasing first English Otome

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Aksys Games releasing first English Otome

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

[font="Garamond"]❤ That is correct! Aksys Games has officially announced that they are bringing Hakuoki: Demon of the fleeting Cherry Blossom to the US/English market! This will be the US' *FIRST* Otome game! Fangirls everywhere are praying this leads the way to more Otome game~

Hakuoki is a PSP Otome title where you take the role as Chizure Yukimure, the female protagonist who is looking for her father. The story takes place towards the end of Japan's Edo period, with Chizure's (your) potential suitors being Shinsengumi. The game is mostly story driven, with six potential good endings and six potential bad endings.

While a release date has yet to be officially announced, Aksys Games believes Hakuoki will be available early 2012. Did I mention that they plan to offer pre-order/LE goodies? (A couple months ago Aksys had a poll to see what people would like as an omake. I've been stalking this development since it was first announced)

Aksys Games are most well known for bringing the DS game 999 to the Western market.

You have probably heard of Hakuoki (also called/written Hakuouki) from the anime series that was done after the game. ^^

Just for fun, I'm including the anime opening ~

...I can't decide on who my favorite Bishie is ~! (>//O//<) ~ bliss [/font]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Popyman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:50 pm

I love Aksys. I have zero interest in this for obvious reasons, but I'm glad it makes you happy! ^^

Really weird decision though, I can't imagine there being a ton of girls with PSPs(in America at least). Seems like translating one on the DS would have been better...Still, everyone said 999 wouldn't sell and that went on to do REALLY well (buy that game if you haven't already peoples, it is crazy good).
Popyman

!

Postby Song_of_Storms » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:39 am

[font="Garamond"]Aaaw~ thank you! >w</ It makes me and a whole lot of other girls *very* happy! :3

You'd be surprised how many girls have PSPs, actually. (every girl my age I that know, in fact XD) Plus, a lot of girls bought PSPs just so we could play Japanese Otome games! (since the PSP is region free ~) -and girls tend to like JRPGs, which the PSP has a oodles of.

But you're right. The DS seems like it would have been a "safer" bet... Dum dee dum dum! *3*

In fact, Hakuoki isn't even one of my favorite series (yet! I'm still going to buy it. -and multiple copies. I'll be pulling a Konata) . I'm hoping this paves the way for english releases of Starry☆Sky series, Arcobalano!, Vitamin series, Uta no prince-sama maji 1000%, La Corda d'oro, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, S.Y.K, Wand of Fortune and Will O' Wisp !

[/font]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby blkmage » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:34 am

Actually, it's because almost all the visual novels that aren't on PC are on the PSP and there are almost none on the DS. This is a consequence of the PSP (and not the PS3) turning out to be the successor to the PS2's JRPGs and visual novels.
blkmage

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews